Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've got a name for our wee one. Was really hard this time round because I wanted it to be in a similar vein to our first's and it would have been much easier to find one that matches if we were having a girl. For middle names we've gone with a family name, my OH family for our first, mine for our second.

I'm really struggling today. Had awful heartburn and nausea throughout the night and loads of braxton hicks. Woken up with a bad headache again (third day in a row), my hands are getting sore and are a little swollen, my eyesight is getting worse and I feel really sick again. When the midwife did the pee test yesterday she said it came back ++ which I think means protein and potentially pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was fine and she wasn't too fussed about my other symptoms. This morning my FiL accidentally shut my little one's toe under the door and my MiL has been stressing me out because she refused to take my LO's change bag out with them (not trendy enough, happily shove stuff in her bag even though it wasn't big enough). Not sure what to do. Should I call triage about my symptoms? Really don't want to go in and end up being kept in 😬
Yes I’d call triage. You don’t want to mess around with pre-eclampsia, it can move really quickly. If they keep you in it’ll be for the right reasons. They may even induce you so I’d go fully prepared. Good luck x

Sorry to ruin the lovely name choosing chat, I just needed to vent. I’m in the WORST MOOD EVER TODAY and everyone keeps making it worse. Rant over. (Almost 8 weeks) 😡🥵🤬😰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We've got a name for our wee one. Was really hard this time round because I wanted it to be in a similar vein to our first's and it would have been much easier to find one that matches if we were having a girl. For middle names we've gone with a family name, my OH family for our first, mine for our second.

I'm really struggling today. Had awful heartburn and nausea throughout the night and loads of braxton hicks. Woken up with a bad headache again (third day in a row), my hands are getting sore and are a little swollen, my eyesight is getting worse and I feel really sick again. When the midwife did the pee test yesterday she said it came back ++ which I think means protein and potentially pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was fine and she wasn't too fussed about my other symptoms. This morning my FiL accidentally shut my little one's toe under the door and my MiL has been stressing me out because she refused to take my LO's change bag out with them (not trendy enough, happily shove stuff in her bag even though it wasn't big enough). Not sure what to do. Should I call triage about my symptoms? Really don't want to go in and end up being kept in 😬
I would definitely speak to triage, especially if you have a headache and it’s causing changes to your eyesight.

I had pre-eclampsia (literally just before/during labour) and I went from feeling okay, to looking down and seeing my feet and legs balloon up in the space of about half an hour and having medication shoved down my throat! Good luck xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Definitely speak to triage! I hope you don’t have to wait much longer to meet your little one with how uncomfortable you’re feeling 🤗 ❤

• Heart
Georgie/George is actually a contender for us. 3yr old loves it 😂 But with all the names in the world if feels like we should go for something less familiar…. But equally I don’t want to curse the kid with a weird name for the sake of being different. The surname is a noun too which makes it a little harder.
I love George but think I’d maybe use it as a middle name. Would’ve considered Georgie for a girl but a family member already used Georgia so that’s out. I much prefer classic/traditional names. These quirky, unusual names are not for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am dreading picking a name. When we've spoken about it in the past we've had very, very different ideas.
Very poorly today, another morning spent being sick and 3 day of an awful headache that just won't shift. I've tried paracetamol, migraine cold patches, tried sitting with my feet in a hot bath while putting a cold flannel on my neck but it's just not budging. We're telling a few people today but honestly I just want to hide away in bed. Eugh we really do go through it don't we.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I picked this ones name straight away. It's a unisex name. Not common but not made up either or chavvy etc lol. No other names have even been considered. One of my kids has an adjective for a name (meaning behind it lol) I also have 2 juniors (2 baby daddies lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am dreading picking a name. When we've spoken about it in the past we've had very, very different ideas.
Very poorly today, another morning spent being sick and 3 day of an awful headache that just won't shift. I've tried paracetamol, migraine cold patches, tried sitting with my feet in a hot bath while putting a cold flannel on my neck but it's just not budging. We're telling a few people today but honestly I just want to hide away in bed. Eugh we really do go through it don't we.
Have you seen anyone about your headache? It could be down to blood pressure or even dehydration if you’re being so sick? Hope you feel better soon

• Heart
Have you seen anyone about your headache? It could be down to blood pressure or even dehydration if you’re being so sick? Hope you feel better soon
No I haven't to be fair, but I have always suffered from migraines and bad headaches and have read that if you're already prone to them, then you're likely to suffer in pregnancy ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 3
No I haven't to be fair, but I have always suffered from migraines and bad headaches and have read that if you're already prone to them, then you're likely to suffer in pregnancy ☹
Yeah part of the reason I got signed off from work was because of migraines! I’ve always been prone to headaches but everyday I’d finish work with a migraine so I got signed off along with being anaemic. The dr prescribed me aspirin which helped more than paracetomal if you want to give that a try x

