Pregnancy #54

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What about a blood test?
In hindsight I wish I’d just done the sneekpeak for sure, I thought I’d save the money but I’ll have ended up spending the same amount having to faff around with two gender scans.

Let me speak to OH 🤣 poor guy can’t catch a break. He has no preference on gender at all. He’s just dealing with me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My 16week gender scan matched my sneakpeek blood test but doesn’t match the nub theory. I’ve asked them to double check at every scan I’ve had since though so now have a collection of scan pics with a close up of his bits labeled “BOY!!!! >>>>>” 🤣 even at a 4D scan where she actually checked the gender in 4D she just put on the report in her opinion baby is a boy, still wouldn’t give 100% guarantee it was, even though it was very obvious.

I don’t think sneakpeek is even that reliable because if you test too early it can give a false girl result (you’re obviously past that) and if there’s any sort of contamination such as male dna from under your nail as the blood runs down which is really hard to avoid then you can get a false boy. I think the NIPT test is the only accurate test as it’s done in a sterile environment straight from your vein whereas sneakpeek is at home from your finger.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know the gender feels SO important before you’ve actually met the baby… and I do totally understand the desire for a particular sex.

But you will honestly adore and obsess over whatever you have. Gender is really meaningless when it comes to the love you feel once you have that little bundle in your arms.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t get why somewhere would even offer a gender scan that early but then to say 100%? Surely they’re just doing it based on the nub theory at that stage too and that’s all it is… a theory. The only way to tell that early is a blood test

Reactions: 6
I don’t get why somewhere would even offer a gender scan that early but then to say 100%? Surely they’re just doing it based on the nub theory at that stage too and that’s all it is… a theory. The only way to tell that early is a blood test
I am pretty stupid because that’s what I said to my boyfriend. That surely at this point all they’re doing is what we are doing! Because had she been in that scan with me on Monday… she’d probably of told me girl.

Thank you ladies. I was quite embarrassed and unsure of if I was going to talk about this whole situation, probably because I feel silly for a) going b) how I feel. But yet again it’s the most supportive thread 🥰 I feel a hundred times better. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Never feel silly! You're excited to find out what your little bundle is and went for a scan that’s offered. Never feel silly about that. If anything it may have helped you because now you’re prepared if you do find out baby is a boy at your next scan. And like you said earlier, if nothing else you got another peak at your little baby wriggling around and showing you they’re doing great in there 🥰

Reactions: 5
my midwife said baby doesn’t need vitamin D drops (planning on breastfeeding) but this goes against everything I’ve read!! Can someone help!!

my midwife said baby doesn’t need vitamin D drops (planning on breastfeeding) but this goes against everything I’ve read!! Can someone help!!
I was told this was important in winter but not so much for spring/summer babies? Curious to know the answer.

Next thread here as we’re past 1000 posts:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.