Pregnancy #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes I think friends who haven’t been pregnant don’t get how much it means to check in, or appreciate how difficult and emotional pregnancy can be. I was upset a few months back by the radio silence from my friends.

Reactions: 11
I worry about this also. My friends don't know I'm pregnant yet and not many of them have children (I only have one or two friends who have children) and they are super busy with their own lives as it is so a lot of them may very well fall of the face of the earth once I have the baby, although I hope that's not going to be the case. At the moment my husband is trying to sort out a meal out so that we can tell them and none of them are free this month 🙈😂

Sometimes I think friends who haven’t been pregnant don’t get how much it means to check in, or appreciate how difficult and emotional pregnancy can be. I was upset a few months back by the radio silence from my friends.
Agree, 2 of my friends were pregnant 2 years ago and I never realised what they went through, so I’m so glad they are there for me because they understand!

Reactions: 6
I found this with my first pregnancy but even more so with the second. It really upset me in my first pregnancy as I felt very lonely but in my second I’ve focused my energy into the friends who have checked in and haven’t chased the ones who have left me on read/not bothered to message. I’m not being vindictive, once they have children they will likely change their minds and if it’s appropriate I’ll happily come back into their lives but it’s not worth my time or energy now. I’ve also found that when you have a baby, you make lots of new friends with other mums. Some of my best friends now are the ones I bet at baby groups with my first child

Reactions: 8
quoting this from a few weeks back as I’ve just booked a work trip and realised after the country has risk of Zika 🫠 what did your midwife say?
I basically found out while I was on holiday that we probably/maybe shouldn’t have been there. Came back and had a midwife appointment on the second day back in the country (early apr) - mentioned it then but she really didn’t seem bothered about it. Heard nothing so presumed not much to worry about and then had a phone call about a week and a half ago saying not too worried but I’d have an extra scan at 28 weeks (I was 18weeks at that point). But much to my shock I had a phone call the next day from my local hospital wanting to growth scan me that day. Not sure why they did this as a bit early to growth scan normally. But went in at 18wks, everything looked as should then and they told me to keep my original 20wk appt which I have and they’ll measure my growth then. I’m not too sure as to whether I still have to go in at 28 weeks but everything looks and is ok so far - they’re only looking at size of baby’s head as that’s the main concern with Zika.

Reactions: 3
I basically found out while I was on holiday that we probably/maybe shouldn’t have been there. Came back and had a midwife appointment on the second day back in the country (early apr) - mentioned it then but she really didn’t seem bothered about it. Heard nothing so presumed not much to worry about and then had a phone call about a week and a half ago saying not too worried but I’d have an extra scan at 28 weeks (I was 18weeks at that point). But much to my shock I had a phone call the next day from my local hospital wanting to growth scan me that day. Not sure why they did this as a bit early to growth scan normally. But went in at 18wks, everything looked as should then and they told me to keep my original 20wk appt which I have and they’ll measure my growth then. I’m not too sure as to whether I still have to go in at 28 weeks but everything looks and is ok so far - they’re only looking at size of baby’s head as that’s the main concern with Zika.
thanks so much for replying 😊 all the best for you and your bubba. I always get bitten to death by mosquitos so will be taking a lot of repellent and covering up 😅

thanks so much for replying 😊 all the best for you and your bubba. I always get bitten to death by mosquitos so will be taking a lot of repellent and covering up 😅
Yep, if I did have to go again, I’d be covering up/covering myself in repellent and just being extra cautious. Where abouts are you headed off too?