• Heart
Phoned triage and they didn't want to see me. Suggested my headache may be due to a sinus infection which, to be fair, my OH has had bad man flu for the past couple of days so is quite likely. I'd taken three readings of my blood pressure at home and given them the average and they weren't too fussed about that. Have been out for a walk and am feeling much better now. Feeling a bit fed up with the in laws and really guilty about not being able to do stuff with my wee one and I think it is just getting a bit much for me, especially with the constant comments and messages about the baby. It's very overwhelming 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
@Brewtime87 sorry I’m being totally lazy, can you please link the pregnancy pillow you posted the other day? Or if anyone has any other recommendations. My husband thought he was doing well and brought me in a V shaped pillow from ikea last night but I’ve told him to take it back, I want a big one! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
@Brewtime87 sorry I’m being totally lazy, can you please link the pregnancy pillow you posted the other day? Or if anyone has any other recommendations. My husband thought he was doing well and brought me in a V shaped pillow from ikea last night but I’ve told him to take it back, I want a big one! 😂
Absolutely! It's this one, although I've not tried it yet to be able to say if it's any good or not x

• Heart
Sorry you’re suffering @Jellycat369 Hopefully things start moving soon, in the meantime can you refer comments to your husband for a kind “Thanks for thinking of us, we’ll let you know when there’s something to report. We’re just enjoying our last few days a a 3”?

I’ve reached the magic 24 weeks, officially viable! I know it’s no guarantee and still really early but it feels like a bit of a pregnancy milestone. Feeling better in myself too which is positive. Can’t wait to get to my 28 week growth scan, feels like that will be a big relief.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m 7w6 with my 2nd pregnancy.

1st pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage (ended up MC fully at 11 ish weeks)

I’m terrified and imagining every tug or pull in my abdomen is another MC

Any advice for how to mentally get through the next few weeks until my 1st scan?
---
I had my early scan today due to some spotting. My last period puts me at 6 weeks & 2 days but they said I’m measuring 5. They only saw the sac & nothing else 😥 They did say I could just be too early or it could be that the pregnancy isn’t progressing as it should. I do ovulate late (around day 22 of my cycle) so don’t know if that could be why? Got to wait 10 days for another scan. Hate all this waiting and not knowing. Anyone had anything similar happen?
m this was me last year and sadly it was a missed miscarriage. But I was absolutely sure of my dates .

• Heart
  • Sad
I’m 7w6 with my 2nd pregnancy.

1st pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage (ended up MC fully at 11 ish weeks)

I’m terrified and imagining every tug or pull in my abdomen is another MC

Any advice for how to mentally get through the next few weeks until my 1st scan?
---

m this was me last year and sadly it was a missed miscarriage. But I was absolutely sure of my dates .
Hey lovely. I’m in basically the exact same boat as you with MMC last summer and 7 weeks 4 days now. I don’t have a huge amount of advice, I got an early scan with my EPU which really helped but I’m also just getting through each day til I can have more scans and reach further milestones than last time. My experience has also been very different this time (last time I had almost no symptoms) which I know doesn’t mean much but it’s still reassuring. We have each other! X

• Heart
Sorry you’re suffering @Jellycat369 Hopefully things start moving soon, in the meantime can you refer comments to your husband for a kind “Thanks for thinking of us, we’ll let you know when there’s something to report. We’re just enjoying our last few days a a 3”?

I’ve reached the magic 24 weeks, officially viable! I know it’s no guarantee and still really early but it feels like a bit of a pregnancy milestone. Feeling better in myself too which is positive. Can’t wait to get to my 28 week growth scan, feels like that will be a big relief.
Congrats! I’m 24 weeks today too!! I was actually discussing with my husband earlier about how big a deal it feels. It’s definitely a huge milestone. At one point, I really convinced myself we wouldn’t make it this far so it’s made me feel really overwhelmed and emotional 🥲

there will always be more worries, as is the case for every pregnancy… but I think celebrating and appreciating these milestones is really important ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I got the BBHug Me, total splurge. It’s massive and wonderful but really not enough room for me, himself and the pillow..

• Heart

He has been, especially as 90% are coming from his family. Just hard not to internalise things when you're already feeling low. Plus I know they aren't being horrible or anything, just feels like added pressure when I'm already on a time crunch!

Congrats on hitting 24 weeks 💞

• Heart
I do honestly feel for anyone who doesn’t have the best in laws. I’m really lucky to in that sense - makes up for the fact my mum is a head who isn’t involved. We actually moved to be closer to his family so they’re kind of all I have day to day. They’re so supportive without being overbearing at all. But it sounds like such a headache to deal with bad ones.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.