Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone got any practical experience of having a sweep? E.g How was it? Did it work?

Midwife wants to do one next week at 39 weeks but I’m not keen on the idea. Hoping baby arrives before but that’s just me being optimistic!

Has anyone got any practical experience of having a sweep? E.g How was it? Did it work?

Midwife wants to do one next week at 39 weeks but I’m not keen on the idea. Hoping baby arrives before but that’s just me being optimistic!
I had a sweep with my 2nd baby. She did it on the 40 week mark. It was a little bit uncomfortable like having a smear but nothing major. He came 3 days later. My 1st had to be induced at 42 weeks so going by that I'd say it had some effect.

You can only get a sweep if your cervix is already ripened and slightly dilated. In order to do it the midwife will do an internal exam and use their finger inside of your cervix to break away any membranes from the amniotic sac to the cervix. This helps release prostaglandin and starts labour. I had an exam at my recent appointment (40+2 at the time) because things didn't feel like they were progressing and I wanted to have some reassurance that something was happening. It was very uncomfortable, felt like the midwife was trying to shove her entire arm right up into my vague, and her poking and pressing on my cervix was quite painful. I wouldn't like to go through it again unless it's absolutely avoidable (she says at 40+6 and miserable).

I had one at 40+1 which was quite painful (I definitely wasn’t ready)
Another at 40+6 weeks which didn’t really hurt
And then went into early labour 41+2, she gave me another sweep while checking my dilation (1cm) and it ramped everything up, within 5 hours I was 4cm

Congratulations! I've honestly felt indifferent/in denial for the last few weeks but I'm finally letting it sink in at nearly 10 weeks lol and getting my first scan next week which I think will help!
Thank you! I think that may be me aswell until a scan haha, congratulations to you too!

Thank you everyone for the support and congratulations to everyone expecting xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else get low down kicks where you feel like you’ve got feet in your vag?! 🤣

Both babies were breech at the last check and I keep getting kicks down there and for a split second it makes me feel like I’m either going to piss myself or my waters are going to break 🥲 it’s so uncomfortable!

Solid jean advice thanks all! Reckon I could size up for a bit then get some of the over bump ones. Love the H&M ones and I might see if I can find the boohoo ones on vinted. I’m just a bit fat round the middle currently 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is it too early to ring midwife team about lack of movement? I'm 15 weeks today. Got gender scan booked for next week so will see baby then but starting to be very worried. Normally he reacts to food so gonna have some breakfast and see if that triggers anything.

So I'm just over 20 weeks pregnant and have been feeling her move/kick since around 17 weeks, the past couple of weeks I notice she seems to be most active in the mornings when I get to work/have breakfast around 9am for quite a while and then evenings once I'm in bed but this morning I haven't felt her move or kick at all. What would you all suggest? I don't know if I'm just over worrying and she could just be less active this morning and to just wait and see the rest of the day/this evening or whether to phone the midwife/hospital? When I had my last midwife app she said from around 24 weeks you need to monitor lack of movement so don't know whether I'm to early on to phone them just yet? Thank you x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I got two pairs of the Lovall maternity leggings and they were absolute crap. Had no stretch but stretched out, started to pill after about half an hour of wear and then shrunk when I first washed them (at 30° and hung dry too). Complained and they sent me two replacements, after much back and forth. The replacements were better but still not great. Totally not worth the hype or money. Haven't tried their jeggings but definitely wouldn't want to.
I got the revitalise ones and love them! So comfy. Plenty of stretch on bump. I basically live in them now.

Is it too early to ring midwife team about lack of movement? I'm 15 weeks today. Got gender scan booked for next week so will see baby then but starting to be very worried. Normally he reacts to food so gonna have some breakfast and see if that triggers anything.
I’m not sure they would do anything or bring you in for monitoring as it can be hard for midwives to find a heartbeat at the 16 week appt with a doppler. I believe many have stopped even offering to listen that early as it can cause more worry. I might be completely wrong though!

