Pregnancy #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll be 40 weeks tomorrow and am booked in to see my midwife, also in two minds about a sweep. I had two with my last pregnancy and went into labour the day after the second, but my current midwife said she doesn’t really think they work unless your body was prepping to go into labour anyway. Very ready for baby though so may end up doing it!
Why is it such a hard decision?! You’d think you’d know just what to do and what’s best for you and baby, but if anything you doubt yourself more! I’m really undecided! I’ve heard the same about them, just whether it’s worth taking the chance in the hope baby appears at the weekend… I’d take a sweep or two over an induction!!

I had some period-like pains last night, and then nothing today until about an hour ago when I started getting period-like feelings again. I'm keen to avoid induction if possible so I'm happy to keep having sweeps in the meantime in case they trigger something, as I'm sure an induction will be more uncomfortable and a much more frustrating process!
Fingers crossed this is the start of it for you - it sounds promising! Keep us updated!! Oh I’m absolutely with you on that! I had 4 sweeps last time, then a long induction process which involved every various means of induction going, ending in 4 days in hospital and forced pushing 🙄 determined to avoid that again so may go for a few sweeps and like you say, hope it will trigger something before I’m forced into round 2!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Why are some babies so stubborn, eh? I’m also hoping for a more straightforward labour than my first. It starts getting a bit stressful after a while! Especially when your body starts doing early labour-type things and then it just stops and nothing for the next few days!

I’ve booked in for an elective c-section if my baby is 1 week over due. (Big baby).

Reactions: 3
I have some big knickers (in black and assorted colours) from Next that I love - I was wearing them anyway pre-pregnancy because I'm bigger and prefer high-waisted (midi) knickers, and then I've bought them in bigger sizes during pregnancy as I've grown. I also got a pack of black high-waisted knickers from Sainsbury's for the immediate days after giving birth as they were cheaper and I was thinking they might need to be thrown out depending on how things go 😂

The Next ones are here: https://www.next.co.uk/style/st174329/190187#190187
Ooh these look good! Thank you 🥰

Reactions: 1
My husbands family have been telling loads of people that we’re expecting I’m so annoyed, I haven’t even told most of my family yet only my parents we’re waiting for this weekend to tell my brothers I’m only 8 weeks!!!! We told them not to tell anyone until atleast 12 weeks🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
  • Heart
I feel your pain (41+1)!! I had an attempted sweep last week, and an actual sweep yesterday, so if I can be of any help in making a decision let me know!

I had my final growth scan today and baby is measuring 8lb 15oz...R.I.P. to my vagina 🤣
My 1st was 11lb when he was born 8yrs ago and now my 3rd is weighing 6lb 15oz at 36wks. 11lb baby was actually a really straightforward easy birth. Midwife told me that some bigger babies are easier to birth than smaller babies.

Reactions: 4
My 1st was 11lb when he was born 8yrs ago and now my 3rd is weighing 6lb 15oz at 36wks. 11lb baby was actually a really straightforward easy birth. Midwife told me that some bigger babies are easier to birth than smaller babies.
Oh wow, 11lb!! That's really reassuring that big doesn't necessarily mean difficult, thank you! I hope all's going well with your current pregnancy 🙂

Reactions: 2
Oh wow, 11lb!! That's really reassuring that big doesn't necessarily mean difficult, thank you! I hope all's going well with your current pregnancy 🙂
I’m doing well thanks just at the point I want him here now so I can finally get a good night sleep on my stomach 😂. He has had his eviction notice booked for my due date of the 26th if he's not here by then

My second was also 11lb. And was way less pushing time than my other 2.
They do say they're" easier" in that sense because I guess they've got gravity on their side 😂
No idea how true that is though.

My 3rd was estimated to be over 10lb based on growth scans. 3 days after my growth scan, she was born at 6lb 14.

