Pregnancy #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
40+6 today and still no sign of labour starting 🥲 I've got a midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon and she's planning to attempt a sweep again so fingers crossed she can properly reach my cervix this time, and that her examination shows that all the bouncing/curries/sex have made my cervix soften and move down more!!🤞 I hope everyone else due around now is doing ok!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
40+6 today and still no sign of labour starting 🥲 I've got a midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon and she's planning to attempt a sweep again so fingers crossed she can properly reach my cervix this time, and that her examination shows that all the bouncing/curries/sex have made my cervix soften and move down more!!🤞 I hope everyone else due around now is doing ok!
Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how it goes!
My mild contractions completely stopped mid morning and there’s been zero movement since so I’ve come to the conclusion this baby is just never going to be born 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had my first go ‘harvesting colostrum’ (the phrase gives me the ick!!) at 39 weeks. Wish I’d done it before now as I got a full syringe. I suppose you don’t need much though? I’d never heard of it when I was pregnant first time.

Reactions: 1
Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how it goes!
My mild contractions completely stopped mid morning and there’s been zero movement since so I’ve come to the conclusion this baby is just never going to be born 😂
Thank you! Oh how frustrating - it honestly starts to feel like things will never get going and that having a baby is just a dream! I hope we both start feeling proper contractions soon!!
---
Had my first go ‘harvesting colostrum’ (the phrase gives me the ick!!) at 39 weeks. Wish I’d done it before now as I got a full syringe. I suppose you don’t need much though? I’d never heard of it when I was pregnant first time.
My midwife said that newborns have such small stomachs that 0.2ml is enough for a feed initially, so having a whole 1ml syringe is great! I think I've got about 10 syringes in the freezer that vary between a few drops and 0.4 - 0.5ml, but it could be that they don't get used if baby latches happily straightaway. It's helpful to have if you can collect it but not essential 🙂

Reactions: 2
What is people's opinions on working night shift when pregnant? I've done some research online and well, you can probably imagine some of the horrors I've read. I'm going to speak to my boss and ask for least amount of night shifts as possible for the next rota. I'm currently working night shift now and I just feel so unwell.

Well done! I didn’t do it at all for my first pregnancy as it wasn’t mentioned to me, have done it this time whenever I can and have about 5 syringes. Thinking in case anything happened where I couldn’t feed or baby wouldn’t latch, but then if they’re not needed initially colostrum is meant to be amazing for them later on (eg if they’re poorly or whatever)

I am being monitored as I have Gestational Diabetes, so having more frequent scans - at the scan 4 weeks ago baby was on the 50th centile, at todays scan baby had dropped to 38th centile. Baby was also breach. Due to the drop I have to go back in 2 weeks for a re-scan.

I have been taking 2 metformin with evening meal since I was about 10 weeks pregnant, I am now 30 weeks and I have just been upped to 3 tablets.

Is it quite common for baby's to drop centiles when on metformin? I seem to read this quite often. I am really hoping that baby being breach is a factor in the drop in centile (in that the couldn't measure accurately) Any advice / reassurance greatly received.

Induction date given today for 22nd May... can't believe another few weeks and baby will be here! Hope everyone doing OK on their journey 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Had an awful consult call on Friday - she wasn't my regular and basically made me feel as though it was my fault that baby is measuring large or 'off the charts' as she so tactlessly put it.
Spoke to my midwife today and she made me feel much better, and I think I'm going to be booked for an induction on the 2nd June / 39 weeks on the dot.
I feel better having a bit of a plan of action now, and I'll be doing all I can to induce labour naturally too, so if anyone has any tips that helped them, please let me know 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had an awful consult call on Friday - she wasn't my regular and basically made me feel as though it was my fault that baby is measuring large or 'off the charts' as she so tactlessly put it.
Spoke to my midwife today and she made me feel much better, and I think I'm going to be booked for an induction on the 2nd June / 39 weeks on the dot.
I feel better having a bit of a plan of action now, and I'll be doing all I can to induce labour naturally too, so if anyone has any tips that helped them, please let me know 😅
I've been told raspberry leaf tea is brilliant for helping to induce naturally, I am taking it the past week or so in the hope that it works! X

• Heart
I've been having pains in my stomach today and quite low down sometimes too. I think it's trapped wind but my anxiety is getting the better of me. My 12 week scan next week can't come around quick enough 😞
I had similar around the same time and I think it was just trapped wind or something. I’m now 15 weeks and not having that sensation anymore - haven’t had it for a few weeks actually. You will feel a lot better after the 12 week scan, not too long to wait now! x

• Heart
Hi all - has anyone been diagnosed with low PAPP-A hormone during their combined blood screening? Had a call from the hospital/midwife and not sure how concerned to be. My anxiety is already sky high as this is my first pregnancy after 2 losses. Currently 14w4d

Sorry your call was awful, I had raspberry tea almost daily from 39 weeks and contractions started 39+6 and she was born 40+3.

• Heart
It makes such a difference when you have a consultant who speaks well and respectfully. I had an appointment today and she was lovely. My previous appointment with a male consultant was like he couldn’t be bothered and he just spoke at me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Is there any type of raspberry leaf tea you are supposed to drink?! I’ve absolutely no idea what to buy haha

My midwife appointment today went well - she had another go at a sweep and was able to complete it this time, and said my cervix is starting to move forward and is softer than last week, and I'm 1cm dilated. I'm booked for another sweep on Saturday, and if there's still nothing happening I'm booked to start the induction process on Monday (41+6). I've been feeling quite uncomfortable and had some period-like feelings since the sweep which she said is normal, and I'm hoping they'll progress into something more soon! 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What is people's opinions on working night shift when pregnant? I've done some research online and well, you can probably imagine some of the horrors I've read. I'm going to speak to my boss and ask for least amount of night shifts as possible for the next rota. I'm currently working night shift now and I just feel so unwell.
It seems to be working a but better for me tbh. Where I work the duties are lighter at night and I'm finding I'm ending up sore quite early into a day shift. I hadn't worked nights in 4 years until right after I found out. I struggled during first trimester but since it's been fine, the only problem is my sleeping pattern gets ruined 🤣

Hi everyone long time no speak!

I won’t share my birth experience here as it was truly traumatising. But baby R arrived at midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning and we’re still in the hospital and may be for a while but completely in love and in awe of him.

Im so grateful for this thread and how kind and supportive everyone has been to me throughout the past 9 months. Good luck to all the expecting mummy’s, this feeling is indescribable ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hi everyone long time no speak!

I won’t share my birth experience here as it was truly traumatising. But baby R arrived at midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning and we’re still in the hospital and may be for a while but completely in love and in awe of him.

Im so grateful for this thread and how kind and supportive everyone has been to me throughout the past 9 months. Good luck to all the expecting mummy’s, this feeling is indescribable ❤❤❤
Congratulations!! 🎉 Sorry the birth was so difficult, I hope in time you'll have the space and support to process it but in the meantime enjoy getting to know your gorgeous baby and hopefully you can have lots of cuddles with him soon if you can't already ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.