Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hamburglar

VIP Member
It's wierd isn't it. Younger me was desperate to splash news like this all over social media. Current me is far more picky about who knows what, and I almost feel protective over this news.
I might just do a big social media cull and then put a low key post up when we know the gender. But in the mean time only immediate family and close friends will be told.
Yeah 5 years ago I’d have been all over it 🤣 I’ve started culling a few people in readiness, but I’ve got loads of former coworkers on there (type of people who I wouldn’t message but would stop for a chat/catch up if I saw them in the corridor) who are always really happy for me with any kind of life updates and a quick post online feels a lot less awkward than blurting it out whenever I bump into someone 🤣🤣

@raspberryjuice I hope you’re feeling more comfortable this morning? I did giggle at you crawling around trying to get him to move 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Woody2832

Not all ‘big babies’ are that. They told me my first born was 9.9, he come one day early by section and was 7.12, which I don’t think is a ‘big’ baby at all🤣
I’ve had a lot of people say this! Did your first measure big all the way through pregnancy? The consultants have acknowledged that measurements aren’t guaranteed but because the measurements have been consistent across several scans done by different sonographers it’s likely baby is big

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Does anterior placenta mean to the back? Mine this time is to the back and started feeling him at 12 weeks +5. Quiet early but I've already had kids and am a small person. My wombs tilted as well so dunno if that plays a part.
Posterior is at the back 😊

littlenoodle

I'm sure there are laws protecting pregnant people from this, aren't they supposed to find you a new role within the company or something?
It seems like a lot of the protection comes when you're on maternity leave or 15 weeks before maternity leave. I'm sure there's still an argument though!

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I just realised I’ve had my 12 week scan and am booked in for my 20 week anomaly scan.. is that the next time I’ll be getting a scan in the hospital? My appointment is in May!! That seems so far away 😭
Yeah pretty much! It’s such a long wait from the 12 week scan to the 20 week 😭 I broke it down with my private gender scan lol. I’ve not had a scan since my 20 week scan! Wish they did more tbh

Elle Woods

VIP Member
24 weeks usually. You don’t have to tell your employer until 15 weeks before your due date
I got mine at my 20 week scan, but the employer doesn’t need to know about your plans for maternity leave until the 15th week before babies due
Thank you! I did know I didn't have to actually tell them yet, but we're only a small team so I told them really early on to give them time to plan for replacements etc.

I'll tell him to just be patient and I'll get the form to him when I can! He can still plan cover without the form!

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Thanks guys! @raspberryjuice @aggytha

I had the same with my first born, at about 30 weeks she came out to visit, and I’m 30 weeks this week so exactly the same time! I remember last time she came and had a chat with me about sleeping, the red book and she had a wander around the house to check if there’s any hazards and where baby is going to sleep. With my first born I didn’t see her much after he was born because of covid

I was talking to another Mum after the school run and she asked what I was up to today and I said I had the health visitor coming, she was like ‘oh yeah I remember that, when they come and spy on your house’ so it must be a different trust thing that they come out at 30 weeks! Lucky me 🥲 wish I was just getting my red book through the post!!

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
When do you normally get the form from your midwife to give to your employer about maternity leave? My employer has asked me for it twice and both times I've said that it's not until later in the pregnancy the midwife gives you it but he's saying I need to contact her and get it ASAP. I have my 20 week scan at the end of the month then an appointment a week or so after that with the midwife and I suggested I'll ask her then but he's adamant he should have it off me by now?
I had the same issue with my boss. You can't get it any earlier than 20 weeks:

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
I have major bloating, how can I hide this?! I’m away with family for the weekend and in work next week, I look about 4 months pregnant already 🤣
don’t know where you are but I don’t think the weather is too great this weekend. Baggy sweatshirt or hoodie. I had leggings on the other day I found these sucked me in a bit so my bump wasn’t noticeable but when I have something loose you can see it.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Has anyone got their going home outfits picked out yet and if so what have you gone for? I mean, he’ll probably end up coming home in whatever babygrow he’s got on already but I still like the idea of a nice cute outfit for him.

ETA: for baby, obviously. I’ll be coming home in a baggy T-shirt and Mr R’s joggers I expect 😂
I’ve got a pink Winnie the pooh babygrow for the going home outfit, her big brother had a white and yellow Winnie the pooh baby grow so I felt it was right to carry the theme on 😆

Leggings and the biggest knickers possible for me 🤪

• Heart

Hamburglar

VIP Member
How does everyone use their next to me cribs? I don't really want to attach it to the bed or have the side down much as my little doggy sleeps in our bed, I guess I'll just have it...next to me? 😂
I haven’t given much thought to it yet as only halfway but I’ll probably do similar due to the dog.. he likes to get in and out of the bed during the night (I count that as broken sleep prep 🤣) specifically on my side and I’m mindful of him headbutting the next to me or trying to command it as his own bed 🤣

I‘d probably have looked at Moses baskets / cribs but we’ve been offered a next to me and obvs they’re quite versatile for different times of day.

Laughalong

VIP Member
Caved and bought a pregnancy pillow. 16w and just finding it uncomfortable to sleep. Hopefully this does it. Took me AGES to find one that wasn’t too expensive / had good reviews. I like a firm pillow in general so wanted to make sure it wasn’t flimsy

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
Are the early gender scans accurate? I really want one but my partner keeps saying no cause he’s worried it will be wrong! I have a few weeks to try and convince him, I’m too impatient to wait until the 20 week scan!
From 16w they’re fine. Before that, no don’t bother

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Question, would you have an early reassurance scan without your partner? My husband is away for two weeks when I hit the point I can have one, and prior to that we are on holiday together. He said he doesn't mind if I go without him but I would rather wait until he can come with me. But by that time I will be 9-10 weeks so may as well wait for the 12 week scan? At the moment I'm kind of relaxed (maybe because it's not hit me yet) so I'm thinking unless I get any strange symptoms to just wait until the 12 week scan?
I had a scan at 6 weeks and at 9 weeks without my partner! He couldn’t get one off work for the 6 weeks and the 9 weeks our son was sick so he had to stay at home with him

Laughalong

VIP Member
When did people start buying things properly? Like bigger ticket items, not little bits. Probs me being a pessimistic having a loss before, but I would hate to spend a fortune I can’t end up returning of something bad happened. Negative mindset I know

Elle Woods

VIP Member
You don’t get it until after your 20 week scan is complete - and it comes from your GP.

Your work HR should know that!!
We don't have a HR department! We're a really small business. It comes from the midwife in my trust, as they mentioned it at my booking apt but didn't say when I'd get it.

aggytha

VIP Member
I’m sure I saw someone post on one of these threads recently that if you book a nursery appointment with John Lewis, you get 10% off whatever you purchase?

Has anyone done this with pushchairs or big ticket items? I’m desperately trying to find a way of getting the Bugaboo Donkey Twin at a (slightly!) discounted price!!