Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my 38 week appointment today and although midwife said he’s dropped and head is right down he’s still not engaged. I know it doesn’t matter as some don’t until labour has started especially with being my third but I left feeling really annoyed 😑

My daughter arrived at 38 weeks and son 39. I’ve got a feeling I’ll end up going over with this baby. She’s booked me in for a sweep the day after I’m due which I was also hoping would be sooner but hey ho 🙃😂

Reactions: 2
had my 12 week scan today, baby frog did indeed look like a frog flailing it's long legs around!! hope everyone is doing well ❤ 13 weeks tomorrow!
Exactly the same stage as you!
We had the scan today, just glad everything was OK, although they did have to do it internally as baby was too far back?!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Exactly the same stage as you!
We had the scan today, just glad everything was OK, although they did have to do it internally as baby was too far back?!
Aw yay congrats - we must be due date twins!! nope it wasn’t an internal, must have been far enough forward for them to see. Are you also staring at the scan photo guessing the gender?!

Had my 20 week scan on Monday, went well and we’re having a baby boy 🥰 I’ve been convinced it’s a boy the whole time because we cannot think of any boy names we would consider using. Now I’m even more stressed 😂 anyone else always thinking of baby names?!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Had my 20 week scan on Monday, went well and we’re having a baby boy 🥰 I’ve been convinced it’s a boy the whole time because we cannot think of any boy names we would consider using. Now I’m even more stressed 😂 anyone else always thinking of baby names?!
We’ve got a girl and boy name ready, I’ve had my girl name as top of my list since way before we even thought of having a baby 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Aw yay congrats - we must be due date twins!! nope it wasn’t an internal, must have been far enough forward for them to see. Are you also staring at the scan photo guessing the gender?!
At the minute we think its a boy as we cannnot think of a boys name we both like! Hope everything has been going OK for you

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I thought I had a contraction earlier and got so excited that something could be happening but then nothing did so I had an angry nap for 4 hours 😂 I was raging!

The closer I get to my due date the slower time feels 😢 I know I should be grateful and soak up this time while I've got it but it's quite hard to enjoy your free time when you're super pregnant 🤣

I thought I had a contraction earlier and got so excited that something could be happening but then nothing did so I had an angry nap for 4 hours 😂 I was raging!

The closer I get to my due date the slower time feels 😢 I know I should be grateful and soak up this time while I've got it but it's quite hard to enjoy your free time when you're super pregnant 🤣
it could have been! I had random contractions for 3 days before my waters went 😂

I’ve ordered so much baby stuff on Amazon they’ve emailed me to see if I’m buying for business purposes 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hi girls, when did you all have your first midwife appointment?

With my first baby last year I was with a different gp/hospital and I had my booking appointment at 8 weeks.

however I’ve just had a phone call from my new doctors office and my booking appointment is on Monday when I’ll be 5 weeks? Is this not way too soon? The midwife is also coming to my house rather than me going to them which I find slightly strange?

Anyone similar?

With my first baby last year I was with a different gp/hospital and I had my booking appointment at 8 weeks.

however I’ve just had a phone call from my new doctors office and my booking appointment is on Monday when I’ll be 5 weeks? Is this not way too soon? The midwife is also coming to my house rather than me going to them which I find slightly strange?

Anyone similar?
Mine took 3 weeks to get back to me so I’ll be 8+4 at my appointment. I guess the sooner the better to get everything booked in? Mine is also coming to our house which I found odd too (also means I have to tidy and clean before she comes 😂🙃)

Anyone similar?
I think it’s so different in different areas!

with my first pregnancy (mc) 5 years ago I was living in Wales at the time and my booking appointment was at 5+6 and the midwife came to my house to do it

in England where I live now my booking appointment for the baby I just had was over the phone at around 8 or 9 weeks I think?

18+3 today and bricking it for the 20 week scan. We've only bought small things, mostly second hand, but the scan is still 12 days away and I'm petrified there will be something wrong 😭 honestly wish I could relax for more than two days at a time 🫣

• Heart
18+3 today and bricking it for the 20 week scan. We've only bought small things, mostly second hand, but the scan is still 12 days away and I'm petrified there will be something wrong 😭 honestly wish I could relax for more than two days at a time 🫣
I feel you! I'm 18+1 and my scan isn't for another 18 days! I've allowed myself to get excited in these last couple of weeks though, the constant anxiety was doing me no good whatsoever.

• Heart
I’m the same I’m 18 weeks today but am on a cruise when I turn 20 weeks so having the scan the week after! I have bought so much stuff already aswell 🙈

• Heart
Today is my last day at work before I begin Mat leave. I have cleared out my desk and have about 10 mins left on the clock - it feels bizarre after doing the same thing for 10 years! I hope I don't go into labour tomorrow - it would be nice to have a few days off before she arrives!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
24 weeks today and have a midwife appointment, is this just a quick blood pressure and urine check?

I then have to go every other week until I'm 28 weeks and then it goes to weekly appointments. Gonna see my midwife more than my own family at this rate 😂

24 weeks today and have a midwife appointment, is this just a quick blood pressure and urine check?

I then have to go every other week until I'm 28 weeks and then it goes to weekly appointments. Gonna see my midwife more than my own family at this rate 😂
I found all my 25 week one was blood pressure and an urine sample, think they also had a feel of baby too

Regarding mat leave and such... what's everyone planning on doing? Starting it bang on your due date or taking some time before? I have loads of annual leave to take with only one week booked off before baby crunch time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.