Pregnancy #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG! Exactly this! My little terror has also taken it upon himself to decide that he now no longer likes to sleep and my poor husband is having to sit in his room every night to help him sleep. I'd do it but I'm too big to be able to easily, and quietly, get off the floor!
Omg I feel like I wrote this post! My little boy slept through since 9 months and now he wakes 5,6,7 times per night 🤣 exhausted!!

20 week scan tomorrow and the scanxiety is kicking in massively again. Ugh.
I felt the same in the build up and during the 20 week scan. I asked the sonographer to confirm if everything was present and correct as they checked it - it made the experience more bearable. Hope all goes okay 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
38+1 today. Throwing up in the mornings is coming back. I think my body is getting ready for delivering this baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi all, when did everyone start buying stuff? Prams, car seat, next to me, bottles, etc? I’m 15 weeks and haven’t even considered it but met someone due the same time as me and they have loads bought so it made me wonder.

Hi all, when did everyone start buying stuff? Prams, car seat, next to me, bottles, etc? I’m 15 weeks and haven’t even considered it but met someone due the same time as me and they have loads bought so it made me wonder.
After 20 weeks, but depends on your money situation and if you have a place to store it. I just didn't want to clutter the room

With my first we had everything bought by 25 weeks.
Now I’m having my second I’m 30 weeks and only just started

I wouldn’t worry because at the end of the day you’ll get the stuff and that’s all that matters x

With my first I didn’t buy anything until after 20 weeks. We went to a baby store to look at travel systems etc straight after of our scan! I don’t think we actually started buying or ordering big things until closer to 25 weeks but I really don’t think there’s a right or wrong. (Plus the pandemic hit which didn’t help 😂)

As we are having twins this time I think I’ll try and be a little more organised in terms of researching what we want then buy very soon after our 20 week scan.

I’m 30 weeks and have got a few things but still need to get a pram/car seat/travel system and crib amongst other smaller bits. So big ticket items lol but basically the things I’d like to buy new. Someone is gifting us a second hand cot but I know we won’t need that for a while anyway. My logic was to wait until after Christmas in case of sales but haven’t seen much online. Going to go and have a look at them in person as discount pram centre with my Mum next weekend and get purchases sorted then.

I did pick up bouncer I wanted basically new off a good seller on eBay for a steal during a bout of pregnancy insomnia earlier this week which I’m buzzing about haha.

I bought most things second hand so just bought them as I saw them! I think I bought the pram off my friend when I was about 13 weeks😆 we kept it at the in laws then because mr fudge is super superstitious 🙄

Reactions: 3
Almost everything was secondhand for me, too. I think I started seriously buying around 16 weeks but also spent a lot of time researching what we really needed. So far, I’ve only not used our snuzpod but I reckon they’ll get more use in the new year.

Reactions: 1
I bought most of the big ticket items in the Black Friday sales when I was about 22 weeks. Clothes I have been buying every now and again when I see something I like in the shops or on Vinted. Just got some smaller things to buy now.

Please tell me this exhaustion doesn’t last the whole pregnancy 😅😂 I’ve never been so lazy in my life! Struggling to motivate myself to even do the simple tasks round the house. Every time I sit on the sofa I keep drifting off and I can’t remember the last time I was awake past 8pm either 😂

my mum and partner keep telling me to take advantage of the relaxing time but all I can think about is all the jobs I haven’t got done 😂
Oh gosh, I remember in my first trimester I went to work and that was it. Felt like it would never end but enjoy not doing anything and make the most of being able to nap when you like!

I really took my hats off to other people who already have a baby and are pregnant!

We didn’t start buying anything until after 20 weeks. Mainly so we knew all was ok. I’m now 36 weeks (tomorrow) and we have all the main stuff and more besides.
This morning we’ve actually had the Nuna Leaf seat and a Little Dutch activity play mat delivered. So we’re definitely on the non-essentials now.

We bought a few outfits between the 12 week scan and 20 week mark but that was it. Mr Raspberry’s mum bought the pram in the black Friday sales. We’ve only just started buying bigger stuff this week now I’m 20 weeks

We got all ours the weekend after our 20 week scan! We got the travel system, car seat, bath, changing unit, cot, changing unit and baby monitor. We were originally going to do one big purchase a month to spread it out but Black Friday sales on top of 30 days to use the discount code from the John Lewis baby appointment changed that plan! Also it’s just nice to know now we have the big stuff done.

