Pregnancy #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! At the age of 38. Talk about getting 2 for 1!! Here’s me not believing I’m pregnant for the last 8 weeks 😆 They are non-identical and I was told that’s lower risk so I’m relieved about that. Just waiting for my bloods to come back in a few days to check them both for DS etc. I’m already a big girl as well 🙈 a bit panicky about how large I’ll be in a few months time.
You're so lucky to have not had many symptoms either considering you're having twins! Amazing! I was SO sick with my daughter but no sickness in this pregnancy so far and I'm 8+3 today. Will you be finding out their genders or keeping it a surprise? So happy for you :)

You're so lucky to have not had many symptoms either considering you're having twins! Amazing! I was SO sick with my daughter but no sickness in this pregnancy so far and I'm 8+3 today. Will you be finding out their genders or keeping it a surprise? So happy for you :)
I guess I have had symptoms but just nausea and tiredness, no throwing up though. I don’t have anything to compare it with, as it’s my first, so maybe it was quite bad at some points but I definitely feel better now that the 12 weeks have passed. It’s so amazing how we’re all very different isn’t it? Hope you get on ok!

I think I want a surprise!

Reactions: 2
I’m 17+2 and think I might have been feeling baby move the last few days. It just feels like a tapping feeling below my bellybutton, not the flutters that everyone else seems to describe. Maybe it’s just trapped wind 😅
this is what mine was like around the same time! Felt like someone flicking or tapping my insides below my belly button! I was convinced it couldn’t be kicks as it was so early on but it just got stronger over the weeks and more obvious

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This is me today 🤣 just got off my ball after bouncing for over an hour and now I can’t walk!!!
39+1 here and no twinges or aches at ALL…. there’s still time I know but I envisioned not making my due date with this one after getting to 42 weeks last time! Feeling all of your pain ladies! Manifesting quick labours for us all 🤍

Reactions: 3
I’m 40 weeks no baby yet and haven’t got out bed today because I feel miserable about it :( if this goes on for much longer I think I’ll lose it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone had bad back ache in upper back and their sides? I've been struggling to sleep on my sides for any lengthy period of time because of it for almost a week now. I'm sure it's just aches and pains from growing but it's driving me nuts. Is it worth even bothering contacting a GP about it?

I’m 38 weeks, and now and again I thought my body was getting ready - tightenings and some period-like pain, bit of lower back pain. But nothing.

I was 2 weeks over for my first and I really don’t want to go over this time. I’m just bored of being pregnant!
Yes I was the same! I was early with my first though so kind of took for granted that I would be with this one but lots of people have said that’s not really how it works😅

Congratulations to those who have had their babies recently, congratulations to the twin mama and good luck to those waiting to go into labour! Very exciting times for everyone!

Just wanted to ask if anyone's symptoms changed during the first trimester? I've gone from feeling nauseous, dizzy and exhausted to having dry mouth to the point nothing will quench my thirst, still exhausted but having small bursts of energy throughout the day and when I'm asleep my legs go numb 🙈 just wondering if any of this is normal. I've got my 12 week scan in two weeks and I can't wait. Seems to be dragging so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
38 weeks and midwife said babies head isn’t right down quite yet. She also said baby isn’t quite back to back but ideally not in the correct position. Second baby and by now I’d already had my first. Does anyone have any tips to get baby to move and get the head further down? She said if undelivered in 2 weeks I may not be able to have a sweep either unless the head is further down.

Congratulations to those who have had their babies recently, congratulations to the twin mama and good luck to those waiting to go into labour! Very exciting times for everyone!

Just wanted to ask if anyone's symptoms changed during the first trimester? I've gone from feeling nauseous, dizzy and exhausted to having dry mouth to the point nothing will quench my thirst, still exhausted but having small bursts of energy throughout the day and when I'm asleep my legs go numb 🙈 just wondering if any of this is normal. I've got my 12 week scan in two weeks and I can't wait. Seems to be dragging so much!
Very normal. Especially as you head towards you second trimester as your placenta starts to take over

• Heart
38 weeks and midwife said babies head isn’t right down quite yet. She also said baby isn’t quite back to back but ideally not in the correct position. Second baby and by now I’d already had my first. Does anyone have any tips to get baby to move and get the head further down? She said if undelivered in 2 weeks I may not be able to have a sweep either unless the head is further down.
Bouncing on an exercise ball is good for getting baby into position, as is walking (although walking is a no go for me currently). Also certain yoga poses are good for getting a back to back baby in the right position, such as downward dog and the cow position. Good luck

Bouncing on an exercise ball is good for getting baby into position, as is walking (although walking is a no go for me currently). Also certain yoga poses are good for getting a back to back baby in the right position, such as downward dog and the cow position. Good luck
Thank you I’ve just picked up a birthing ball at Argos. I walk my dogs everyday but will try using the ball too. She said baby isn’t quite back to back but does need to come round a wee bit still. God I’m so over being pregnant 🤪😂

Google how to do forward inversions. Try to be in open positions as much as possible - like all 4. Think hands and knees cleaning all your floors in your house ha ha. My 2nd was Breech at 38 weeks but turned himself from me relentlessly being in those positions.

Thank you I’ve just picked up a birthing ball at Argos. I walk my dogs everyday but will try using the ball too. She said baby isn’t quite back to back but does need to come round a wee bit still. God I’m so over being pregnant 🤪😂
Have a look at spinning babies website 😊

This was my experience with my second he was transverse until 36 weeks then awkward position until 39 weeks. I did lots of cat cows to swing him round to out of the semi back to back position and lots of ball bouncing. He wasn’t engaged at all at my 39 week growth scan but I went into spontaneous labour at 40+2. I never once felt like he was engaged but had a two hour labour.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This was my experience with my second he was transverse until 36 weeks then awkward position until 39 weeks. I did lots of cat cows to swing him round to out of the semi back to back position and lots of ball bouncing. He wasn’t engaged at all at my 39 week growth scan but I went into spontaneous labour at 40+2. I never once felt like he was engaged but had a two hour labour.
This gives me hope!! I’ll get on my ball and get bouncing 🤣

Well I’ve just had the biggest shock of my life. The sonographer said she could see two heads 😂 I’m having twins! I’m absolutely shell-shocked
Omg such a shock I’m sure but how lovely 🥰🥰
---
We got home today! The ward staff were so lovely and helpful but I just had such a rubbish sleep last night I was determined to be in my own bed tonight. I’m in baby bubble heaven. Going to transition over to the newborn thread but this thread has been so helpful and a safe place to vent over the last nine months. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their wee bundles of joy 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Can fully understand anyone else who has struggled while having a cold. Sounds soooo odd to moan about a small snuffle but not being able to take decongestants is really frustrating. Anyone got any home remedies/miracles?

Reactions: 3
Using Saline nasal spray and covering my chest in Vicks vaporub before going to bed helped me when i was struck down with a stinker of a cold at 38 weeks.

Can fully understand anyone else who has struggled while having a cold. Sounds soooo odd to moan about a small snuffle but not being able to take decongestants is really frustrating. Anyone got any home remedies/miracles?
I had a terrible cold that lasted well over a month when I was in the second trimester. I found making my own version of lemsip helped (hot water, lemon juice, honey, ginger and a dissolvable paracetamol) and when it turned into a sinus infection I got one of those sinus flusher things (can’t think of the real name but they’re on amazon). It really helped get rid of everything. Olbas oil in the bath was nice too. Hope you feel better soon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.