Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello! I like the thing about us needing a recap. WE ARE ALL PREGNANT! 😅

I am very pregnant, filled with sciatica, walking like a penguin and generally not hugely comfortable. I had to go into hospital yesterday due to reduced movements, all fine and baby’s heart rate around 148 which oldwives tales say it is a girl but I think This is a myth.

I am waiting for my c section date, hopefully will have this soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
37 weeks and had the teeny tiniest “snot” looking lump in my discharge today (so many lovely words 🤢) I’m wondering if this could be a tiny bit of my mucus plug?

Reactions: 1
37 weeks and had the teeny tiniest “snot” looking lump in my discharge today (so many lovely words 🤢) I’m wondering if this could be a tiny bit of my mucus plug?
Yep sounds like your plug dislodging. Can go on for what seems like forever though!

Hi ladies,
Just wondering how long it took for any of you to get your glucose test results back for GD?
I had mine on Friday morning and haven’t had any phone calls yet! I’m hoping this means all is ok but don’t want to get my hopes to high just yet!

Anyone struggle with low mood in the earlt stages? I'm 7weeks and feel so depressed, tired and unmotivated, spent most of my time in bed the last week 🤦‍♀️ keep trying to tell myself it's just the hormones and it'll pass but godddd it's hard.
Yes! First trimester was absolutely awful, having Hyperemsis Gravardium didn't help either. I had absolutely no motivation, barely did the housework, cooking, even getting myself in for a shower seemed like such a chore. All I wanted to do was sleep or just curl up on the sofa and wait for the day to end. I'm now 23 weeks and feel so much better, have more energy and more interest in actually doing stuff.

Hi ladies,
Just wondering how long it took for any of you to get your glucose test results back for GD?
I had mine on Friday morning and haven’t had any phone calls yet! I’m hoping this means all is ok but don’t want to get my hopes to high just yet!
From my experience they do not call or send a letter if it’s negative, you just take no news as good news. If it’s positive they will call you within about 2-3 days and talk about next steps x

Reactions: 2
I know I'm no where near giving birth yet but a family friend just had a baby and a relative went to visit the day after they came out of the hospital 🤦‍♀️ told my OH that we won't be telling anyone we're in labour and I'll be knocking my phone off for a week and drawing the blinds. Everyone can duck off. It gives me such anxiety 🙈

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Those of you having (or have previously had) a c-section, how long did your partner take off work? My boyfriend is self employed so whatever he takes off will be unpaid time off 😬

Those of you having (or have previously had) a c-section, how long did your partner take off work? My boyfriend is self employed so whatever he takes off will be unpaid time off 😬
I had emcs with my first and my partner was off 4 weeks but that had been the plan if I'd had a vaginal birth anyway. This time I'm having an elective and he'll be off 4-6 weeks I think but it's more to help with our daughter 🤣

4 weeks but he wasn’t much use to me as he was packing our house ready to move 4 weeks post birth 😂 I think his work give an extra 2 weeks leave above the standard 2 weeks if you have a c section/traumatic birth. I’m hoping for a VBAC this time though.

Tbh I was actually ok recovery wise, he was more useful as snack/drink bringer when baby was glued to my boob 23 hours a day.

Mine had 2 weeks. The hardest bit is the first few days as long as your recovery is straight forward. I was okay pottering about the house after that first week - just no heavy lifting or doing anything strenuous.

Reactions: 3
Mine had 2 weeks. The hardest bit is the first few days as long as your recovery is straight forward. I was okay pottering about the house after that first week - just no heavy lifting or doing anything strenuous.
yep, mine had 2 weeks. I did get a lot of support from my mum too which I was very grateful for but agree with @WeHadFunRight I was ok after the first couple of weeks. Take allllll the pain though, alternate paracetemol and ibuprofen every 2 hours for the first week or so.

I think it really depends, I’ve read some people are fine after like a week but for me it was different, I actually ended up staying with my parents for a week or so because my wound was infected so I literally had to sit and do nothing (which I’m rubbish at at the best of times). I would say about a month after I was relatively self sufficient but I’m probably more of an exception and not the “standard” for recovery.

Is anyone else feeling completely overwhelmed? My emotions are all over the place and I can't stop crying for no reason. I feel like I'm not cut out for this and I keep overthinking and panicking. Just feeling completely down at the moment when I felt amazing last week. Such a rollercoaster!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is anyone else feeling completely overwhelmed? My emotions are all over the place and I can't stop crying for no reason. I feel like I'm not cut out for this and I keep overthinking and panicking. Just feeling completely down at the moment when I felt amazing last week. Such a rollercoaster!
I feel the same. I’ve had a horrible few days and just want to cry about everything. I feel totally alone. My OH complained about our first ante-natal class being straight after his new job training and I completely lost my tit with him and walked out for a few hours. I then texted my MiL with a bad temper after she sent more pics of stuff she’d bought after we’d agreed with her she wouldn’t. It’s almost like she enjoys pissing me off. I know we’ve talked about it on here but she’s actually pushed me into being unpleasant. I then asked my sister and cousin if they had time for a meet up as I could really use the company and they said they were busy. I later found out they went for a walk together without me.
It’s become clear I have no support network and need to make more of an effort to reach out and meet new people even though I feel like I have no confidence left.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@justonemorepage @emisixo It's completely normal for emotions to fluctuate and it does settle down a bit/get easier to manage so don't worry about the thought of feeling like this all pregnancy! However, pregnancy can be really tough on your mental health and can either exacerbate feelings that were there before or bring on new feelings, and it's really important to discuss it with your midwife so they can talk to you about it and refer you for support if needed - you get fast tracked it you're pregnant or recently had a baby, and getting the right support now before things potentially escalate is really important 😊❤

• Heart
Sorry to hear ladies, I agree it’s best to reach out now for help and support with what you can access while preg. Also, @emisixo can you have a word with your sister and tell her how much that hurt you?

on a side note, I’m coming up to 7 weeks and “loving” the feeling of feeling so sick but then seeing a picture of some nice food and suddenly feeling like I could eat a horse. Then instantly back to sick again 😂

• Heart
Almost 38 weeks pregnant now and I’m getting so frustrated with people who expecting me to still be able to do things.
I’ve always been a people pleaser and I go visit friends rather then then come to my house because it’s easier for them, I find it hard to say no but I’m a currently a whale, can hardly walk because of my hips, living in flip flops because my feet are swollen and struggle to get in the car yet my friend is still like oh do you want to meet up here and go do a nature trail walk or come to my house that’s 30 min drive away and hang out there. NO I DONT 😔 come to me for once.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Had my baby yesterday 🥰 after begging for an epidural, it failed and I only had gas and air. It was so tough after 28 hours but I feel so bloody proud of myself! Baby bobble is amazing and I am utterly obsessed. He has slotted right into our family and is absolutely perfect. 💛 the hormones from giving birth are extreme! - I am literally on cloud nine!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
had my 12 week scan today, baby frog did indeed look like a frog flailing it's long legs around!! hope everyone is doing well ❤ 13 weeks tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.