Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had to reintroduce diet coke back into my diet despite being off caffeine since we started TTC. It's the only thing that works for my severe headaches and nausea 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've had to reintroduce diet coke back into my diet despite being off caffeine since we started TTC. It's the only thing that works for my severe headaches and nausea 🙃
Have you tried the caffeine free one?
Tastes exactly the same to me!
I couldn't give up my diet coke.

Reactions: 1
Still no baby ☹ Had a side of mum guilt this morning too as my toddler turned round and said oh, baby not here, I'm so sad 😭 Me too pal, me too 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How does everyone use their next to me cribs? I don't really want to attach it to the bed or have the side down much as my little doggy sleeps in our bed, I guess I'll just have it...next to me? 😂

Looking to see if anyone has had similar.. we’ve been TTC for the last 9 months, 3rd baby. I usually have a 30-31 day cycle, on cycle day 28 I took a pregnancy test and it was a faint positive, I’ve taken one every morning since and the line doesn’t seem to be getting any darker, if anything it’s getting fainter. Have taken a clear blue dig that was negative and just a bog standard test from co op that was also negative but these are the strips, my friend and my husband (🤣) have all tried the strip tests to see if it’s a funny batch and they both got negative. Today is day 31, feel like I’ve got mild period cramps every now and then which I know can be normal, but also worried I might be coming on, despite the positive tests, worrying whether it might be a chemical pregnancy. I just don’t have a good feeling and I’m hoping maybe someone has something positive to say 🤣 my last period was on 13th March, got my peak on 29th feb x

edited to add my co op test actually is positive, but also very faint

Attachments

Last edited:
How does everyone use their next to me cribs? I don't really want to attach it to the bed or have the side down much as my little doggy sleeps in our bed, I guess I'll just have it...next to me? 😂
That is exactly how we used it with our eldest, obvs adjusted it to the right height for our bed so it wasn’t difficult getting them in and out in the middle of the night.

Will likely use again in same way with this baby.
---
Anyone had sinusitis in pregnancy? My face is in agony and doctor palmed me off to pharmacist who advised “steam inhalation” as all I could do (except for paracetamol)

• Heart
We adjusted it to be the right height for our bed but never attached it. I was unable to breastfeed and had anxiety onset deafness so didn't wake up to feed baby. My OH did all the night feeds as a result. Made more sense for it to be away from the bed but still next to it for that reason.

• Heart
I haven’t given much thought to it yet as only halfway but I’ll probably do similar due to the dog.. he likes to get in and out of the bed during the night (I count that as broken sleep prep 🤣) specifically on my side and I’m mindful of him headbutting the next to me or trying to command it as his own bed 🤣

I‘d probably have looked at Moses baskets / cribs but we’ve been offered a next to me and obvs they’re quite versatile for different times of day.

Looking to see if anyone has had similar.. we’ve been TTC for the last 9 months, 3rd baby. I usually have a 30-31 day cycle, on cycle day 28 I took a pregnancy test and it was a faint positive, I’ve taken one every morning since and the line doesn’t seem to be getting any darker, if anything it’s getting fainter. Have taken a clear blue dig that was negative and just a bog standard test from co op that was also negative but these are the strips, my friend and my husband (🤣) have all tried the strip tests to see if it’s a funny batch and they both got negative. Today is day 31, feel like I’ve got mild period cramps every now and then which I know can be normal, but also worried I might be coming on, despite the positive tests, worrying whether it might be a chemical pregnancy. I just don’t have a good feeling and I’m hoping maybe someone has something positive to say 🤣 my last period was on 13th March, got my peak on 29th feb x

edited to add my co op test actually is positive, but also very faint
Sorry to say this is almost exactly what happened to me in December, very faint lines like this and then my period arrived three days late so I counted it as a chemical pregnancy. You are still only 14-15 DPO though right? Could still be something.

started the beginning of feb xx

Anyone here who was a smoker and had to stop? Xx
Yes, I'd already drastically reduced but when I got the positive, I just stopped. I tried vaping for week or two but the nausea from morning sickness put a stop to that.
This time I was on and off vaping 0.5% dropped to 0.3% and then 0%, it supressed the sickness this time but was a habitual addiction more than a physical one to the nicotine. The midwives had no issues with vaping and there is no evidence (probably because there isn't enough data) to say there are any negative effects on baby but it's obviously better too stop all together. Some of the scare mongering online is about unregulated random vape liquids.
You will be eligible for the stop smoking pathway, your midwife can refer you.

We were the same but I attached it, never had the side up, ever. Dog slept between us and didn't bother the baby once, just kept the bed sheets regularly changed and dog well groomed (she was a smallish, older dog). Obviously I never left them unsupervised but never had a problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We literally have it like that… next to the bed lol. I do have the side down if he needs my hand n his tummy to soothe him before sleep.

I also have a Moses basket which was invaluable the first few days as he was too small for the next to me and wouldn’t settle in it. We now have it downstairs and he still sometimes sleeps in it during the day or if he won’t settle at night so at least one of us can get some sleep.

I got the Chicco Next to Me and kind of regret it as I don’t like how you out the side down (with a button) as it’s quite clunky and it also doesn’t have any underneath storage.

We literally have it like that… next to the bed lol. I do have the side down if he needs my hand n his tummy to soothe him before sleep.

I also have a Moses basket which was invaluable the first few days as he was too small for the next to me and wouldn’t settle in it. We now have it downstairs and he still sometimes sleeps in it during the day or if he won’t settle at night so at least one of us can get some sleep.

I got the Chicco Next to Me and kind of regret it as I don’t like how you out the side down (with a button) as it’s quite clunky and it also doesn’t have any underneath storage.
Thank you, heard a few people say this about next to me's, I guess they are quite big for a tiny baby! I got a free Ickle Bubba one with my travel system so if baby girl doesn't like it it won't be the end of the world. Just need to have a fiddle with it and learn how to put the side down, at least i won't have to get out of bed!

It's got a huge storage tray which had been fab already as I've stocked it full of wipes as I bought them in bulk!!

Have you tried the caffeine free one?
Tastes exactly the same to me!
I couldn't give up my diet coke.
I’ve been saying this. I don’t think there’s a difference, I’ll probably keep with it even after pregnancy as don’t see the need to go back to normal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.