Pregnancy #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone long time no speak!

I won’t share my birth experience here as it was truly traumatising. But baby R arrived at midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning and we’re still in the hospital and may be for a while but completely in love and in awe of him.

Im so grateful for this thread and how kind and supportive everyone has been to me throughout the past 9 months. Good luck to all the expecting mummy’s, this feeling is indescribable ❤❤❤
Congratulations! If you feel you need it, access help from your Health Visitor to talk through your birth experience. they can refer you to talk to someone about it if you wish. You’ve done amazingly!! Take it slow xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone long time no speak!

I won’t share my birth experience here as it was truly traumatising. But baby R arrived at midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning and we’re still in the hospital and may be for a while but completely in love and in awe of him.

Im so grateful for this thread and how kind and supportive everyone has been to me throughout the past 9 months. Good luck to all the expecting mummy’s, this feeling is indescribable ❤❤❤
Congrats on your bundle of joy! I’m sorry your experience was traumatic, my birth experience a month ago was also pretty awful so sending you love and glad you’re both ok ❤

• Heart
Hi all, just looking for advice as all new to me. Did my referral to midwife. Unsure of how pregnant I am due to irregular periods. I could be 5-8 weeks. How long does it take for them to contact me to arrange an apt? Should I just call them or wait. Due to complex Medical history and having abdo pain (light cramps) I wanted to be seen to make sure everything is ok 😅

Hi all, just looking for advice as all new to me. Did my referral to midwife. Unsure of how pregnant I am due to irregular periods. I could be 5-8 weeks. How long does it take for them to contact me to arrange an apt? Should I just call them or wait. Due to complex Medical history and having abdo pain (light cramps) I wanted to be seen to make sure everything is ok 😅
It's different based on area. Mine don't contact you until 10 weeks.

Unfortunatley unless they refer you for an early scan, you won't know if everything is alright until your 12 week scan as there isn't anything the midwives can exactly check 😊
Your first appointment with them will be going through your medical history and the baby dad's medical history and things like that.

Your other option would be a private scan 😊

• Heart
It's different based on area. Mine don't contact you until 10 weeks.

Unfortunatley unless they refer you for an early scan, you won't know if everything is alright until your 12 week scan as there isn't anything the midwives can exactly check 😊
Your first appointment with them will be going through your medical history and the baby dad's medical history and things like that.

Your other option would be a private scan 😊
thanks so much for the reply! Is the period cramping pain normal in your experience 😅 I think il just book a private scan to be safe 😅

thanks so much for the reply! Is the period cramping pain normal in your experience 😅 I think il just book a private scan to be safe 😅
Congrats! Yes, I had what I would call moderate period pains and sharp pains on one side (the side I ovulated from). I also had a private scan at 7 weeks to be safe. Within a few days of self referring at the hospital I got an info pack through which had contact information on for the early pregnancy unit so if you have concerns maybe see if the hospital you want to give birth at has a helpline for early pregnancy?

• Heart
Congrats! Yes, I had what I would call moderate period pains and sharp pains on one side (the side I ovulated from). I also had a private scan at 7 weeks to be safe. Within a few days of self referring at the hospital I got an info pack through which had contact information on for the early pregnancy unit so if you have concerns maybe see if the hospital you want to give birth at has a helpline for early pregnancy?
I went onto their online chat just to say it to them so il wait to see what they say back! Have my early scan booked now anyways! Thanks so much ❤❤

I rang the hospital at 4 weeks to be told to ring back at 6 weeks which I did and was told I’d get a call back because there were no midwives there at the moment, that was 2 weeks ago and hadn’t heard anything so I’m over 8 weeks now so I just rang and was put straight through to the midwife that covers my area and she was shocked I hadn’t been put through or heard anything back already so booked me an appointment for tomorrow to have my bloods! So stressful🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I rang the hospital at 4 weeks to be told to ring back at 6 weeks which I did and was told I’d get a call back because there were no midwives there at the moment, that was 2 weeks ago and hadn’t heard anything so I’m over 8 weeks now so I just rang and was put straight through to the midwife that covers my area and she was shocked I hadn’t been put through or heard anything back already so booked me an appointment for tomorrow to have my bloods! So stressful🤦🏻‍♀️
Try not to worry too much, in my area you don’t get anything back until 8 weeks and then they do bloods at 10 weeks, so shouldn’t be too much of an issue! X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend any big black pants for me to buy? I’m trying to stock up on all my post birth bits. There was nothing in stock in my local primark or Asda. Happy to purchase from anywhere but find it so hard to judge online if they’re big enough🤣 so looking for any good recommendations 🙂