In my personal experience it’s very normal to have days with little/no movement in those early days, there’s absolutely no harm in discussing your concerns though! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else get low down kicks where you feel like you’ve got feet in your vag?! 🤣

Both babies were breech at the last check and I keep getting kicks down there and for a split second it makes me feel like I’m either going to piss myself or my waters are going to break 🥲 it’s so uncomfortable!
Me!!
Honestly I cannot figure out his position.
It shocks me everytime haha. I'm 27 weeks and sometimes feel like he's tryna get out already 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So I'm just over 20 weeks pregnant and have been feeling her move/kick since around 17 weeks, the past couple of weeks I notice she seems to be most active in the mornings when I get to work/have breakfast around 9am for quite a while and then evenings once I'm in bed but this morning I haven't felt her move or kick at all. What would you all suggest? I don't know if I'm just over worrying and she could just be less active this morning and to just wait and see the rest of the day/this evening or whether to phone the midwife/hospital? When I had my last midwife app she said from around 24 weeks you need to monitor lack of movement so don't know whether I'm to early on to phone them just yet? Thank you x
I’m in the same position. I’m 20 weeks and been feeling flutters since 16 weeks (2nd baby) however this is reduced in the last few days. Spoke to maternity assessment twice and been told not to expect regular movements until 24 weeks. I’ve got a scan on Thursday so trying not to worry until then. They did say I could come in yesterday to go on a trace but they weren’t worried. 😬

• Heart
I got two pairs of the Lovall maternity leggings and they were absolute crap. Had no stretch but stretched out, started to pill after about half an hour of wear and then shrunk when I first washed them (at 30° and hung dry too). Complained and they sent me two replacements, after much back and forth. The replacements were better but still not great. Totally not worth the hype or money. Haven't tried their jeggings but definitely wouldn't want to.
Oh really. All I’ve seen is people rave about them. Won’t bother now then and stick to finding ones on vinted or try h and m.
For normal leggings I got a pair from Primark that are super comfy but their instore maternity range is useless. Annoys me when they have so much Disney stuff and one rack for maternity !

I didn’t really buy any maternity stuff last time but 2nd baby so I already feel bigger. I’m trying to hold off as long as possible, thankfully I’ve got bigger jeans and trousers from after my first baby which should hopefully fit for a while then I plan to get some stretchy ribbed dresses for summer time.

Would really recommend Shein for a few baby bits, here's what I've just received, all random items but super happy!! got a discount code but everything was so cheap but decent quality?!!

https://www.shein.co.uk/1pc-Newborn...s-1-Ink-Pad-2-Sheets-Of-Paper-p-26555193.html newborn hand/footprint set- got this for £1.52

https://www.shein.co.uk/1pc-Oxford-...-Suitable-For-Storage-And-Use-p-11549297.html Nappy bag- amazing value got this for £8, it's good quality tbh and will do to begin with anyway!!

https://www.shein.co.uk/Baby-Stroll...-Cell-Phone-Mount-Bottle-Rack-p-15402612.html Water bottle/phone holder for pram- paid £2.03

https://www.shein.co.uk/Maternity-Solid-Plush-Inside-Breastfeeding-Pillow-p-13023451.html arm support pillow- paid £2.67

https://www.shein.co.uk/Baby-Stroller-Warm-And-Thick-Cushion-For-Sleeping-p-26961557.html £6.93, will be a good liner for pram

• Heart
I’m not sure they would do anything or bring you in for monitoring as it can be hard for midwives to find a heartbeat at the 16 week appt with a doppler. I believe many have stopped even offering to listen that early as it can cause more worry. I might be completely wrong though!

In my personal experience it’s very normal to have days with little/no movement in those early days, there’s absolutely no harm in discussing your concerns though! ❤
If had a few niggles since eating so that's good. Not the usual activity but I got my scan next week plus midwife appointment 2 days later so trying to just relax about it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Had my 28 week appointment today! Everything’s going so quick. Got my private 4D scan tomorrow so excited for that and to see baby again 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m in the same position. I’m 20 weeks and been feeling flutters since 16 weeks (2nd baby) however this is reduced in the last few days. Spoke to maternity assessment twice and been told not to expect regular movements until 24 weeks. I’ve got a scan on Thursday so trying not to worry until then. They did say I could come in yesterday to go on a trace but they weren’t worried. 😬
Oh okay thank you for letting me know, that has reassured me so thank you! I guess if they aren't worried then its nothing to be overly concerned about! I also have a scan at the end of the week as well so will hold out till then! Thanks for your reply xxx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.