Pregnancy #54

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I’m hearing at the moment is people having extra growth scans. I’ve not had any NHS scans since 20 weeks, and I’m now 35 weeks. Is that the norm?
Sounds like a positive thing for you❤ growth scans are for when there may be some concerns/risks. I found them a bit annoying and stressful even though people tried to tell me ‘at least you get to see the baby again!’🫠

Reactions: 5
All I’m hearing at the moment is people having extra growth scans. I’ve not had any NHS scans since 20 weeks, and I’m now 35 weeks. Is that the norm?
I had them first time as I'd been a smoker. This time because of my age and a c-section.
It's a good thing if you don't need them.

It is frustrating not to be seen more but there's really nothing they can do. The onus is on Mum to call if there's a problem and they are really great if there is, but otherwise they just trust baby is growing well because 99/100 it is. If you think about it, some ladies are on their 3rd or 4th baby and don't need the guidance so it allows resources to be allocated where they're needed.

Reactions: 2
I had additional scans because I'm an old fart and I have Crohn's which can impact the growth of the baby. As others have said, if you haven't had them it's because you're healthy and they have no concerns about your wee one 😊

I had them first time as I'd been a smoker. This time because of my age and a c-section.
It's a good thing if you don't need them.

It is frustrating not to be seen more but there's really nothing they can do. The onus is on Mum to call if there's a problem and they are really great if there is, but otherwise they just trust baby is growing well because 99/100 it is. If you think about it, some ladies are on their 3rd or 4th baby and don't need the guidance so it allows resources to be allocated where they're needed.
Oh no, not complaining! I’m slowly learning that the services in my area are not great and a bit patchy, and it seems everyone I talk to is having them but me, so just wanted to be sure!

I've got an appointment for July booked already! Have to have some extra growth scans for previous small babies and my current youngest stopped growing completely at 35 weeks. I was in for water scans every other day for him in the last 2 months of my pregnancy.

• Heart
I had growth scans during my first pregnancy because one week baby was weighing small and the next time was weighing too big. Both times ended up being ok. Was the student midwives both times that ended me up in getting sent in 🙈

I had a student midwife all the way through last time and she was only 20/21, I was 24 at the time and she was so lovely and I preferred her to my actual midwife. She ended up delivering my first! Shame she’s moved hospitals

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Guys it's 3 weeks until we find out what we are having. The nub theory people have convinced me he's a girl but he's still a he to me lol. Been feeling him abit more regular. On scans he's proper active. It's mad feeling him this early but reassuring as well.

• Heart
Oh no, not complaining! I’m slowly learning that the services in my area are not great and a bit patchy, and it seems everyone I talk to is having them but me, so just wanted to be sure!
Oh I didn't mean the second part to you specifically, just generally as it's often raised how difficult it is when you're feeling anxious and only get two scans and a few verbal appts and it's job done. Hell, in covid some midwife appts weren't even face to face, talk about being left to your own devices! And I totally get not having faith that they are always doing what they need to do. The hospital didn't even have me registered properly with my first, someone else's details mixed with mine or something.
It is really hard when this is probably the most important and life changing thing to ever happen and no-one really seems that interested but, when you do have constant interventions it's also stress inducing so it's a bit of a no win 🙈 I'm trying so hard to find my zen and trust the process, I'm trying to convince myself more than anyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How soon can you book an induction? Given I'm a very fast birther and I had PPH with my current youngest they did say any hint of labour they'll have me straight in no messing about with timing contractions etc. But I think an induction is best as my last birth was 9 minutes and the longest was with my eldest and that was under 4 hours with an epidural.

How soon can you book an induction? Given I'm a very fast birther and I had PPH with my current youngest they did say any hint of labour they'll have me straight in no messing about with timing contractions etc. But I think an induction is best as my last birth was 9 minutes and the longest was with my eldest and that was under 4 hours with an epidural.
Can you request to be induced?

So. I think I’ve made a mistake… if anyone needs a reminder the one who really wants a girl is me.

I had my NHS 12 weeks scan on Monday, and it turns out I’m 13 weeks. On the pictures it really does look like a girl, the nub is very flat, not angled up at all and I do think it’s a girl from that.

I went for a 13 week early gender scan last night, and she said it’s “100% a boy”. How can you say 100%? At 13 weeks! Even the NHS can never say that much further on. She said it’s “her business, she’s been doing it for ages and she’s 100% sure, otherwise she wouldn’t let me leave”. Naturally, I was teary. Shock tears. It’s the first time I’d actually considered the possibility it was a boy. Getting home however, I’ve read 10+ reviews of her being wrong, giving the wrong gender. So not sure why she keeps saying 100% lol. I will say, the nub on the printed picture from this scan is way more angled! It’s like two different babies seriously.

My head was up my arse, getting all upset. My poor partner trying to make me feel better, but not knowing how. So I’ve woke up today realising I need to basically disregard her opinion, 13 weeks IS too early to be taking the answer as fact, and this woman is less than reliable. I just shouldn’t have gone really! It has also made me realise though I do need to get my head around the fact you don’t always get what you “want” and a boy is a blessing too. So just gonna shut up, relax, and focus on baby. Whatever will be, will be. I spoke to my dad (he’s a tough love approach) and he firstly asked me what I’m doing messing around with gender scans so early, and then told me to grow up, which I will do. With immediate effect 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So. I think I’ve made a mistake… if anyone needs a reminder the one who really wants a girl is me.

I had my NHS 12 weeks scan on Monday, and it turns out I’m 13 weeks. On the pictures it really does look like a girl, the nub is very flat, not angled up at all and I do think it’s a girl from that.

