Pregnancy #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone!

I've just discovered this thread and can tell I'm going to end up spending a lot of time here 😅 I'm currently pregnant with my second baby (10 weeks) and my first born turns 2 next Thursday! I don't have a due date just yet but I estimate it will be some time in July, so my toddler will be bang on 2 1/2. My question is - do I need a double buggy?!
my age gap will be exactly 2.5 as well. 2 year old hardly ever uses the pram anymore tbh but there are some situations where she just has too and especially if I am out and about with 2 on my own I will want toddler strapped in. Luckily my pram can convert to a double so is fairly inexpensive to do so planning just to do that although I think it will make it pretty heavy. Plan to then get a buggy board in future if it feels necessary, shall see how it goes. Everything just costs so much money it’s hard to know what to do!

Have a checkup in the morning and cannot sleep with aniexty. I don't know why I get anxious about hearing the heartbeat or scans. I don't enjoy them at all, I'd rather be in denial. Feel like I'm in the minority as people tend to enjoy scans etc

Reactions: 4
Have a checkup in the morning and cannot sleep with aniexty. I don't know why I get anxious about hearing the heartbeat or scans. I don't enjoy them at all, I'd rather be in denial. Feel like I'm in the minority as people tend to enjoy scans etc
I can empathise with you. I’ve a scan the day after tomorrow and riddled with anxiety too. I’m currently feeding my 11 month old who’s staring intently at her Bullabaloo sensory muslin. It’s the only thing that keeps her focused on feeds which gives me strength to focus on her eyes and not the scan. I felt I was alone until I discovered this thread. Thanks for sharing.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Scaniexty! I get it too but I think it’s normal and sensible to feel apprehension. The NHS isn’t giving out free scans to ‘meet baby’, or checking urine for fun, I get irritated by influencers who perpetuate the idea it’s a fun day out.
I force myself to calm down by remembering I can’t affect an outcome by worrying but I can make myself poorly and maybe even affect my pregnancy. It’s easier said than done of course.

Re private reassurance scans, I found that after seeing a heartbeat but before feeling movement I’d never be happy unless I had scans constantly which just isn’t an option, so again I just have to hope and try not to let stress and anxiety get so it affects me and just do everything I can to keep healthy.

Reactions: 2
I always feel very nervous before a scan, just until that heartbeat and visual comes on screen. It’s very natural to feel worried. I bet even those influencers feel it too… don’t believe everything you see online.

Pregnancy is a mad time of emotions, worries, health complaints, flowing hormones and constant anxiety. And that’s just when you have an uncomplicated pregnancy without too much stress!

Reactions: 7
I'm 37 weeks and I still feel a horrible dread between scans and checking the heartbeat that there won't be anything there and something has gone wrong. It's pretty dark really.

Reactions: 5
Thanks ladies for sharing all your thoughts, I read and see everyone looking forward to scans and think sometimes why I can't be like that 😂 reminds me I'm not alone which is nice

Reactions: 3
is anyone else not too bothered about pregnancy food and drink rules 😂 I'll have a coffee as normal etc, just obvs not over doing it. I'll still be having prosciutto on my cheese board, might even have a lick of some baileys dessert cream with my yule log lol. There's nothing I've had to change or cut out really!

Reactions: 6
No, I’m sticking to the guidance. Pregnancy is nerve wracking enough (as evidenced by all the women anxious for their scans on this thread) without taking additional risks. I’m maybe over cautious because I’ve had a terrible pregnancy with HG, several hospital admissions and really struggled to get me and baby to this stage but for me it’s just not worth it. I can easily go without, it won’t bother me at all

Reactions: 6
Cautiously rejoining the thread after a positive test this week. Very early days so hoping things stick!

Had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in September so feeling particularly nervous

• Heart
Reactions: 14
is anyone else not too bothered about pregnancy food and drink rules 😂 I'll have a coffee as normal etc, just obvs not over doing it. I'll still be having prosciutto on my cheese board, might even have a lick of some baileys dessert cream with my yule log lol. There's nothing I've had to change or cut out really!
I’m a lot more relaxed than I was with my first. I’m still drinking the odd coffee but will make sure I don’t go over 200mg. With my first I was obsessed with washing fruit and veg but I’m a lot more relaxed. Also with my first I wouldn’t have an Italian BMT from subway but I’ve let myself this time 🤣

Also once at the beginning of my pregnancy I was CRAVING red bull. It’s really my downfall, I don’t drink much of it but I do love the taste of it but one day I was really craving it and my boyfriend forgot I can’t have it but I just drank the whole thing 😬 😂 it was delicious 🤣 it says on the can not recommended for pregnant women 😬 but it was so nice!! I’ve said to my fella he needs to get an ice cold one for me as soon as I’ve given birth, no matter what time of day 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I cut out caffeine completely in my first trimester as it was making me spew and also anxiety but since about 12 weeks I do let myself have two cups of tea a day. It’s below NHS guidelines and a really important part of my daily routine since I was about 17 lol.

I accidentally ate an Italian BMT sub at a service station at about 22 weeks. It sounds stupid but I completely forgot I couldn’t eat salami 🤣 Only realised the next day. No regrets as it was delicious lol.

I am being strict aside from that though as I’m naturally a very anxious person.

I’ve literally said to my partner that he needs to get a coming home from hospital platter of cold meats, cheese like Brie and smoked salmon ready. Not arsed about booze tbh but I am going to miss that food this Christmas.