Had my midwife appointment this morning and got my MATB1 form and heard baby boy’s heartbeat. My mum came with me and she started crying when we heard his heartbeat (first grandchild)! 🥹 Having the MATB1 form is making it a lot more real! It’s going so quickly!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This time I've bought some clothes at 13 weeks, which I said I wouldn't do as first baby was quite small so didn't follow the seasons as planned but it's all basics, nothing too warm/cool weather based.

First baby all big ticket items (except Snuza) were borrowed or second hand and it's the best decision we made, saved £1000s. I got the exact pram I wanted in perfect condition for £100 instead of £1000 new, barely used it in carry cot stage due to covid and absolutely hated it beyond that for being so cumbersome. (Since have got brand new car seats and a stroller as they get messier as they get bigger so the second hand options weren't great condition.)

We never really used the monitor or big cot we bought after the next2me stage as we ended up co sleeping, sleep bags baby wasn't keen on, they didn't like to be swaddled or white noise either. Angel care bath seat was pretty shite so we mostly used an old fashioned baby bath or just took them in with us. I BF so just had a cold water steriliser and didn't have much luck pumping so glad I didn't over spend there. We were gifted baby toiletries we couldn't use as baby had sensitive skin so I wouldn't over buy there or go for Aveeno or similar. Baby grows that go over the head rather than button I hated so some of them were wasted and this time I'll go for all zip ones if possible and preferably built in scratch mitts. Same with wrap over vests that look cute but are awkward to put on, I won't bother with them.

Best advice I can give is to buy small amounts or anything so you get to know what you like. Add everything like bottles, nipple cream, pumps, monitor to your amazon baby wish list and buy it when baby is here/ almost here and you know you need it. It'll come next day and you don't risk being out of warranty if you open it and it's not working. There was tons of stuff I thought I needed that was never purchased in the end and plenty of bits I didn't know I'd need that Amazon rescued me with.

Hey guys, first post here! I’m 21 weeks with my 3rd, had a loss in June so am really so grateful to be pregnant. I’m really struggling however with tiredness and nausea still, I’m absolutely exhausted 24/7 my husband is home for Christmas and I’ve been napping for 2/3 hours daily and sleeping 10 hours every night and even with all this sleep I feel exhausted!! I’m sick at least 2-3 times a week but sometimes everyday at least once! Looking for moral support haha! I hate moaning as I know I’m so lucky to be pregnant but if I’m brutally honest I’m not enjoying it like I’d hoped! Feel like I’ve even such a tit mum with little to no energy to play with my kids! Sorry for the rant haha just needed to get it off my chest!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey guys, first post here! I’m 21 weeks with my 3rd, had a loss in June so am really so grateful to be pregnant. I’m really struggling however with tiredness and nausea still, I’m absolutely exhausted 24/7 my husband is home for Christmas and I’ve been napping for 2/3 hours daily and sleeping 10 hours every night and even with all this sleep I feel exhausted!! I’m sick at least 2-3 times a week but sometimes everyday at least once! Looking for moral support haha! I hate moaning as I know I’m so lucky to be pregnant but if I’m brutally honest I’m not enjoying it like I’d hoped! Feel like I’ve even such a tit mum with little to no energy to play with my kids! Sorry for the rant haha just needed to get it off my chest!
I think there is a lot of guilt around us to enjoy our pregnancies as unfortunately for some they can't or have losses. So we're told to savour every moment. Unfortunately, some parts are well just tit to paint it as it is and I wouldn't feel guilty nor made feel bad about not enjoying pregnancy. I think a lot of pressure is put on people to have the perfect pregnancy and enjoy every minute and to have this rush of love when baby arrives when the reality is not all parts of pregnancy is fun nor is it like the movies. Everyone's experience is different and we shouldn't compare eachother or should we feel bad because we don't fit in the norm..
You keep doing what your doing and don't feel bad for it 😭😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone asked to work from home due to fatigue / morning sickness ? I am hybrid so I do a couple of days in the office but I think the working days plus the sickness will be too much. The nhs website says I can ask to work from home when sickness is bad but not sure if they have to grant it ? I was hoping to not tell work for a few more weeks due to restructure but think I’m going to have to ask when I go back next week.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.