Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There have been a few times now where I've shuffled in bed at night and it's caused an instant pain around the area where baby is, last night was extra bad though and actually made me cry out. There have also been a few times during the day where it feels like someone is pulling and pinging elastic bands inside what feels like my ovaries. Does anyone know what this could be? Should I be worried?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
There have been a few times now where I've shuffled in bed at night and it's caused an instant pain around the area where baby is, last night was extra bad though and actually made me cry out. There have also been a few times during the day where it feels like someone is pulling and pinging elastic bands inside what feels like my ovaries. Does anyone know what this could be? Should I be worried?
How far along are you now? Sounds like round ligament pain

Reactions: 3
13 weeks now. Trying not to go into panic mode so just wondering if this is another joyous pregnancy side effect or not 😅
Yeah it sounds like round ligament pain to me! Especially if it’s happening whilst you’re in bed, I had the same when I was in second trimester round my bump when I’d roll over

Reactions: 5
13 weeks now. Trying not to go into panic mode so just wondering if this is another joyous pregnancy side effect or not 😅
I think it’s another pregnancy joy. I feel like my Punic bone is on fire, it’s like a back spasm but in my pelvic bone. Went to GP yesterday about it. They said to speak to midwife and see if I can get a physio appointment. Might need to get a band to try to keep the bones/ligaments together.. 20 weeks on Saturday hoping it doesn’t get worse but suspect it will. Starting to waddle with the discomfort. Joys!!

@Brewtime87 Definitely sounds like round ligament pain, you'll want to see a physio. We have self referral here but you may need to be referred through your midwife for your trust. Hope you manage to get some relief soon x

Happy 41 weeks to me! Dreamt that my waters broke in Tesco and that I also had the baby in my sleep. One of those is wishful thinking 🧐😂 Also nearly fell out of bed twice trying to roll over to get up for a wee 😂 Come on wee one, you're making me when more clumsy than normal!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm 32 + 3, Just woke up and my nipple was almost stuck to my pj top ?! 😂 my top was pink so the dark patch looked almost like blood, but when I've looked it's really yellowy. Is this colostrum making an appearance? The patch wasn't wet, it was hard and crusty so must have happened overnight then dried I guess. Sorry for TMI but pregnancy is just TMI lol

• Haha
I'm 32 + 3, Just woke up and my nipple was almost stuck to my pj top ?! 😂 my top was pink so the dark patch looked almost like blood, but when I've looked it's really yellowy. Is this colostrum making an appearance? The patch wasn't wet, it was hard and crusty so must have happened overnight then dried I guess. Sorry for TMI but pregnancy is just TMI lol
Yeah sounds like it! I rolled over in bed the other day and my top was soaking wet so I looked and my nipple was leaking 😅 so glam

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sounds like colostrum to me 😊

• Heart
Thanks ladies. I love how I can ask/talk about the weirdest things on here and get replies lol so helpful!! It was a strange morning peeling my nipple from my pj top 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Such glamour 😂 mine are always crusty when I wake up now, I’m assuming from leaking droplets overnight. Sometimes they’ll be really painful and then they leak in the shower 😳

On the subject of colostrum - is anyone doing or planning to do colostrum harvesting?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Such glamour 😂 mine are always crusty when I wake up now, I’m assuming from leaking droplets overnight. Sometimes they’ll be really painful and then they leak in the shower 😳

On the subject of colostrum - is anyone doing or planning to do colostrum harvesting?
I am, got my kit at the feeding class I did with midwife. If I manage to collect any, I hope we remember it when I actually go into hospital!! I do need to look into it a bit more though, If everything is well with you and baby and you are managing to breastfeed, is it just given as a supplement or something?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I am, got my kit at the feeding class I did with midwife. If I manage to collect any, I hope we remember it when I actually go into hospital!! I do need to look into it a bit more though, If everything is well with you and baby and you are managing to breastfeed, is it just given as a supplement or something?
I was advised that sometimes baby can be really sleepy after birth and a bit of colostrum in a syringe can help wake them for a feed. Or it can be used as a top up to take away that anxiety of breastfeeding in the first few days. Colostrum will last 6 months in the freezer and is also good for a cracked nipple or baby’s gunky eye later on ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was advised that sometimes baby can be really sleepy after birth and a bit of colostrum in a syringe can help wake them for a feed. Or it can be used as a top up to take away that anxiety of breastfeeding in the first few days. Colostrum will last 6 months in the freezer and is also good for a cracked nipple or baby’s gunky eye later on ☺
Thank you!! I guess the midwives will help you give baby it if needed! just had a Google and a little bit can raise their blood sugar levels and perk them up a bit, bit like Lucozade for babies lol

• Haha
I’ve bought syringes for it on Amazon and watched a load of TikTok’s but I’m also a bit confused about it. Those that have done it in this pregnancy or previous pregnancies do you have any top tips?? So far I just see to massage my boobs first

Agree with the others sounds like round ligament pain. Which is the WORST when you sneeze 😭
Oh my god yes this! I get the fear every time I feel a sneeze brewing now. Well I'm glad it's nothing more sinister at least. Thank you ladies x

I’ve bought syringes for it on Amazon and watched a load of TikTok’s but I’m also a bit confused about it. Those that have done it in this pregnancy or previous pregnancies do you have any top tips?? So far I just see to massage my boobs first
I’ll admit I’m terrified of the concept of this and of breast feeding in general 😫

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.