Pregnancy #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had my appointment, my midwife is so nice and she actually lives just down the road from me😅 and the bloods weren’t bad at all! Made me feel more confident now about everything

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My husband managed to feel baby kicking on the outside last night! I’m almost 19 weeks so didn’t think he would for a while yet. I think the baby had just got himself into a good position and was kicking in one place, and I practically did the crab to push it out but he felt a tiny tap 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you. I wouldn’t have booked if I had known but that teaches me for not looking into it. I’ll mention to my midwife as soon as I’m back in the country and go from there 🤗
quoting this from a few weeks back as I’ve just booked a work trip and realised after the country has risk of Zika 🫠 what did your midwife say?

I'm sick of catching colds now. This is my third since March and I'm struggling so much with it. I can taste and smell smokiness all the time despite never being around anyone who smokes. Driving me up the wall.

Also to add I haven't had any blood tests yet and my 12 week scan is next week. Can I expect to have them done then? I haven't heard from my midwife since my booking appointment at the end of March 😂

I'm sick of catching colds now. This is my third since March and I'm struggling so much with it. I can taste and smell smokiness all the time despite never being around anyone who smokes. Driving me up the wall.

Also to add I haven't had any blood tests yet and my 12 week scan is next week. Can I expect to have them done then? I haven't heard from my midwife since my booking appointment at the end of March 😂
It's usually booked or done at your booking appointment.
I'd give your midwife a call maybe?

Reactions: 1

I had my booking appointment over the phone at 8 weeks, then all bloods/measurements done at my actual 12 week hospital appointment. I think some hospitals have stuck with the Covid way of doing things!

Maybe I'm just being a sensitive Sally but does anyone find the further on they get in their pregnancy the more their friends have dropped off the radar? Almost 36 weeks now and whilst I'm not living it up at the weekend it's rare I'd even get a text to ask how I am or just general convo (swear I'm not a baby bore either lol) and there's only so much tryin to keep in contact I can do with them. Maybe I'm just overthinking it but it's just tit x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My booking appointment was a home visit 😂 maybe they do things differently in my area.
Mine was a phone call but they booked it in during my phone call and I had the blood tests a week later.
But my other 2 pregnancies, it was done at my booking appointment as they were Pre Covid.

I'd give your midwife a call just to make sure 😊

Sweep gate update… if anyone cares 🤣 I decided to have one. Cervix isn’t open yet so she couldn’t do one but cervix is apparently soft and baby’s head is right down. Booked in for another attempt on Saturday, then booked in for a pessary to begin induction on Monday. Has anyone experience of the pessary? They said all being well I should be able to have it and then come home which is promising! 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Sweep gate update… if anyone cares 🤣 I decided to have one. Cervix isn’t open yet so she couldn’t do one but cervix is apparently soft and baby’s head is right down. Booked in for another attempt on Saturday, then booked in for a pessary to begin induction on Monday. Has anyone experience of the pessary? They said all being well I should be able to have it and then come home which is promising! 🤞🏻
Snap with a sweep on Saturday and a pessary on Monday as an outpatient! Fingers crossed our sweeps get stuff moving, and if not that the induction works quickly!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Fingers crossed yours goes well on Saturday!
I had one today too, she said I was 1-2cm and managed to do it but also said because it’s my second baby it might just be it never fully closed, because she said it was still quite far back. Booked in for another next week but hoping I don’t make it!

• Heart
I've had the 24 hour pessary twice 😊
With my first pregnancy, I was 40+12 and it kick started labour and it progressed pretty quick so I didn't need the drip.
3rd time it kick starts the contractions and it was removed after about 15 hours because my waters started leaking. They left me from 8am to 4pm without anything whilst my contractions continued to walk about ect and then put me on the drip at 4pm 😊

• Heart
When do they normally give a sweep? My midwife says I’ll not get one till 40 weeks!

When do they normally give a sweep? My midwife says I’ll not get one till 40 weeks!
40 weeks usually. Some do it after 38 weeks but depends on circumstances.
Isn't much point in doing it any early as even at 40 weeks a lot of the time they can't do them and there's no sure way of knowing if they work or not. Some research has shown they only work if you were going to go into labour in the next few days anyway.
I've had 9 plus 2 failed and not a single one has worked 😂

Has anyone suffered from being anaemic whilst pregnant and any tips on dealing with symptoms and getting levels back up? I am 12 weeks and am completely debilitated by dizziness. GP and midwife said very likely low iron (waiting blood results).

Has anyone suffered from being anaemic whilst pregnant and any tips on dealing with symptoms and getting levels back up? I am 12 weeks and am completely debilitated by dizziness. GP and midwife said very likely low iron (waiting blood results).
I have low iron which I've struggled with most of my life. Just before finding out I was pregnant the doctor put me on Ferrous Fumarate (I've had sulphate in the past) neither agree with me so I don't really take the prescribed amount. I mentioned it to both my doctor and midwife and both told me to only take when I feel it's absolutely necessary so I haven't really been taking it much at all. I've had dizziness and bouts of feeling like I'm going to pass out, and as I've said above I haven't had bloods done recently so not sure where I am at the moment. I should probably get some regular iron supplements that aren't as strong as the ones I've been prescribed.

My other half has been force feeding me spinach and other green leafy vegetables so maybe try increasing those in your diet if you can.

Snap with a sweep on Saturday and a pessary on Monday as an outpatient! Fingers crossed our sweeps get stuff moving, and if not that the induction works quickly!
How odd… birthing twins? 🤣 I’ve definitely got everything crossed for us! Would be lovely to be straight forward, quick and easy! 🤞🏻

Fingers crossed yours goes well on Saturday!
I had one today too, she said I was 1-2cm and managed to do it but also said because it’s my second baby it might just be it never fully closed, because she said it was still quite far back. Booked in for another next week but hoping I don’t make it!
That’s really interesting, didn’t know that could happen! I hope you go before then too, it can be so long at the end can’t it 😩 Good luck!

I've had the 24 hour pessary twice 😊
With my first pregnancy, I was 40+12 and it kick started labour and it progressed pretty quick so I didn't need the drip.
3rd time it kick starts the contractions and it was removed after about 15 hours because my waters started leaking. They left me from 8am to 4pm without anything whilst my contractions continued to walk about ect and then put me on the drip at 4pm 😊
Thank you - that sounds promising! I would still love a water birth so hoping I need nothing further after the pessary but we will see!

Maybe I'm just being a sensitive Sally but does anyone find the further on they get in their pregnancy the more their friends have dropped off the radar? Almost 36 weeks now and whilst I'm not living it up at the weekend it's rare I'd even get a text to ask how I am or just general convo (swear I'm not a baby bore either lol) and there's only so much tryin to keep in contact I can do with them. Maybe I'm just overthinking it but it's just tit x
Absolutely!! My WhatsApp is full of blue ticks… I’m definitely being left on read. It’s annoying but I guess it makes you realise who your friends are. Hope you’re doing ok.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.