Can anyone recommend any big black pants for me to buy? I’m trying to stock up on all my post birth bits. There was nothing in stock in my local primark or Asda. Happy to purchase from anywhere but find it so hard to judge online if they’re big enough🤣 so looking for any good recommendations 🙂
I just got primark briefs but 3 sizes too big, rather than any specific type of postpartum pants, they went up to my bellybutton and I wore them until my first was 18 months as they were so comfy 😂

I have some big knickers (in black and assorted colours) from Next that I love - I was wearing them anyway pre-pregnancy because I'm bigger and prefer high-waisted (midi) knickers, and then I've bought them in bigger sizes during pregnancy as I've grown. I also got a pack of black high-waisted knickers from Sainsbury's for the immediate days after giving birth as they were cheaper and I was thinking they might need to be thrown out depending on how things go 😂

The Next ones are here: https://www.next.co.uk/style/st174329/190187#190187

Still here and still pregnant! 😩 40+2. I have a check tomorrow and I’m still debating whether or not to have a sweep. Sigh!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Still here and still pregnant! 😩 40+2. I have a check tomorrow and I’m still debating whether or not to have a sweep. Sigh!
I feel your pain (41+1)!! I had an attempted sweep last week, and an actual sweep yesterday, so if I can be of any help in making a decision let me know!

I had my final growth scan today and baby is measuring 8lb 15oz...R.I.P. to my vagina 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I bought the Asda maternity ones online, they’re brilliant. I went one size up xx

Try not to worry too much, in my area you don’t get anything back until 8 weeks and then they do bloods at 10 weeks, so shouldn’t be too much of an issue! X
Thanks, I was just getting stressed because I hadn’t even been put through to the midwife department at all only the hospital receptionist who took my number and must not have given it to the midwife department so it’s a good job I rang because I probably would never have got a call back😆

• Heart
I feel your pain (41+1)!! I had an attempted sweep last week, and an actual sweep yesterday, so if I can be of any help in making a decision let me know!

I had my final growth scan today and baby is measuring 8lb 15oz...R.I.P. to my vagina 🤣
Thank you! I had 4 in my last pregnancy and they did absolutely nothing for me so I was reluctant to have one this time round, however I’m at that point now where I’m so ready for baby to arrive that I’ll take anything! However speaking to my friend who’s currently training to be a midwife has put me off again as she said it can trick your body into false labour and cause complications - now I’m wondering whether this was why I had such an awful birth experience last time! Not sure what to do. Have you felt any pains/progress since having yours?
Why are these last few days/weeks always SO slow!? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank you! I had 4 in my last pregnancy and they did absolutely nothing for me so I was reluctant to have one this time round, however I’m at that point now where I’m so ready for baby to arrive that I’ll take anything! However speaking to my friend who’s currently training to be a midwife has put me off again as she said it can trick your body into false labour and cause complications - now I’m wondering whether this was why I had such an awful birth experience last time! Not sure what to do. Have you felt any pains/progress since having yours?
I’ll be 40 weeks tomorrow and am booked in to see my midwife, also in two minds about a sweep. I had two with my last pregnancy and went into labour the day after the second, but my current midwife said she doesn’t really think they work unless your body was prepping to go into labour anyway. Very ready for baby though so may end up doing it!

I had some period-like pains last night, and then nothing today until about an hour ago when I started getting period-like feelings again. I'm keen to avoid induction if possible so I'm happy to keep having sweeps in the meantime in case they trigger something, as I'm sure an induction will be more uncomfortable and a much more frustrating process!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.