Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else get low down kicks where you feel like you’ve got feet in your vag?! 🤣

Both babies were breech at the last check and I keep getting kicks down there and for a split second it makes me feel like I’m either going to piss myself or my waters are going to break 🥲 it’s so uncomfortable!
Yes! Felt like he was doing riverdance in my bits and I was convinced I’d go for a wee and have a foot poking out because the kicks were so hard 😂
---
I liked the lovall winter maternity leggings, haven’t tried the normal maternity ones. The lined winter ones were great though but too warm to wear now. I like the asos maternity leggings they’re really good and I’ve washed them a million times now and they still look new. They’re starting to dig in a little now (still wearable) at 31 weeks but my bump is ginormous so maybe that’s why.

For maternity jeans I did have a couple of pairs from next but the pretend waistband bit digs in to bump too much now and it’s uncomfortable so I don’t wear them anymore.

Reactions: 4
I haven’t bothered and just sized up for my jeans . I’m 20 weeks and my bump isn’t big enough to fill the extra material on those jeans . They’re more better for when you’re like 30 weeks onwards
I was like this first time but this time bump has come in so early, I’ve been in maternity bottoms from early on. At 24 weeks i’m like 34 weeks last time.
I just did an order for some more bits and kind of annoyed I waited this long as I’ve been a bit uncomfy in my round the house stuff or looking rough in massive joggers. Loathed to spend the money for a few months but can’t cope being uncomfy.
My New look and Next jeans from last time have seem me through till now but got some satin joggers from asos and maternity leggings from Amazon and SHEIN. New look had great jeans last time but I’ve not looked this time.
Primark ribbed sports leggings which have a lovely stretchy waist and their cheap ones in a size up are still holding on too.

36 weeks today and had my final growth scan! His measurements are all good but when I met with the consultant afterwards to discuss induction/C section due to having GD I did feel like she was judging me a lot for not wanting to be induced. I get they (presumably) have to make sure it’s not just a decision I’m making on a whim but I’ve done my research and reading about it plus it’s all covered in ante-natal classes. Anyway C section will be booked in for me in case Baby Parsley hasn’t made his grand entrance by 40+6. Feeling very real now!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
can someone help me with writing some birth preferences, not a plan but just things after birth ie. partner to cut cord, help with first latch, do not give formula, partner to have skin to skin if I am unable to or medically unwell. Don't know what else to include, first baby so happy to go with flow also in terms of pain relief!!

can someone help me with writing some birth preferences, not a plan but just things after birth ie. partner to cut cord, help with first latch, do not give formula, partner to have skin to skin if I am unable to or medically unwell. Don't know what else to include, first baby so happy to go with flow also in terms of pain relief!!
There’s some baby birth plan templates on pinterest which are good

If there’s a Baby & Toddler show near you, it’s worth going onto their Facebook page and bagging yourself some free tickets x
IMG_1521.jpeg

Back home after my monitoring. Baby is doing fine, blood pressure is good. Had a scan and fluid is good, baby was busy sucking on their toes 😂 Midwife managed to do a sweep this time so hoping that does something. Induction is booked for Friday but hoping it won't come to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can anyone recommend the best pregnancy style pillow please? I currently have one of those long ones but struggling to get comfy with it and feel its just too big! I'm starting to get pain in my hips at night time sleeping on my side so don't know if a smaller wedge kind of one would be better if anyone has one they find comfy and could recommend.

I also have my 20 week scan this Friday and feeling really nervous and anxious about it, so far all scans have been fine but I think where its the anomaly scan and they do all the thorough checks it has made me really anxious and scared that something could be wrong, can someone let me know what kind of checks it is they do and what the appointment will entail, hoping having some idea with what to expect will ease my anxiety slightly, thank you xx

I got a Bellamoon pillow this time around, it’s much smaller and lighter than the one I got from Amazon with my first pregnancy and I find it much comfier, although it’s also a lot more expensive 😟 you can take the end bits off and stick them together to make a feeding pillow though, so I haven’t had to buy one of those this time around!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I got a Bellamoon pillow this time around, it’s much smaller and lighter than the one I got from Amazon with my first pregnancy and I find it much comfier, although it’s also a lot more expensive 😟 you can take the end bits off and stick them together to make a feeding pillow though, so I haven’t had to buy one of those this time around!
I have this one too and it’s been a life saver. Worth looking for discount codes around bank holidays as that’s when I got mine!

• Heart
I have the Niimo one. It's <£40 but I think it's might be the same as the one that keeps being offered for £12.99 on wowcher :rolleyes:
It also turns into a feeding pillow and is long but quite skinny, not lost it's bounce since Xmas when I got it.
I'd probably have preferred something moulded but I couldn't warrant over £100. I can't say it's an absolute dream but it's been comfortable and versatile so far and the small part can be used between the legs.

Back home after my monitoring. Baby is doing fine, blood pressure is good. Had a scan and fluid is good, baby was busy sucking on their toes 😂 Midwife managed to do a sweep this time so hoping that does something. Induction is booked for Friday but hoping it won't come to that.
Keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🏼😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Where does all the pee come from?!

Honestly, I could just smell a glass of water before bed and still pee 8 times in a night.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Any solutions for shaving now my bump is bigger? Do I need to just commit to waxing from now on after doing an absolutely terrible job of shaving today that to be honest is probably a good thing I can’t see 😂 I know others said their partner will do it for them but honestly I don’t think I can get mine to!

Any solutions for shaving now my bump is bigger? Do I need to just commit to waxing from now on after doing an absolutely terrible job of shaving today that to be honest is probably a good thing I can’t see 😂 I know others said their partner will do it for them but honestly I don’t think I can get mine to!
I’ve given up now I’m too tired to be bothered and feel like a rotisserie chicken rolling around in the bath trying to see past my bump and get the angles. Embrace your new life as a yeti 🤣

• Haha
Sitting on the floor and a mirror.
For the general bikini line an old pair of knickers pulled up the sides or a back to front liner so stuck on you (so it’s basically guarding the important bits) and hair removal cream then a trimmer with a guard for shorten the main area.
But honestly, I can barely be arsed. They recommend you don’t have a fresh shave/wax before birth because you can get ingrown hairs, nicks or whatever that can encourage bacteria.

My guide to giving birth leaflet from the hospital specifically says not to shave before birth because it increases infection risk?! I’m still hacking away blindly for now and hoping for the best though but I can barely reach so who knows what it looks like 😂 my legs are definitely worse because I can’t be bothered to bend in the shower 🙈

• Haha
Haha, thank you all! Yeti life it is, alternatives seem like a lot of effort and to be honest just being a functioning human is enough for me right now 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My guide to giving birth leaflet from the hospital specifically says not to shave before birth because it increases infection risk?! I’m still hacking away blindly for now and hoping for the best though but I can barely reach so who knows what it looks like 😂 my legs are definitely worse because I can’t be bothered to bend in the shower 🙈
Had no idea about the infection risk but thank you for giving me permission to continue embracing my best yeti life!

It’s still leggings weather why are you bothering with your legs? 🤣 that’s too much effort for me until it hits 25 degrees even when I’m not pregnant!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Only bothering with my legs because I’ve spent so much time in and out of hospital and having to take my leggings off for speculums etc so I’ve kept on top of them. Til recently, they’re definitely not smooth now. Now I get out of breath bending over so they can just put up with my hairy legs until the weather is better and I get Mr R to shave them so I can wear dresses 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.