41+3 today and no sign of any movement whatsoever 🙃 my window for going into natural labour and being able to give birth at the lovely midwife-led birth centre close to home is closing rapidly so I guess I'd better say goodbye to that hope and prepare for a potentially long induction at the hospital 15 miles away next week....bugger!! People have started messaging with suggestions of how to induce labour and I'm swinging between feeling like I'm not doing enough, and feeling stressed that all my thoughts are about trying to get him out! I think I'll just relax this afternoon with some occasional birth ball bouncing and hope that feeling chilled out helps!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
41+3 today and no sign of any movement whatsoever 🙃 my window for going into natural labour and being able to give birth at the lovely midwife-led birth centre close to home is closing rapidly so I guess I'd better say goodbye to that hope and prepare for a potentially long induction at the hospital 15 miles away next week....bugger!! People have started messaging with suggestions of how to induce labour and I'm swinging between feeling like I'm not doing enough, and feeling stressed that all my thoughts are about trying to get him out! I think I'll just relax this afternoon with some occasional birth ball bouncing and hope that feeling chilled out helps!
Don’t rush him out 🥰 even if you are induced it doesn’t have to be a long process!

I felt bad for desperately trying to evict my Little miss, but it was getting so boring waiting! Absolutely terrible reason I know! 🤣

hopefully he will start to feel curious about life beyond the womb and start his exit soon! Thinking of you!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh lovely, it’s such a difficult time. I know the mixed feelings you’re having, it’s so tough and I think women aren’t given enough credit for having these conflicting emotions when pregnant. Easier said than done but don’t write off the possibility of going into natural labour! You still have a good few days yet and at your sweep tomorrow they may turn around and say all is progressing! Keep those oxytocin levels high today and keep positive! I’m thinking of you 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh lovely, it’s such a difficult time. I know the mixed feelings you’re having, it’s so tough and I think women aren’t given enough credit for having these conflicting emotions when pregnant. Easier said than done but don’t write off the possibility of going into natural labour! You still have a good few days yet and at your sweep tomorrow they may turn around and say all is progressing! Keep those oxytocin levels high today and keep positive! I’m thinking of you 🤍
Thank you ❤ I'm usually fairly calm and level-headed but it's been getting to me a bit these past few days as I've been worried that people think that him not arriving yet is because I'm not doing enough to get him out! Obviously my hormones are just toying with my emotions but it's tricky! Fingers crossed for both of us that labour finally starts soon - and if not, at least we know we'll meet our babies soon thanks to being induced!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you ❤ I'm usually fairly calm and level-headed but it's been getting to me a bit these past few days as I've been worried that people think that him not arriving yet is because I'm not doing enough to get him out! Obviously my hormones are just toying with my emotions but it's tricky! Fingers crossed for both of us that labour finally starts soon - and if not, at least we know we'll meet our babies soon thanks to being induced!
I’m the same so you’re not alone! I’m really hormonal the past few days and also keep trying to quickly get rid of thoughts that keep popping into my head, such as ‘Why isn’t my body doing what it’s supposed to’, as I know it’s ridiculous, but you still get emotional. Absolutely - think of the end product for us 🥰 whatever happens, quick or not, induction or natural, this time next week we should be sitting in (sleep deprived 🤣) newborn baby heaven!

• Heart
My first was two weeks over! I think they’re just so comfy and content in there. I’m due on Monday and for the past 2 weeks I’ve been thinking ‘is this labour starting??’ And no. 🤨

