Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My hormones today are through the roof. Found out today I have to desk share at work and I've cried all morning and I'm ready to jack in my career. It's not rational but makes perfect sense to me right now.
Oh no! I dread the crazy hormones coming. I am not an emotional person but I feel like I cried so much near the end of my last pregnancy and kept telling my husband I no longer wanted to live with him because he’s too messy. I can see that happening again, even more so with a messy toddler 😂 I’ve already considered suffocating him because he’s been snoring extremely loud and I could not sleep!

Reactions: 1
How far along are you?

I had an anterior placenta in my last pregnancy and felt bubbles/twitching a few times between 16-20 weeks (I am naturally very small though) but I didn’t start to feel proper distinguishable hard kicks until about 22 weeks.

this time I have one anterior placenta and one posterior. The twin with the anterior placenta still felt more cushioned up until around a week ago, but now I’m past 24 weeks I feel them a lot more!
Sorry forgot to say I’m 20 weeks ! I have known since 16 it was anterior so I’ve been prepared to not feel anything for a few weeks but everyone keeps asking me and it’s doing my head in! I’ve also got some fat cushioning !

For those with anterior placenta what did the movements feel like and how often do you feel them once it’s started. I keep hearing about bubbles / butterflies but I’m getting more of a muscle twitch a few times a day and not sure if it’s the baby or not!
I had an anterior placenta with my first and I felt him throughout the day. He'd react to certain music mostly. Think it didn't start until at least 20 weeks. Once he got big enough he'd constantly stretch his legs and I'd end up with a foot trapped under my ribs 😬 Have a posterior placenta with this baby and feel so much more.

Sorry forgot to say I’m 20 weeks ! I have known since 16 it was anterior so I’ve been prepared to not feel anything for a few weeks but everyone keeps asking me and it’s doing my head in! I’ve also got some fat cushioning !
I found out at my 20 week scan that I’ve got an anterior placenta, didn’t with my first but I felt flutters from about 16 weeks then proper kicks at 22 weeks. Now I’m 28 weeks and I feel her moving a lot. I can’t really tell the difference from the movements from my first!

Reactions: 3
I had my scan this morning after having one 10 days ago and them saying it was either too early or the pregnancy hadn’t progressed. I’ve been spotting for two weeks now so was fearing the worse!
Well today they saw baby and a heartbeat 🥰 so so relieved! So it was because I ovulated a week late so I’m actually 6 weeks 6 days. So happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I had my scan this morning after having one 10 days ago and them saying it was either too early or the pregnancy hadn’t progressed. I’ve been spotting for two weeks now so was fearing the worse!
Well today they saw baby and a heartbeat 🥰 so so relieved! So it was because I ovulated a week late so I’m actually 6 weeks 6 days. So happy!
Amazing news! Congratulations 🥰

Ahhh I’m so happy for you! Congratulations 🥰

Ah so happy for you 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anterior placenta mean to the back? Mine this time is to the back and started feeling him at 12 weeks +5. Quiet early but I've already had kids and am a small person. My wombs tilted as well so dunno if that plays a part.

I had an anterior placenta with my first and I felt him throughout the day. He'd react to certain music mostly. Think it didn't start until at least 20 weeks. Once he got big enough he'd constantly stretch his legs and I'd end up with a foot trapped under my ribs 😬 Have a posterior placenta with this baby and feel so much more.
Fingers crossed I’ll know in a couple of weeks! They’re currently breach so I’ve been told I may feel the kicks a bit further down!
---
So happy for you!
---
Does anterior placenta mean to the back? Mine this time is to the back and started feeling him at 12 weeks +5. Quiet early but I've already had kids and am a small person. My wombs tilted as well so dunno if that plays a part.
At the front so it can cushion the feeling

Posterior is at the back 😊

Fingers crossed I’ll know in a couple of weeks! They’re currently breach so I’ve been told I may feel the kicks a bit further down!
---

So happy for you!
---

At the front so it can cushion the feeling
Oh OK. With my current youngest I know it was at the front and I felt him around 16ish weeks if I remember correctly. He was a very small baby and a barely showed with him.

For those with anterior placenta what did the movements feel like and how often do you feel them once it’s started. I keep hearing about bubbles / butterflies but I’m getting more of a muscle twitch a few times a day and not sure if it’s the baby or not!
Ooh I was about to post the same question!! I’m 19w, also have an anterior placenta so was prepared that I might not feel much till 20+ but I’ve definitely felt some twitching this week, a bit like when your eyelid twitches when you’ve had too much screen time 🤣 and it’s on the side where baby has been when I’ve had previous scans 🤔 but I didn’t know if I was imagining it or if it actually just is a muscle twitch 😭

• Heart
I have an anterior placenta and have been wondering about the movements too! I keep getting little like bubbly feelings and wondering if it’s the baby or just a fart brewing 😂😂 I can’t wait to feel proper strong kicks 🥰 I was a bit worried when the sonographer said it was anterior cos I have a tendency to overthink and panic but it’s reassuring to read here how common it is!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel like this baby is trying to burst his way out of my vagina already. The pressure/pain 😭😭 currently crawling on all 4s with my head down trying to relieve some pressure much to Mr R’s amusement 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ahh I seen my first kick today!! I'm 23 weeks with an anterior placenta, I've been feeling him more and more over the last 3 or so weeks but today I SEEN one, so happy! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like this baby is trying to burst his way out of my vagina already. The pressure/pain 😭😭 currently crawling on all 4s with my head down trying to relieve some pressure much to Mr R’s amusement 🙈
Sware I felt like this other day. Felt like my waters was about to break was coming back home from shopping and we all had to stop and wait til the sensation left.

• Wow
Sware I felt like this other day. Felt like my waters was about to break was coming back home from shopping and we all had to stop and wait til the sensation left.
That’s what it feels like! I have to keep stopping and breathing through it. Doubled over sometimes with it. If it was happening while I sit down too I’d be worrying it was contractions or something but it’s only happening when I’m standing. It’s so painful though.

My crawling has just given him an energy burst to do some kung fu and not actually relieved any pressure this time so that’s fun. Cheers little man 😂

• Heart
That’s what it feels like! I have to keep stopping and breathing through it. Doubled over sometimes with it. If it was happening while I sit down too I’d be worrying it was contractions or something but it’s only happening when I’m standing. It’s so painful though.

My crawling has just given him an energy burst to do some kung fu and not actually relieved any pressure this time so that’s fun. Cheers little man 😂
Yeah I was having to do deep breathing too. Couldn't carry on walking at all til it stopped. It's scary init.

• Heart
It really is! I think im hyper alert to it because I know I’m at risk of preterm labour because of my placenta so I’m probably over thinking it 🙄 but my god it’s painful. I don’t know how he can be this low and not just…fall out 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.