Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sazzles88

Oh god I didn’t even realise they would come before it was born, my husband doesn’t want to put up any of the cribs or Moses baskets up or anything that the baby sleeps in until the baby is born because his family has put in his head all these superstitions🙄
I think its only some areas. We were due go have a visit with our first but covid happened and we have yet to see a health visitor! 😂 I'm 33 weeks and not got anything sorted yet!

Any Irish people here I just want to ask a question, I'm a little over 10 weeks. I did the GP visit ages ago and they said I will be contacted by The hospital by now. I haven't yet but I was wondering is it a letter or phonecall to make the 12 week appt (I know it might not necessarily be 12 weeks) or should I ring the hospital. I'm not entirely sure, the website isn't giving me much information and I've made a decision not to tell family yet so someone may help me if your Irish as the UK system is likely to be different. 😅

PeterPanFan

Chatty Member
I guess there's a good chance that all those people either organised their own or asked their family to do it for them.

I think if it's something you want, maybe ask around, see if anyone would arrange one 😊
I just think especially in the UK, it isn't so much of a thing to presume people are having one.
Maybe, my friends mostly have sisters who arranged them but not sure if they were asked/volunteered!

cmcdb

Chatty Member
Has anyone started photo documenting their pregnancies, I’m 16weeks and everyone is telling me to do it because I’ll regret not and that I should go for a maternity shoot with himself 🫣 I know that’s personal preference but it’s so much easier to get advice from someone pregnant at the same time 😂

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Hi girls. I’m nearly 19 weeks pregnant, long time lurker here..

Just wondering when everyone’s starting their mat leave?

I’m due 13 Jan. i have 4 days annual leave for this year left and my allowance refreshes in Jan next year. Do I make my mat leave start 22 Dec and use 4 days AL before that to make my last actual working day 15 Dec.

OR

Do I start mat leave 2 Jan (I’m in the U.K. not Scotland so only 1 Jan is a bank hol) and use 4 days AL before that making my last working day 21 Dec?

Pregnancy is expected to progress with no issues and I can wfh if I want.

I’m going to take a year off
I’d do the latter option personally, means you only go back to work for a couple of days next year then immediately have bank hols etc for Xmas.
I started my mat leave on my due date last time (but was wfh due to Covid) and am doing the same this year but taking a week AL first to maximise time at home with the baby!

rulebreaker101

VIP Member
Thank you for all your lovely answers! Maybe i will go back to coffee or not. Today i noticed i cant stand frothy milk or steamed milk - so maybe I will wait a while. The exhaustion hit today at around 3pm. cant wait to finish work and sleep

PeterPanFan

Chatty Member
Start a WhatsApp group called “Peter pans surprise baby shower” and then leave. They’ll get the hint 😆 I’m not having one. Very few of my friends have kids so I’m not expecting anything.
Thats the thing, apart from my friend that doesn't have one, all my friends do and they all had a shower. Maybe it's different times and they can't be arsed. A few weeks ago if asked I'd have probably said I didn't want one but the further on I go and better I'm feeling, the more I think it would be nice!