Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those of you who are drinking raspberry leaf tea (or did in previous pregnancies) can you recommend one? And did it make a difference for you? I wasn’t going to bother because I have to have a section because of my placenta, but the consultant I saw last did say if I go in to labour before 38 weeks they’ll try to deliver baby vaginally first because it’s best for him/his lungs (confused about how he’s going to get *through* my placenta that’s partially blocking his exit route but 🤷🏻‍♀️). So now I’m thinking I should try some of these things just incase I do end up going in to labour early and have to try a vaginal delivery. So any recommendations? Also anything other than raspberry leaf tea I should be trying? I’ve completely ignored all of that until this weekend when it’s dawned on me I should probably be prepared just incase 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Those of you who are drinking raspberry leaf tea (or did in previous pregnancies) can you recommend one? And did it make a difference for you? I wasn’t going to bother because I have to have a section because of my placenta, but the consultant I saw last did say if I go in to labour before 38 weeks they’ll try to deliver baby vaginally first because it’s best for him/his lungs (confused about how he’s going to get *through* my placenta that’s partially blocking his exit route but 🤷🏻‍♀️). So now I’m thinking I should try some of these things just incase I do end up going in to labour early and have to try a vaginal delivery. So any recommendations? Also anything other than raspberry leaf tea I should be trying? I’ve completely ignored all of that until this weekend when it’s dawned on me I should probably be prepared just incase 😅
I have no advice I’m sorry but was wondering when the best time to drink raspberry leaf tea is? I’m 30 weeks this week! Also the dates? x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I drink the Hot Tea Mama final push one from Amazon. The tea bag does 2 cups and I keep it cold in the fridge. I have half chilled tea and half chilled ocean spray cranberry/blackcurrant juice - it’s the only way I can tolerate the stuff!

• Heart
I hatttttteee anything peppermint but the hot tea mama raspberry leaf is amazing with pineapple juice! I boiled about half a mug of water with the teabag, add ice then pineapple juice and you can’t even taste it tbh!! Started drinking from 32 weeks.
Not sure of the actual research but work a try!!

• Heart
I have the Hot Tea Mama one but not tried it yet (keep meaning to but forget and have my normal PG Tips in the mornings instead which won’t do much!)

Having dates is supposed to help and also kerb walking - so when you go out for walks have one foot on the pavement and one on the road? You might look like a nutter but if you’re not bothered about that then it’s fine (or wait until it’s dark!)

According to Grey’s Anatomy and the NCT website nipple stimulation is also supposed to help.

Some people say a spicy curry but that might put you in more discomfort because having the shits plus labour contractions doesn’t sound super fun ☺

• Heart
Thank you 😁 I’m 32 weeks this week so will start on the tea and get some dates. I don’t want to bring on labour, I’d rather make it to my csection as that seems safest for us both, so might avoid the curry and nipple stimulation unless I get desperate to get him out, but I’ll definitely try the things that are supposed to help your cervix just incase we don’t make it to the section date!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone started nesting or have I just lost the plot?! 😅

Baring in mind I’ve had little to no energy this entire pregnancy and my exhaustion/sickness has been absolutely through the roof, I woke up this morning and had the most overwhelming desire to get tit done 😂

I’ve absolutely over done it and I know my body is really not happy with me now, my back is in agony and the round ligament pain has started. I’m also pretty certain one of the babies is laying transverse which is causing me great discomfort 😫

Time for a well deserved bath, I think!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a nesting day probably once a week and then spend the rest of the week regretting it as every muscle and joint aches 🤣

Could you try rocking (gently) on all 4s to try and get the transverse twin to wriggle to a different position? Baby R was lying that way recently right down by my hips and it was agony. But rocking with my bum higher than my shoulders got him to shift in to head down position.

Enjoy your bath🥰

Can anyone else not sit down without nesting or doing jobs??? I’m 33 weeks now, don’t get me wrong I do relax now and again but the urge to do jobs, washing, tidy drawers is hard to fight 🤣, I’m not a sit on the couch kind of girl but I’m sure I will be the last few weeks !! Still going to the gym or at least a walk everyday, so lucky to still have some energy!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@eppingforestbambi Congratulations! Awesome photo ❤
---
Guys... my little man decided to make a dramatic entrance at 2:22 this morning ❤ Thank you so much for all your kind words and support, I really can't express how much it means to me 💞
Amazing well done babe!! And I’m sure 222 has some amazing numerology behind it.

sending you both loads of love

• Heart
Can anyone else not sit down without nesting or doing jobs??? I’m 33 weeks now, don’t get me wrong I do relax now and again but the urge to do jobs, washing, tidy drawers is hard to fight 🤣, I’m not a sit on the couch kind of girl but I’m sure I will be the last few weeks !! Still going to the gym or at least a walk everyday, so lucky to still have some energy!!
I’m so jealous of your energy! I can’t even walk to the car without feeling out of breath. Going to need to carry an oxygen tank with me if it gets much worse 🤣

I'm not due for another 24 weeks but I've had a big urge the weekend to sort the house out. Might just be cause my UTI left me bed bound and nobody else would dare lift a finger to help keep it tidy 😂😂.

• Heart
I’ve also been on a cleaning spree this weekend. Yesterday I took my car to be cleaned inside and out too because I got in it last week and immediately annoyed myself with all the dirt! Now to try and keep it like that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My pregnancy pillow has that like fleecey teddy pillow case and it’s making me feel so overly warm 😭😭 nothing ever works!!

• Sad
Hi all. I'm tentatively joining this thread. Got a positive test at the weekend and think I'm just over 4 weeks along. I'm going on a big holiday to the other side of the world for two weeks at the end of week. I'll be flying for 24 hours but when I'm there it'll be relaxing and I'm with family, a lot of which are doctors. Did anyone travel that far so early on? NHS says it's ok. I think it'll be good for me (apart from the flight part) because my work is stressful and I can relax there in good weather. Plus it'll make time go faster until I can get some scans.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I didn't do anything for cervical ripening, that was something my body actually managed to do on its own. I did lots of walking, which I think the pressure on the cervix helped with ripening, and crab walking on stairs. Found the crab walking much easier than kerb walking, although both hurt my hips like mofos

• Heart
Hi all. I'm tentatively joining this thread. Got a positive test at the weekend and think I'm just over 4 weeks along. I'm going on a big holiday to the other side of the world for two weeks at the end of week. I'll be flying for 24 hours but when I'm there it'll be relaxing and I'm with family, a lot of which are doctors. Did anyone travel that far so early on? NHS says it's ok. I think it'll be good for me (apart from the flight part) because my work is stressful and I can relax there in good weather. Plus it'll make time go faster until I can get some scans.
Congratulations!!
Not that far but I did 6ish hours, take bland snacks and plenty of hydration for the flight (in case of nausea). Only problem was being knackered as the tiredness kicked in but actually, since it was a restful holiday it allowed me to lean into it more than being at home. Just don't try to do too much and let your body guide you, jet lag and all. The vit D will do you good but don't forget your skin can be more sensitive to sun and it can deplete your folic acid so be vigilant with SPF and your FA tablets.
And don't forget some cramping and spotting can be normal, stress is the biggest enemy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lurking here hoping to join you all 🤞but have experience of this so thought I’d de-lurk to answer your question

With my eldest I flew long distance (also 24hr) at 6 weeks and all was fine. Might be worth letting your travel insurance know that you are pregnant and make sure any pregnancy related things are covered. Plus, get some flight socks and drink lots of water. Other than that have a brilliant time!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know these things may actually do nothing but I like to feel like I am doing something

When is best to start raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, Brazil nuts etc?

I'm currently 28 weeks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.