• Heart
Maybe I'm just being a sensitive Sally but does anyone find the further on they get in their pregnancy the more their friends have dropped off the radar? Almost 36 weeks now and whilst I'm not living it up at the weekend it's rare I'd even get a text to ask how I am or just general convo (swear I'm not a baby bore either lol) and there's only so much tryin to keep in contact I can do with them. Maybe I'm just overthinking it but it's just tit x
Yep I feel this. I’m particularly upset as I asked my best friend in January if she wouldn’t mind organising a baby shower for me, I’m terrible at organising things and I’ve got baby to sort and also a wedding to plan too. I didn’t want anything fancy just a nice brunch with all our local friends. I haven’t heard anything and probably too late to organise something now as I know people have lives! Just disappointed that no one has thought of me. Luckily I’ve got another group of friends who have organised something so I am very grateful for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yep I feel this. I’m particularly upset as I asked my best friend in January if she wouldn’t mind organising a baby shower for me, I’m terrible at organising things and I’ve got baby to sort and also a wedding to plan too. I didn’t want anything fancy just a nice brunch with all our local friends. I haven’t heard anything and probably too late to organise something now as I know people have lives! Just disappointed that no one has thought of me. Luckily I’ve got another group of friends who have organised something so I am very grateful for that.
Yeah my other half told a few of my friends when he was asked that whilst I didn't want a baby shower I'd be up for going out for something to eat and a catch up but nothing has ever even mentioned since at at this stage I don't envisage it will be lol! 🙈 I'm aware I probably sound really petty and first world problems and all that jazz but we all have kids and I've never missed attending anything for them when they were pregnant - hell, even a text would suffice lol. however on the upside I have had kindness from the most unexpected of places which means a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m pretty friendless. We moved to a new city a few years ago and I’ve only managed to make friends with my neighbours, and even then it took until January to go round for drinks. I do have my sister, an WhatsApp group who I never see and acquaintances I talk to at work but that’s about it. I’m quite introverted so find it hard to make connections as I seem naturally compelled to be in my own company. I’m hoping there’ll be some baby groups I can join so I can start to talk to people but I’ve never really fit in to social situations and I seem to grow distant to those I do make friends with!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m pretty friendless. We moved to a new city a few years ago and I’ve only managed to make friends with my neighbours, and even then it took until January to go round for drinks. I do have my sister, an WhatsApp group who I never see and acquaintances I talk to at work but that’s about it. I’m quite introverted so find it hard to make connections as I seem naturally compelled to be in my own company. I’m hoping there’ll be some baby groups I can join so I can start to talk to people but I’ve never really fit in to social situations and I seem to grow distant to those I do make friends with!
It’s definitely tricky to make friends as an adult and I imagine even more so finding people who understand new mum life!
I keep seeing ads for the peanut app which is like a friends version of a dating app for mums 😅, might be worth a look?

It’s definitely tricky to make friends as an adult and I imagine even more so finding people who understand new mum life!
I keep seeing ads for the peanut app which is like a friends version of a dating app for mums 😅, might be worth a look?
I'm.on peanut and it's like any social thing you get weirdos but I have been chatting to a couple of local mums to be and am meeting up with them soon for a coffee and chat. No harm in trying it!

I need to ask a really silly question please! This evening I've had times when it's felt like the baby is pushing outwards against my stomach and it's made my whole stomach feel really firm and tense - each time it's made me go "oooh!" and has been uncomfortable but not painful. I'd assumed this was just baby shifting his bum around combined with my digestion working overtime after a meat feast pizza 😂 but then it occurred to me that I don't actually know what contractions feel like! For people who've been in labour before - does this sound at all like early contractions, or would I definitely know/be in pain if they were contractions?!

I need to ask a really silly question please! This evening I've had times when it's felt like the baby is pushing outwards against my stomach and it's made my whole stomach feel really firm and tense - each time it's made me go "oooh!" and has been uncomfortable but not painful. I'd assumed this was just baby shifting his bum around combined with my digestion working overtime after a meat feast pizza 😂 but then it occurred to me that I don't actually know what contractions feel like! For people who've been in labour before - does this sound at all like early contractions, or would I definitely know/be in pain if they were contractions?!
Could be! Mine were slightly lower than my stomach- think period type cramps but more of a pulsating? Initially they didn’t hurt hurt really and it was kind of like “ok that’s a weird feeling”. I didn’t get braxton hicks much but is it possibly that, as they’re not meant to hurt? Although maybe they’re contractions and you’re one of the lucky ones that don’t hurt 😂

my bump did feel quite “tight” later on but it wasn’t like contractions. Let us know how you get on!

PS it’s not silly- I got to 4cm with no pain and asked the midwife dead seriously if I could do the next 4cm with none and she looked at me like I had two heads 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.