They do say they're" easier" in that sense because I guess they've got gravity on their side 😂

My 3rd was estimated to be over 10lb based on growth scans. 3 days after my growth scan, she was born at 6lb 14.
First was as I mentioned 11lb. 2nd baby was born sleeping at 1lb 5 at 24wks but if he had been okay he would of been bigger than my first. Got another growth scan at 38+3 so can see him being a good 8lb at least when he's born but now 11lb thankfully

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Haha gravity could definitely help! I was 9lb 2oz when I was born and my mum has spent my whole life telling me off for getting my shoulder stuck on the way out, so I guess it could go either way! The growth scans have been really consistent so far but I remember you and others saying they can sometimes be way out so I'm prepared for him to be smaller/even bigger than expected!
---
First was as I mentioned 11lb. 2nd baby was born sleeping at 1lb 5 at 24wks but if he had been okay he would of been bigger than my first. Got another growth scan at 38+3 so can see him being a good 8lb at least when he's born but now 11lb thankfully
I'm so sorry about your second baby ❤

• Heart
Haha gravity could definitely help! I was 9lb 2oz when I was born and my mum has spent my whole life telling me off for getting my shoulder stuck on the way out, so I guess it could go either way! The growth scans have been really consistent so far but I remember you and others saying they can sometimes be way out so I'm prepared for him to be smaller/even bigger than expected!
---

I'm so sorry about your second baby ❤
❤😘 Thats appreciated thank you @Pontiac_Bandit

My husbands family have been telling loads of people that we’re expecting I’m so annoyed, I haven’t even told most of my family yet only my parents we’re waiting for this weekend to tell my brothers I’m only 8 weeks!!!! We told them not to tell anyone until atleast 12 weeks🙄
We knew our parents wouldn’t be able to resist sharing the news even though we haven’t publicly announced it. We waited until 12 weeks to tell them for this exact reason. We have decided to pick our battles with them as they’re excited to be grandparents (fair enough) - but it is so unfair they’re spreading the news when it’s not theirs to tell!

• Sad
When do things get better😞 first timer, 9 weeks and I am sooo tired and just feeling sluggish and gross. I feel so lazy, my energy level is just none existent. It's getting me down so bad, I'm just crying for nothing, so emotional all the time. My appetite is slowly decreasing aswell😩

• Heart
Reactions: 5
When do things get better😞 first timer, 9 weeks and I am sooo tired and just feeling sluggish and gross. I feel so lazy, my energy level is just none existent. It's getting me down so bad, I'm just crying for nothing, so emotional all the time. My appetite is slowly decreasing aswell😩
I've been exactly the same but starting to get slowly better now as I come to the end of the 1st trimester. I've heard the 2nd trimester is the best for energy levels so can't wait for that 😂 hang in there lovely, you're not lazy you are growing life and that's exhausting!

• Heart
Oh poor you ❤ it does get better, in the first trimester you’re growing the baby but you’re also growing the placenta which is why you’re so tired. In the second trimester, the placenta starts to take over the growing and nourishment of the baby so your body gets a bit of a break. You’ve done so well, give it a few more weeks and you should start feeling more energetic again x

• Heart
Week 9 was definitely the hardest for me. I remember crying in the bath and saying to my OH how I don’t think I can do this for another 31 weeks. I think my biggest advice would be to expect highs and lows - pregnancy is such a wild ride and I was naive to think that once I started feeling a bit better that it would be ‘easy’ from then, so any little dip I took really hard. A bad day/week doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be that way forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think week 9/10 is when your hormone levels are at their highest and you feel the worst (apparently). With my first I felt shite until 16 weeks when my sickness was under control with medication but I was full of energy from then until about 38 weeks. This time around I started to feel better around 12 weeks but at nearly 15 weeks I can feel my energy levels rising (not as much as last time because I’m chasing a toddler round 24/7 but defo much better than the last few months). Hang in there, with any luck the worst is nearly behind you!

• Heart
We knew our parents wouldn’t be able to resist sharing the news even though we haven’t publicly announced it. We waited until 12 weeks to tell them for this exact reason. We have decided to pick our battles with them as they’re excited to be grandparents (fair enough) - but it is so unfair they’re spreading the news when it’s not theirs to tell!
I know this is why I wanted to wait to tell them because they’re such blabber mouths! My parents haven’t told a soul because we asked them not to! I don’t really care who knows after I’ve told all of my family I just don’t want them hearing from anyone else🥲

• Heart
Just found out I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant, this will be my third 😱😂 honestly shocked and don't know what to think.. due early January

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.