I still have my daily coffee, I drink zero caff zero sugar coke once a day with no guilt, I used to be a full fat girly..
I had tiramsu accidentally a few weeks ago but it was shop bought so I don't think there was too much alcohol in it. I dont really like too much Christmas pudding etc so small portions. I'm not too fussed about the cheese boards as I only like plain cheese but if I know who has prepared it like my family I trust them. 😂 I'd love a glass of processo or a glass of mulled wine but just going to have the Non alcoholic ones and gloat about my clear head!!

It depends on the reason for the rule. I’m careful with caffeine as it’s directly proven to cause pregnancy complications. Alcohol too, one baileys at Xmas isn’t going to hurt but there’s plenty of alternatives, I’m not worried about boozy food. I wouldn’t eat a tuna sandwich everyday because of the mercury. But things that they say to avoid because there is a higher risk of bacteria and food poisoning I’ll weigh up the risk. I’d eat sushi at a fine dining restaurant but I wouldn’t eat pate that’s been sat out on a buffet. It’s such a short amount of time, it’s really not a big sacrifice.

My first baby had suspected CMPA and as I was breast feeding I have to cut out all dairy and soy. Now that was difficult!

Last edited:
Hi everyone ☺
Took a positive test last week after realising my period seemed late! (TTC but always forgetting to write down dates).
my last known period was 11th sept but I have had x2 periods since then.
will drs work it out from that until my 12 week scan is booked in? Don’t see the midwife until 4th of jan so feel a bit lost!

I’m a lot more relaxed than I was with my first. I’m still drinking the odd coffee but will make sure I don’t go over 200mg. With my first I was obsessed with washing fruit and veg but I’m a lot more relaxed. Also with my first I wouldn’t have an Italian BMT from subway but I’ve let myself this time 🤣

Also once at the beginning of my pregnancy I was CRAVING red bull. It’s really my downfall, I don’t drink much of it but I do love the taste of it but one day I was really craving it and my boyfriend forgot I can’t have it but I just drank the whole thing 😬 😂 it was delicious 🤣 it says on the can not recommended for pregnant women 😬 but it was so nice!! I’ve said to my fella he needs to get an ice cold one for me as soon as I’ve given birth, no matter what time of day 🤣
Red bull has been my craving too!! Not given in yet. But someone was drinking one near me the other day and I almost grabbed it off him and necked it 🤣🤣

• Haha
Red bull has been my craving too!! Not given in yet. But someone was drinking one near me the other day and I almost grabbed it off him and necked it 🤣🤣
My fella walked in with a bottle of water for me and a red bull for him, I nearly started shaking and grabbed it off him like a smackhead 🤣 I said to him ‘this must be what having a serious addiction is like’ 🤣

• Haha
I went off coffee early in pregnancy as it made my sickness worse. However now I’m 28 weeks I’ll have the odd cup now and again (sometimes I really need it when I’ve been up in the night with my one year old.

I also have a full fat fizzy drink once a day, coke has been my craving this pregnancy 😅

Craved the Italian BMT’s from subway this pregnancy too so I’ve had a few of them

• Heart
I always feel very nervous before a scan, just until that heartbeat and visual comes on screen. It’s very natural to feel worried. I bet even those influencers feel it too… don’t believe everything you see online.

Pregnancy is a mad time of emotions, worries, health complaints, flowing hormones and constant anxiety. And that’s just when you have an uncomplicated pregnancy without too much stress!
I’m 8 weeks and have already had two scans as had a little bit of pinkish discharge and obvious panicked. First scan was some emotional just seeing this teeny tiny heart beat. I am 45 and really thought the door had closed on having children but surprisingly it wasn’t. I then had a second scan last week as I have a large fibroid so they just wanted to check that out too. Teeny tiny heartbeat was so much stronger even just a week later - it’s truly amazing. Getting a scan again in two weeks as the position of the fibroid makes it hard to see my teeny tiny so they just want to remeasure when they are a bit less teeny. Then I’ll have my first hospital appointment at the end of Jan. I don’t think I could have waited that long. One scan was private and the rest will be public. The rollercoaster of emotions is wild.. dread and absolute joy each scan would be the feelings but it’s overwhelming trying to stay calm.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I personally have made choices within my own comfort zone. I do have caffeine but no caffeinated coffee and only 2-3 proper teas a day (think this falls within the guideline amounts). I don’t eat cheese anyway so that’s not been an issue for me. I have had some cured meat when it’s been on a buffet but only a couple of slices and again it’s not something I eat regularly. Alcohol wise I have had the odd drink - I have been to a couple of weddings and had a glass of champagne. On holiday I had a glass of red wine on my last night. But nothing habitual. Other than the odd sip of a drink to try someone else’s 😂 I do intend to have a glass of red wine with my Christmas dinner and glass of champagne on NYE. I’ll be 36 weeks then.
Alcohol I find when you read the guidance they tell you it’s 0 they recommend because they don’t know what’s safe. But then a number of years ago they told women with low iron to drink a Guinness a day! Plus in my line of work I work with people with substance abuse issues and see them have pregnancies whilst using many substances (not condoning this at all!) and they often have well babies (apart from withdrawal). So I’ve also been of the opinion I want don’t want to be reckless but I trust my own judgment.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.