I went for a 13 week early gender scan last night, and she said it’s “100% a boy”. How can you say 100%? At 13 weeks! Even the NHS can never say that much further on. She said it’s “her business, she’s been doing it for ages and she’s 100% sure, otherwise she wouldn’t let me leave”. Naturally, I was teary. Shock tears. It’s the first time I’d actually considered the possibility it was a boy. Getting home however, I’ve read 10+ reviews of her being wrong, giving the wrong gender. So not sure why she keeps saying 100% lol. I will say, the nub on the printed picture from this scan is way more angled! It’s like two different babies seriously.

My head was up my arse, getting all upset. My poor partner trying to make me feel better, but not knowing how. So I’ve woke up today realising I need to basically disregard her opinion, 13 weeks IS too early to be taking the answer as fact, and this woman is less than reliable. I just shouldn’t have gone really! It has also made me realise though I do need to get my head around the fact you don’t always get what you “want” and a boy is a blessing too. So just gonna shut up, relax, and focus on baby. Whatever will be, will be. I spoke to my dad (he’s a tough love approach) and he firstly asked me what I’m doing messing around with gender scans so early, and then told me to grow up, which I will do. With immediate effect 🤣
You’re totally entitled to feel how you feel but it’s good that you’ve learnt something from this and hopefully will be less shell shocked when you do have a more accurate gender and IF it turns out you are having a boy. ❤

But with that being said, 13 weeks is definitely too early. I never found out the gender for our first baby and loved it- this time around we found out at our 20 week scans purely due to having twins and not wanting to risk finding out accidentally at a further growth scan.

I personally wouldn’t entertain a gender scan until at least 16 weeks. I don’t know anyone who has had one before then because it really is too early to tell. I don’t think their genitals are fully formed until around 18 weeks, but 16 weeks is developed enough to be able to tell.

I can’t even find a sexing scan in my area any earlier than 16 weeks! I don’t understand how they’re allowed to do it earlier. She’s chatting tit saying she’s 100% sure 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If she’s 100% sure does she offer a refund if you then go on to have the opposite sex baby…?

• Haha
You’re totally entitled to feel how you feel but it’s good that you’ve learnt something from this and hopefully will be less shell shocked when you do have a more accurate gender and IF it turns out you are having a boy. ❤

But with that being said, 13 weeks is definitely too early. I never found out the gender for our first baby and loved it- this time around we found out at our 20 week scans purely due to having twins and not wanting to risk finding out accidentally at a further growth scan.

I personally wouldn’t entertain a gender scan until at least 16 weeks. I don’t know anyone who has had one before then because it really is too early to tell. I don’t think their genitals are fully formed until around 18 weeks, but 16 weeks is developed enough to be able to tell.

I can’t even find a sexing scan in my area any earlier than 16 weeks! I don’t understand how they’re allowed to do it earlier. She’s chatting tit saying she’s 100% sure 🤣
The only positive I’ve ended up taking from that scan was how incredible baby was being, on the screen you could really see baby wriggling away, kicking it’s legs and waving their arms around. I’m gonna tell myself THAT is what I’ve paid for 🤣

No you’re right. It’s definitely got me thinking there is a good chance I could be a boy mum! So if that is the case, I’ll be ready and way less shocked.

@raspberryjuice She’s very clever. On her website she’s 99.99%, gets you to sign the disclaimers and then SAYS 100% verbally to you. She said it 3+ times she’s 100% positive. On the bad reviews saying it’s ended up being wrong, she’s either extremely defensive or offers another scan for free. I don’t want to go back ever 😂

• Heart
A gender scan at 13 weeks is way too early to be talking 100%!
I wouldn’t take any definite answers on gender until the genitalia is formed.
However if you’re looking at nub theory and it’s a boy, the nub should look obviously boyish by 13 weeks (as in it will have risen). Bear in mind it’s a theory though.
Anyone saying they can confidently tell you the gender at 13 weeks without a blood test is talking out of their pooper.

Reactions: 4
She sounds horrible. At least you got to see baby wriggling away. It always blew my mind on earlier scans to see them kicking and moving when I couldn’t feel a thing.

Are you going to book a scan somewhere else for 16 weeks?

She sounds horrible. At least you got to see baby wriggling away. It always blew my mind on earlier scans to see them kicking and moving when I couldn’t feel a thing.

Are you going to book a scan somewhere else for 16 weeks?
The golden question 🤣 knowing my annoying, obsessive personality - yes I will. But to be honest I’m not going to take THAT as fact either, just another potential answer to add to the list until the 20 week NHS one. I liked the place that did my early reassurance one, and they get great feedback

Note to self - research places more! I’d never have gone here if I had looked at reviews. I normally read everything possible as well, I was just being too impulsive yesterday

• Heart
Agreed 13w does seem so early but I’m sure I’ve read about being told at their dating scan ? I had a gender scan at 16w which did match the nub theory (but it’s 50% chance so probably just a coincidence) but I’m hoping they can double check at my anomaly scan as I feel like I’m that person where they will say one gender and it will end up being the other !

The golden question 🤣 knowing my annoying, obsessive personality - yes I will. But to be honest I’m not going to take THAT as fact either, just another potential answer to add to the list until the 20 week NHS one. I liked the place that did my early reassurance one, and they get great feedback

Note to self - research places more! I’d never have gone here if I had looked at reviews. I normally read everything possible as well, I was just being too impulsive yesterday
What about a blood test?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.