Pregnancy #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good luck! I was exactly the same as you except 40 weeks, midwife couldn’t reach my cervix then the next morning my waters broke!
---

My mum came with me to the appointments, or when she couldn’t my other half came and he went to the early scans.

I used to see people waiting alone, with mums and partners there so it’s just whatever you feel comfortable with. I regularly faint when having blood taken so was always supervised 😂
Thank you! That'd be ideal, but I'm bracing myself for several more days of waiting just in case!

With my first my husband came to the first midwife appointment and to the one where we discussed the birth plan, he also came to both my scans and to my glucose test. However this time around he’s only come to the scans as honestly the midwife appointments aren’t really for him. I don’t know what anyone else’s midwife is like either but mine was very keen to make sure everything was okay at home/I was happy, which I don’t think she would’ve been able to ask comfortably had he been there
My midwife asks this too, if i fear for my safety, if I’m safe at home etc.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know how to read your urine test results to see if you have high protein in it?
I can’t find any charts or explanation online and would like to know whether it’s present or not

Does anyone know how to read your urine test results to see if you have high protein in it?
I can’t find any charts or explanation online and would like to know whether it’s present or not
The test strips should come with a chart? As I don't think they're all the same

Ah I gave my sample to the midwife at my 12 week appointment. The results have appeared on my NHS app as a number.
I'd imagine that if anything concerning (e.g. high protein) was present you'd have been contacted rather than just having results appear on the app? Anything concerning would require further investigation/treatment so if you haven't been contacted directly I wouldn't worry 🙂

Reactions: 3
Ah I gave my sample to the midwife at my 12 week appointment. The results have appeared on my NHS app as a number.
I agree with @Pontiac_Bandit that they'd have contacted you if there was anything.
If the midwife checked them at your appointment, she would have also said so there too

Any tips for pregnancy fatigue? I thought it would get better after 12 weeks but I’m really struggling at 14 weeks. I’m so behind at work and I’m going to bed early but feel exhausted even if I have a good sleep. I’m probably not eating as well as I could but I’m too tired to cook properly of an evening. I also have a 3 year old to look after. I remember the fatigue being insane last time but can’t remember when it wore off!

• Heart
Any tips for pregnancy fatigue? I thought it would get better after 12 weeks but I’m really struggling at 14 weeks. I’m so behind at work and I’m going to bed early but feel exhausted even if I have a good sleep. I’m probably not eating as well as I could but I’m too tired to cook properly of an evening. I also have a 3 year old to look after. I remember the fatigue being insane last time but can’t remember when it wore off!
How are your B12 and iron levels? Vitamin C can help you to absorb iron too.

I'm 26 weeks also have 3 yo and I don't think I've ever got energy 🤣 I was the same the last time too. Definitely worse this time though but I think part if it is having to keep up with my daughter!

Reactions: 2
How are your B12 and iron levels? Vitamin C can help you to absorb iron too.
No idea! I’m taking pregnacare vitamins every day but not really eating enough fruit and veg- will have to force myself.

I'm 26 weeks also have 3 yo and I don't think I've ever got energy 🤣 I was the same the last time too. Definitely worse this time though but I think part if it is having to keep up with my daughter!
You’re right it’s probably due to the 3 year old 🤣🤣 it’s like brain fog though. Struggling to function!

I’ve been offered an induction tomorrow morning as I’ve gone in for low movement. I’m panicking a bit now as I’ve said I’d be happy to be induced but now I’m not sure :( anyone got positive induction stories? Im just worried it’s not necessary and might cause baby distress

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been offered an induction tomorrow morning as I’ve gone in for low movement. I’m panicking a bit now as I’ve said I’d be happy to be induced but now I’m not sure :( anyone got positive induction stories? Im just worried it’s not necessary and might cause baby distress
No experience but I just wanted to say I hope you're doing ok ❤ can you talk to the medical staff about the potential risks of induction versus the risk of leaving baby inside when there are reduced movements? Everything carries a small risk of some type but it might be good to weigh up the compared risks of doing nothing versus doing something as getting the facts might help you make a decision you feel happy with 🙂

I can give you mine. Popping it behind a spoiler in case no one wants to read it! With baby no 2 I consider it a positive birth story because I got what I wanted 🥰

good luck to you whatever you decide
so first I will say that I have been induced twice, first time not a good experience so just to 2) if you’re not interested!

