Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was 35 weeks on Saturday and I feel like I’ve been very lucky until then.. the worst thing I’ve had 3rd trimester is extreme tiredness + heartburn here and there. At the growth scan last week they’d mentioned baby’s head has dropped but it can still be weeks until labour even when that’s happened?

Over the weekend on top of the tiredness I’ve had the worst body aches (like when you’re sick), period like cramps, back and hip pain. I’ve been so lucky until now and hate that it could be weeks of this pain yet 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t think so on the flexible work as they mainly need me for the school runs & to/from after school clubs 😖 Children are older & the only other thing I do is washing & cooking.
Will still mention in case it’s something they’re able to work with!
Okay phew so it does sound like it’ll be fine, yeah I was 26 yesterday so only few days apart!
This is when I really wish I was in a WFH job like my partner as I’m absolutely fine when sat down, it’s all the moving around (and cold weather weirdly?) that seems to set it off- or maybe that’s just a coincidence 😂
Anything to do with dizziness/balance/inner ear is a nightmare when you're moving, and the weather can definitely affect it! Hopefully when you speak to your doctor they'll be able to give some practical advice or prescribe something to help you through the last few weeks until your maternity leave 😊

Reactions: 1
Ladies, can anyone help? We are going away in March and I will need a few dresses to wear around the pool/beach etc. and some bits for the evening too. I’ll be 24 weeks at that point. Can anyone recommend where I can get decent maternity wear that won’t cost an arm and a leg?! 🤣
Depop! Most maternity stuff has only been worn once or twice, got some fab Club L Maternity stuff that should have been £50+ for less than £30.

Ladies, can anyone help? We are going away in March and I will need a few dresses to wear around the pool/beach etc. and some bits for the evening too. I’ll be 24 weeks at that point. Can anyone recommend where I can get decent maternity wear that won’t cost an arm and a leg?! 🤣
New look is decent and they do discount codes pretty often. I think Boohoo maternity is overpriced for the quality. Next clearance section on their website is good too. Also H&M is good, I also like asda for basic bits.

I have to say I sized up a size or two in some dresses and they worked well, if you buy the right shape that might work well. I bought midi dresses from sainsburys that were looser around the waist and have worn them right up to 32 weeks or more. I’m on maternity leave now though so I’m in leggings or joggers everyday!

Look on Vinted - I've had some bargains on there!

Reactions: 2
Not me crying over the Uber driver speeding over speed bumps as I’m so paranoid about doing damage. I’m sure he’s well cushioned & safe in there but I am soooo sensitive today & suddenly so anxious about him 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t think so on the flexible work as they mainly need me for the school runs & to/from after school clubs 😖 Children are older & the only other thing I do is washing & cooking.
Will still mention in case it’s something they’re able to work with!
Okay phew so it does sound like it’ll be fine, yeah I was 26 yesterday so only few days apart!
This is when I really wish I was in a WFH job like my partner as I’m absolutely fine when sat down, it’s all the moving around (and cold weather weirdly?) that seems to set it off- or maybe that’s just a coincidence 😂
This is the exact reason I had to go on mat leave at 29 weeks

Not me crying over the Uber driver speeding over speed bumps as I’m so paranoid about doing damage. I’m sure he’s well cushioned & safe in there but I am soooo sensitive today & suddenly so anxious about him 😭
Don't worry.
No damage will happen from going over bumps 😊

• Heart
You can do 10 KIT (keeping in touch) days throughout your maternity. What you do on them is to be agreed between you and your employer but they usually need to be arranged in advance.
I just want to add to this, that whilst KIT days are paid, they may not be paid at the same rate you normally earn. I’m nhs so can only comment on how I get paid, but just check your maternity policy before you sign up for too many!

Definitely check out Vinted, I've got some great bargains as I didn't want to spend a fortune buying full price items.

I just want to add to this, that whilst KIT days are paid, they may not be paid at the same rate you normally earn. I’m nhs so can only comment on how I get paid, but just check your maternity policy before you sign up for too many!
And my trust never used to pay them until you’ve returned to work. It took 4 months for me to actually get what I earnt 🫠

• Wow
Check the gov website for KIT day stuff as they definitely have to pay you for them, I’ve seen people saying on TikTok that they weren’t paid but you should get paid and it doesn’t affect your statutory pay either.

Booked in for a section for the morning as induction failed! I’m so so nervous 😩 they explained I wouldn’t get to hold him for about 10 minutes which breaks me

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Booked in for a section for the morning as induction failed! I’m so so nervous 😩 they explained I wouldn’t get to hold him for about 10 minutes which breaks me
Oh love, you must be so exhausted.
Have they explained to you what IS possible for you as your c-section? Like can you sleep with a muslin or a blanket and get them to use that when he comes out? It will be reassuring for him when he’s away from you x

I would maybe read up on positive experiences/ideas for c-sections and then get some sleep so you’re as rested as you can be. Wishing you the absolute best xx

I know it's easier said than done but try not to feel nervous. I was also worried when I was waiting to be taken down but it was actually a really pleasant environment as weird as that sounds. The nurses even commented on how calm I seemed during the section and I'm a massive worrier at the best of times. 10 minutes sounds like a long time but it will just be while they're weighing and measuring baby then you'll be able to hold him and hopefully they'll talk to you the whole time too so it won't seem like such a long wait. You've got this lovely, good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
20 week scan went great aside from my placenta is lying low, I’m having another scan at 32 weeks to see if it moves (usually in nz you don’t have any other scans after 20 weeks!) has anyone had a low placenta to begin with/20 weeks and it move up in time to have a vaginal birth?

My husband also felt baby move last night for the first time so I feel in cloud 9 with emotions 😭🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Oh you poor thing, you’ve had a horrible week. I had an in person antenatal class today and they spoke about prolonged inductions like yours, it’s awful how common it is.

Is there any reason you can’t have immediate skin to skin contact/ hold him? The midwife today said it’s definitely possible for them to put him straight on you after a caesarean in the operating theatre and as the benefits of skin to skin are so great it’s what’s recommended. My trust offer a “gentle caesarean” which uses aspects of your original birth plan and seems to be a less clinical sounding delivery, it might be worth have a Google. She also told us over and over again that our births are our own and that sometimes consultants don’t think of us as people as such and to remember that our wishes count. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
20 week scan went great aside from my placenta is lying low, I’m having another scan at 32 weeks to see if it moves (usually in nz you don’t have any other scans after 20 weeks!) has anyone had a low placenta to begin with/20 weeks and it move up in time to have a vaginal birth?

My husband also felt baby move last night for the first time so I feel in cloud 9 with emotions 😭🥰
I have in my last pregnancy.
90% of the time, they move up by the time the scan comes around 😊

• Heart

Mines moved! Apparently it does move 90% of the time. I had a 4D scan at 28 weeks and an extra NHS one because of issues and they could see it had moved then, but confirmed it at 32 weeks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.