Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Picking up the last few bits for my hospital bag today. Any specific must haves for c section? Never had one before 🥶

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Picking up the last few bits for my hospital bag today. Any specific must haves for c section? Never had one before 🥶
Not for hospital but sure make you’re stocked up with ibuprofen and paracetamol for when you get home, as you can only buy one pack at a time pick some up every time you go to a shop, for a bit. I think you get through 6 or 8 of each a day for the first 5days/week depending on your pain level.

Good luck @Jellycat369 & @eppingforestbambi x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not hospital bag specific but stool softeners! They should give you some in hospital (potentially to take home too) but worth having some in the cupboard if you don’t already.

Peppermint tea is also essential for trapped wind! (I’ve heard chewing gum works too?!)

Massive high waisted pants and large loose pyjamas. (A nightie is also helpful as you’ll have a catheter for a while after coming out of surgery!)

Super long phone charging cable.

Water bottle with flip straw.

The pregnancy insomnia is so real. I was awake so many times during the night last night. And rolling over in bed is beginning to feel like an extreme sport 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Baby is measuring 8lbs6oz at 37 weeks 😭 my feet are so swollen and fat. Hope baby makes his appearance sooner rather than later.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The pregnancy insomnia is so real. I was awake so many times during the night last night. And rolling over in bed is beginning to feel like an extreme sport 😵💫
I'm 33 weeks and my bump isn't hugggee (yet!) but it is really difficult and knocks me out of breath hahah

Reactions: 1
I had sinusitis around 34 weeks. I suffered for a week and then went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics. Maybe give your GP another call
Thank you, it’s been an awful couple of days but seems to be clearing now. Way less pressure in my face!
---
Good luck to all the mamas… you got this!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Quite jealous of those of you issuing eviction notices today. Bump feels like it’s doubled in size overnight and I couldn’t even put my own socks on this morning 😭 counting down the weeks now even tho my to do list is massive 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just bought a moses basket for the livingroom. That’s the last of the big-ish purchases just the little bits to get now 🥺

• Heart
Good luck today guys!

On a slightly different note UTIs in pregnancy are no fun 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Hope everything’s going well for both of you @Jellycat369 and @eppingforestbambi ❤

Got my date for my C section through this afternoon in case Baby Parsley doesn’t spontaneously make his appearance and omg feeling so real now! My maternity leave also started this afternoon so relaxing (on my ball to try and spin him as my midwife thinks he’s slightly back to back) and watching Eras Tour on Disney which is excellent (making up for the fact that I had to sell my ticket because of him coming into the world)! He was kicking a bit to the Fearless section and then Champagne Problems so clearly a going to be boy of taste ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am full of a cold 😫 I am always such a wimp when I've got a cold but having a cold when you're pregnant and can't take anything for it is even worse. 😂 Plus at nearly 20 weeks I am STILL throwing up daily. I hate moaning because I really am so grateful to be pregnant but boy, give a girl a break 😂 It will be all forgotten and worth it when he's here

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am full of a cold 😫 I am always such a wimp when I've got a cold but having a cold when you're pregnant and can't take anything for it is even worse. 😂 Plus at nearly 20 weeks I am STILL throwing up daily. I hate moaning because I really am so grateful to be pregnant but boy, give a girl a break 😂 It will be all forgotten and worth it when he's here
Literally same as me! Got a cold too and on top of pregnancy it makes me miserable. Especially when other people take sick days for a cold and I’m still battling through!

im also sick every day but it’s sort of routine now. I can’t wait until they’re here and I can forget about it and it will be worth it!

• Heart
Solidarity. On my second cold in a month and now also have conjunctivitis which I've never had before. The immunosuppression in pregnancy is no joke, feel like I'm picking up everything!

• Heart
Doesn't look like I'll be meeting baby any time soon ☹ Had my CTG this morning prior to my exam for my induction and it showed a blip in his heart rate. Was on continuous monitoring for nearly 3 hours afterwards and unfortunately the irregularities were showing then too. Am having to stay in hospital for monitoring, so had to wait on a bed as opposed to having my outpatient induction. Have my own room now, just waiting on the door to come so I can have a Cooks balloon fitted and then they'll start monitoring. I'm so upset. This is worse than the worst case scenario I'd imagined. I feel so terribly guilty for leaving my little one and so utterly ashamed that my body isn't doing what it's supposed to 😭😔

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Doesn't look like I'll be meeting baby any time soon ☹ Had my CTG this morning prior to my exam for my induction and it showed a blip in his heart rate. Was on continuous monitoring for nearly 3 hours afterwards and unfortunately the irregularities were showing then too. Am having to stay in hospital for monitoring, so had to wait on a bed as opposed to having my outpatient induction. Have my own room now, just waiting on the door to come so I can have a Cooks balloon fitted and then they'll start monitoring. I'm so upset. This is worse than the worst case scenario I'd imagined. I feel so terribly guilty for leaving my little one and so utterly ashamed that my body isn't doing what it's supposed to 😭😔
Your body has created, protected, fed and housed your baby it has done exactly what it's supposed to. Labour isn't straightforward for a lot of people that's just the end of this part of the journey. Please don't beat yourself up.

Try and relax and rest so that you have the energy for the next part.

Good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.