Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding mat leave and such... what's everyone planning on doing? Starting it bang on your due date or taking some time before? I have loads of annual leave to take with only one week booked off before baby crunch time.
I’m putting in all the annual leave I have left and then starting my maternity leave as late as possible. That’s the plan anyway!

Reactions: 1
Regarding mat leave and such... what's everyone planning on doing? Starting it bang on your due date or taking some time before? I have loads of annual leave to take with only one week booked off before baby crunch time.
I’m a self employed dog groomer so I’m finishing at 36 weeks, I’d like to go longer but because of the time of year (Christmas) I don’t want to risk anything happening early and having to cancel appointments and people not being able to get booked in elsewhere because everyone will be booked up!
but because of this I’m only planning to have 3-4 months off because self employed maternity pay is crap😅

Mines starting at 38 weeks. I have 4 weeks of leave left that I’ll use the other end as I’m unsure yet if I want to take it to give me another solid month off or make it so I return just 1-2 days a week so it’s a smoother transition for me/the baby ☺

I’m going to take December off. Should be around three weeks before baby arrives. I’ve seen so many friends bodies just give up at this point so I figured I’d just take a few weeks 😆 after that, I’m taking nine months and husband will take three.

Reactions: 2
I'm due December 22nd and I'm taking two weeks leave from the 8th and starting official mat leave on my due date x

I’m starting mat leave at 39 weeks, but taking 2 weeks of annual leave before then so I’ll actually finish work at 37 weeks. I WFH and I’m desk based but my job is very stressful so I’m hoping that gives me some time to unwind before baby arrives!

I have quite a physical job so I'm planning on taking just over a week annual leave before baby is born and praying they don't come early so I can put my feet up for a week 😂 planning on sleeping and resting as much as possible with the odd walk just to keep things moving 😂

I'm 36+2 and officially started my mat leave on Monday just last but I had 2 weeks annual leave before that! I'm planning on taking the full year off though and carrying over my remaining annual leave from this year. I was struggling working even til I finished so glad I've got the break before that I do and it's meaning I get most of the summer holidays to spend with my daughter before the new baby comes!

I literally hated the last month of pregnancy last time, you’re so big and can‘t walk properly so finishing at 35+5 this time using 2 weeks annual leave then starting Mat leave at 38 weeks. I’m having an elective section this time though so likely to have baby around 39 weeks.

Had my first scan today, they’re saying 12+3, when I thought 11+6 so not a huge difference really… and it’s twins 😭 in complete shock, it’s like finding out all over again 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Had my first scan today, they’re saying 12+3, when I thought 11+6 so not a huge difference really… and it’s twins 😭 in complete shock, it’s like finding out all over again 🙈
Congratulations!! That’s a lot to get your head around!

• Heart
High five from another twin mama! Hello! I know exactly what receiving that bit of info felt like from my 12 week scan. Hope you’re feeling ok.

• Heart
High five from another twin mama! Hello! I know exactly what receiving that bit of info felt like from my 12 week scan. Hope you’re feeling ok.
Complete shock but we’re over the moon.. emotions very high 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I need to work out my annual leave. Does anyone in nhs know if I don’t use All my AL before I go off middle December can I carry it over and use it at end of my mat leave? I plan on working til 38w then 2 weeks AL and mat leave from due date ❤

Hello all! Congratulations everyone! Recently found out I am pregnant with my third and thinking wtf have we done 🙈 my boys will be almost 3 and a half and 18 months when this one arrives in February! Help!

@Sickofinstacrap your annual leave should accrue over your mat leave but definitely check with your company

I'm still on leave from baby #2 so have all this past year's leave built up that I'll put to use and I'll probably finish around 36 weeks as both my babies came early at 38 and 37+2 weeks respectively!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Twin pregnancy is such a magical experience. Enjoy every second. My twins turn 2 soon, and I miss feeling their little kicks every day!

• Heart
I need to work out my annual leave. Does anyone in nhs know if I don’t use All my AL before I go off middle December can I carry it over and use it at end of my mat leave? I plan on working til 38w then 2 weeks AL and mat leave from due date ❤
I work for NHS and I'm carrying over my remaining for before I return next year!

Anyone know what you can take decongestant wise in 2nd trimester (13 weeks). Had a cold that was getting better which has taken a sudden turn for the worse so think it’s gone to my sinuses. Am miserable 😭 so much pressure!

Has anyone planned on not taking a longer time off? I work for family and am so worried that maternity money won’t be enough to live on for a long period of time for me/us. I’m never going to be completely away from it but I’m finding the comments about how I’m bound to change my mind/things will be cheaper (😲) while I’m off absolutely grinding my gears at the moment. It’s not that I don’t want to spend time with my baby, which I of course will be doing, but I’m also not getting myself in a dark hole of debt while off

Reactions: 3
Has anyone planned on not taking a longer time off? I work for family and am so worried that maternity money won’t be enough to live on for a long period of time for me/us. I’m never going to be completely away from it but I’m finding the comments about how I’m bound to change my mind/things will be cheaper (😲) while I’m off absolutely grinding my gears at the moment. It’s not that I don’t want to spend time with my baby, which I of course will be doing, but I’m also not getting myself in a dark hole of debt while off
Me I’ll only be taking 3-4 months off at most as self employed

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.