Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I had GD and had a water birth. There’s a lot of misinformation about GD and what you’re not “allowed” to do. My consultant wanted to push me into agreeing to an induction at 40+6 despite my growth scan showing baby at 8lbs and my GD being managed well with just duet and exercise. So glad I said no and got her to agree to 40+10, even though she had to call another consultant for their opinion. I went into labour naturally at 40+2 and birthed in the pool and it was a lovely experience.
I stand corrected! Good to know.

justonemorepage

VIP Member
It is probably leaking very slowly over time not enough to notice day to day. I really wouldn’t worry about it but mention it to your GP if you are concerned?
Yeh I only really notice once it's built up quite a bit because it goes quite deep. I might mention it to the midwife when I see her next week.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
I remember my scans for my first. The first scan he laid there and posed, showing off his perfect profile and little belly. My 20 week scan he kept hiding! Literally every time she found him, he moved out of the way 😂 Came away with a photo of his foot 😂 We found out the gender, mostly because knowing helped with my anxiety around planning, but we didn't tell anyone. Will do the same this time round. Quite tempted to not even tell anyone I'm pregnant, easy to get away with as we live miles away from family 😂

fudgebox

VIP Member
I bought loads!🤣 I'd been waiting for it and monitoring the prices for the last few months. I got a double breast pump, a haaka, baby monitor, the goprep, nipple balm, nipple shields and silver nipple shield cup things along with a few other little bits.

I've only bought as I know what I wanted to do differently from my first and what was helpful!
Which baby monitor did you go for?

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Is anyone considering a water birth? My birthing centre I want to have the baby in has a pool and I’m thinking about it! I’m only 21 weeks so hopefully will still be low risk by then and able to do it🤞🏻
I wanted to with my first but wasn't allowed because my blood pressure was too high. Would like to have it as an option this time round.

fudgebox

VIP Member
I kept getting offered Lovall adverts on Instagram, so I bought some maternity leggings like the good little marketer I am, and they’re amazing! They’re thick so can be worn as trousers and they go up nice and high. Would recommend 👌🏻
Ohh I’ve been looking at this brand, which ones did you go for? And are they not see through?

JulesC

VIP Member
they are generally a lot more expensive - but dont think i am going to bother.... its such a minefield!!
Probably not worth it then, get a normal baby one and either try not to do long car journeys or stop every half an hour? (think that’s the guidance) to get them out. As they get a bit older, they’ll want to sit up and look around more anyway.

Tui

VIP Member
Yes, I went when I thought I was 7+5 and was only measuring 5+6, then I went exactly 2 weeks later and she’d had a little growth spurt was then measuring 8+6. 12 week scan matched this so was still a week or so behind what I originally thought. But it’s the tiniest of measurements at this point so they may catch up xx
That’s really reassuring.

cmcdb

Chatty Member
I should definitely breastfeed and not just pump because I’ll “regret it”…. Hmm don’t think I will.
Also, lots of family members trying to add in their name/ name of dead aunt I’ve never met into the middle name options.
My mother has also gone completely rogue and is just buying whatever she wants so I’ve got double of things I don’t need double of and will have to take mine back as she’s washed it or cut off tags ☹
It’s infuriating 😂

fudgebox

VIP Member
I had my mum with me for my first labour, and she would've been there with me for my second birth to had covid not reduced numbers in the theatre.
My mum is far better at advocating for me than my partner is. Is your husband confident in advocating for you when you can't? Will he stand up to a midwife or a consultant if he believes you need something/something isn't quite right? If he isn't that's definitely an argument to use.
My partner was worried about my mum being there with our first, but he actually said when we went in for our 2nd he was glad she was because it allowed him to rest too, they could take it in turns to support me in labour as it was long.
It's definitely something you'll need more than one conversation over, and keep it calm.
Ultimately its you who is going to be in labour and at your most vulnerable so it is completely your choice.
I definitely want my mum there along with my husband, I think my husband will be a bag of nerves where as my num has been through it 3 times so will know what to say to me😅 plus she didn’t get to see the births of my niece and nephew because my brothers partners mums were there so think it’ll be nice for her

AllTheBest2022

VIP Member
I'm currently 27 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I had a headache yesterday and a headache again today. I've just finished cleaning upstairs and I feel so shaky since and like I'm burning up but no temperature. Blood pressure is also fine. Have I just overdone it?

fudgebox

VIP Member
I loooove my label maker! I got some drawer dividers and labelled spaces for vests, sleepsuits etc. in various sizes.
I got the drawer dividers too this is exactly what I’m planning to do! Because I’ve got vests and bits in different sizes I didn’t want to get them mixed up 😆

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Might be a stupid question but is getting hair coloured during the 1st trimester safe? Most sites online say it's generally safe but limited studies blah blah and maybe wait till 2nd or 3rd trimester. I'm 6 weeks currently and was hoping to get my hair coloured before I go on holiday in September, now I'm not so sure.
I believe it’s safe, but your hair may react slightly differently (mine seems to take much quicker!) and you may develop new sensitivities etc, so worth getting another patch test. I think as well if you’re suffering with nausea/sickness the fumes can make it worse, but I don’t think it’s inherently a problem (not a hairdressser though!)

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
Does anyone else have clothing ranges/specific shops they're obsessed with? I really love Little Bird by Jools Oliver but she's stopped doing baby sizes so I've been scouring Vinted 😫 I'm so into anything bright/rainbow

justonemorepage

VIP Member
How are you all coping with the back pain? I'm 26 weeks and I don't remember it being this bad this early on the first time round. The evenings are the absolute worst. Not sure if using a yoga ball will help to try and stretch everything out?
I'm 23 weeks and back pain and hip pain has just started. Didn't know where to put myself last night and like you say, evenings are the absolute worst. I tend to seize up as well. I keep meaning to do some yoga but never get around to actually doing it 🙈😂 but I would imagine it would help a bit with loosening things up, especially on the ball.

ScoutFinch

33 weeks and I can’t breathe!! It constantly feels like something (someone!) is pressing on my lungs and I just can’t breathe properly.
I don’t remember this happening so early on with my first. Anyone else??
I’m 32 weeks and feeling the same! I don’t think it helps there’s constantly a tiny foot in my ribs too. I just want to take a deep breath 😮💨

penpitstop

Sweating bullets 🥵 Running out of excuses to use at work for my sweat tash (I'm 11 weeks so haven't told them yet)
---

Hope you manage to find bits you like 😊 We luckily got a brand new but secondhand covertible cot/toddler bed through Facebook Marketplace. My husband bought a "proper" rocking chair, instead of a nursing chair, for Mother's Day for me and we still use it every night (my son is 2). We didn't bother buying any nursery specific furniture until recently. We now have three Smastad units (a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a shelf/drawer combo) and they work really well for his stuff with plenty of room to grow.
Same, a proper rocking chair was one of my must haves and was a lifesaver for us with a baby with both colic and reflux. Still use it every night now for stories (also 2yo). We bought one that the legs can be changed on to make it a proper chair once babies have outgrown it. We bought a wide chest of drawers and have a wedged changing mat on top instead of a changing table.I’ll be buying a foldable/portable changing table for downstairs this time-changing nappies is back breaking!!