Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hazmaz

Chatty Member
Hi, tentatively joining as I'm 4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. I'm feeling very guilty- we'd been trying for a while and in this particular month I really thought nothing would happen as we didn't really do it much during ovulation for various reasons.

I'm usually pretty good during the two week wait and rarely drink alcohol anyway, however I had a birthday thing to go to and ended up drinking quite a few cocktails. Imagine my shock when the very next day I decide to do a cheapo test and a very faint line comes up. I was around 8dpo so nearly a week before my period and I just took the test out of habit like I impatiently do every month. Feeling really terrible that I've caused some harm even though I know realistically I probably haven't... Don't really know why I'm posting, think I'm just looking for some reassurance?
Congratulations!!! I was out on the booze two weeks before finding out I was about 7 weeks pregnant 🤣 our baby (so far!!) is growing healthily so sending positive thoughts!! Xxx

justonemorepage

VIP Member
Yes, it does sound like dried colostrum to me, but I don’t know how early you start producing it… weird to ask this of someone but have you tried squeezing just behind the nipple to see if anything comes out fresh?
It started when I was about 6 weeks pregnant so that's why I'm unsure if it is colostrum. I have gently squeezed and nothing comes out but I'm too scared to squeeze very hard haha.

hazmaz

Chatty Member
Is anyone bothering with the lie-flat car seats? i know they're not recommended to be in their car seats for long while little but im completely stumped with what to buy :ROFLMAO: too many options i think 😣

Orangesocks182

I only found out yesterday so I’m waiting to hear back from a midwife, I’m only 4+3 so super early. I’m glad I’m not the only one with health anxiety!
I suffer with really bad health anxiety too and have found pregnancy to be a really triggering time! So sending you lots of love and empathy as I know exactly how it feels ❤❤❤

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
Agree with the poster above - I know I'm going to have a freakout now my next scan is the 36 week one, which is in November! We are definitely going to get a private one around 28 weeks.

Greenfly125

Thank you. The nausea I had over the weekend has also vanished this morning, although I was up all night because my boobs were so sore. I hate this second guessing already 😩 hopefully the appointment next week will be reassuring.

penpitstop

I’m due in 4 days and feel like I know nothing about giving birth 😅😅😅 there’s only so many videos etc you can watch. And I know people say you will know, once you feel it it you will know you’re in labour etc.. but that makes me feel really unprepared 🤣 like how long is it ok to labour at home for?! Our hospital is a good 20-30 minute drive away and I’m terrified of not making it 😂
It’s a hard one as it’s going to be different for everyone. I lost my mucus plug and then had period pains-I phoned the hospital to check if this was normal and they told me I was in early labour (I didn’t have a clue). My waters didn’t break either(they broke them for me in hospital). Going to hospital they will tell you until your contractions are 3-4 mins apart or until you can’t cope with the pain. For me I was incoherent with pain and trusted my gut but contractions were all over the place-I was 5cm when I went in. But when proper contractions kick in you will definitely know lol

Sickofinstacrap

I need to work out my annual leave. Does anyone in nhs know if I don’t use All my AL before I go off middle December can I carry it over and use it at end of my mat leave? I plan on working til 38w then 2 weeks AL and mat leave from due date ❤

fudgebox

VIP Member
Oh I had really bad sciatica with my first, I couldn’t even get out of bed some days. It disappeared after 2 weeks though but the midwife’s told me to alternate between ice packs and heat packs when it got really bad
Thanks will try it! I’m on my feet all day in work so that doesn’t help 😩

Kaybethkay

VIP Member
Honestly I was so beside myself with pain by the time I got the epidural I couldn’t even tell you who was in the room never mind if there was a needle involved! Best thing I did for myself, totally changed my labour experience!
I might brave it this time and get it 😅

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
okay awesome, thank you! Sorry for asking sooo many questions! I knoww i can google all this, but sometimes its better to hear from other people !!! i am so over the moon!! :D
I didn’t drink any the first trimester, it also made me so so sick which was very sad lol. I had mostly decaf for the rest of my pregnancy as caffeine is in other things too like chocolate or fizzy drinks.

Clojo92

Hi all, looking for advice especially those who have had a miscarriage.

I’m 8 weeks, was seen in the early pregnancy unit on Wednesday due to some light bleeding and cramps, where they did a scan and said everything looked fine, probably implantation bleeding. It’s heavier now with clots and the cramps are worse. I need to be re-referred to the unit by my GP, so I will contact them on Monday and will hopefully be seen on Tuesday.

In the meantime, has anyone had implantation bleeding that’s lasted a week and got heavier with cramps and clots? Or should I prepare myself for the worst?

WordsFromReuben

VIP Member
was told at my 38 week midwife appointment this week that baby is laying “right occiput anterior” when ideally he should be left. Didn’t even know this was a thing! There was me feeling good about him being head down but apparently more likely to rotate back to back if on the right.
Midwife said to get on the birth ball, Anyone got any tips on flipping him?
I’ve been reading the spinning babies website but find it a lot of heavy reading..

stardust1

VIP Member
Day 1 of my last period was also 02/07/23!! My app has predicted my due date as 7th April 2024. Currently 6 weeks 1 day 😊
Aww love that! I just had an email back to say they will be in touch with a midwife appointment in the next 2 weeks. Is it your first? X

Burrito88

VIP Member
25 weeks and I’m so fed up of the fatigue. I have no energy to do anything which is completely unlike me. I have one coffee a day which seems to do nothing! I’ve started taking some liquid iron along with my pregnancy vitamins - any other ideas??

easyliketuesdayafternoon

I kept getting offered Lovall adverts on Instagram, so I bought some maternity leggings like the good little marketer I am, and they’re amazing! They’re thick so can be worn as trousers and they go up nice and high. Would recommend 👌🏻
Omg I have 2 pairs and want another one. I just love that I can wear them for work because they're so thick and comfy. I'm also not on commission but I absolutely should be because I'm recommending them to everyone!

Sounds controversial and I can say I’m certain I probably won’t use it. But has anyone seen - or even planning to use - the woman / midwife / doula who recommends masturbation during birth to manage pain?! I’ve seen her insta but can’t remember her name. The naked doula insta name reminded me