Baby 1) the first time my waters had broken on the Saturday and it didn’t start my labour so they wanted to induce me. The induction happened really quickly but I don’t remember timings, I just remember that they were really happy with how quickly I progressed and I got to 10cm. I did get put on the drip and I got an epidural. I didn’t know about keeping active during labour and when I got the epidural it freaked me out a bit as it brought back some bad feelings around when I broke my leg a couple of years prior. They seemed to think the baby was back to back. I couldn’t feel my contractions and I couldn’t work out how to push. Big clash of personalities between me and the midwife which also didn’t help… they only gave me a short window to push in then called the doctors in who said the baby was at an awkward angle and they didn’t think they’d be able to get her with forceps or ventouse and so I had to agree to an emcs. I was so upset initially and I blamed the MW mostly because she was quite pig headed about the fact she believed baby wouldn’t come out vaginally due to being B2B (honestly B2B was NOT the issue, the weird angle was! Baby no 2 was also B2B). Now, having spoken to others and read other peoples stories it is really common for babies to be at awkward angles and that’s the key reason we didn’t progress although I also didn’t like not being able to feel my contractions or being able to push - but I also now know that not every is affected in the same way!

Baby 2) I had my waters broken at 5pm on the Wednesday as my induction (rather than gel/pessary/balloon) as I was already 3cm dilated and cervix favourable. It did start my labour but I didn’t progress fast enough for them to be happy with it so they put me on the drip to speed things up. The drip is really intense. Due to my experience with the epidural the first time round I did not want an epidural and refused it. Baby #2 arrived at 4:35am on the Thursday via “normal vaginal birth”

I would ask them to examine you first if they haven’t already (if you’re happy with VEs) and find out if you’re dilated/how your cervix is etc as you could avoid the gels and pessary and get your waters broken instead.

I know I’ve gone in on epidurals here but as I say I think it effects everyone differently- for me it wasn’t the right choice. It could work differently for you!

also for loads of people they get induced but don’t get put on the drip. It’s all a bit of a gamble tbh.

• Heart
I've had 3 inductions, first one only needed pessary, the second and 3rd I had a pessary and then drip.
Didn't have any issues with any of them relating to the induction and no assisted delivery ect 😊
If I were to have a 4th and needed an induction, I'd gladly choose one again

• Heart
how many weeks are you?

remember you are in control and if you don’t feel happy, please ask them to explain their recommendation and help you make an informed choice once you’ve been able to weigh Up the benefits and the risks.

I know quite a few ladies on here that have had really positive induction experiences - I was dead against induction when I first found out I was pregnant, but I think I’dtake it now if offered as I’ve heard more positive stories.

• Heart
Thanks all ❤
I’m 40+3. Im on the induction ward now and they’re monitoring baby. Said I could be here for up to 72 hours 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No idea! I’m taking pregnacare vitamins every day but not really eating enough fruit and veg- will have to force myself.

You’re right it’s probably due to the 3 year old 🤣🤣 it’s like brain fog though. Struggling to function!
I found I had the worst baby brain from about 12 weeks this time round but its definitely eased up a bit! Hope you're feeling better soon 💕

• Heart
I was sort of induced and didn’t have an easy birth (nothing to do with being induced) but they popped my waters (my rear ones had already gone) and warned me I might have to have an oxytocin drip which I didn’t, and it went quickly after that and baby was absolutely fine, other than her head getting stuck 😂🤷‍♀️ again, not to do with the induction though, they’ll probs monitor baba a fair bit to give you peace of mind.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.