Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really sorry for your loss xx

on the anxiety front do you have anything you can use in your toolkit that helps calm you down? I had CBT a few years ago and had a sorting exercise where I would list my worries then sort them into practical worries (things I have control over) vs hypothetical worries (things I don’t have control over) - the idea is your brain eventually identifies the things you don’t have control over quite quickly and let’s go of them without bothering your mind with them. The other thing I use is asking myself if something will matter to me jn 5 years time - then I try and let it go if the answer is no.

I’ve been really anxious to the last week or so tbh. A lot of general anxiety about the baby’s health and delivery.
Thank you ❤
I haven’t tried this but it sounds brilliant, I’ll definitely be giving this a go! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Any tips for sinus infection in early pregnancy? I’m around 8 weeks and it’s agony! The only positive is that it’s taking my mind of my nausea 🙈
I had something similar a couple of times when I was pregnant, sending you lots of sympathy. A small heat pack on my nose/forehead area helped me a lot as did keeping humidity levels up. Hope you feel better soon, it's awful not being able to take anything.

I have an antenatal class for breastfeeding in a couple weeks but in the meantime was wondering what the essentials are? I’ve ordered a pump, pads and nipple cream so far.
I think that's all you need. I could never use a pump and I had no supply issues, just couldn't use one! I second what @WeHadFunRight said about the water... my god, the THIRST when you are feeding a baby is something else and if you don't have a huge glass of water nearby you'll be stuck unable to move for the next 30 mins while you finish feeding :LOL: Do you have a couple of feeding bras with the clips? I never bought any special clothes other than that, just kept a vest top on underneath I could pull down, then lifted up whatever I had on the top.

Reactions: 2
I think that's all you need. I could never use a pump and I had no supply issues, just couldn't use one! I second what @WeHadFunRight said about the water... my god, the THIRST when you are feeding a baby is something else and if you don't have a huge glass of water nearby you'll be stuck unable to move for the next 30 mins while you finish feeding :LOL: Do you have a couple of feeding bras with the clips? I never bought any special clothes other than that, just kept a vest top on underneath I could pull down, then lifted up whatever I had on the top.
Fab thank you! I’ve picked up a couple of the bras but the girls just keep growing and growing I think I may need to get different size 🫣😂

Fab thank you! I’ve picked up a couple of the bras but the girls just keep growing and growing I think I may need to get different size 🫣😂
And I would say just keep in mind some tops or dresses where you can get easy access to the girls, they don’t have to be special nursing tops, but something buttoned or a wrap over will be perfect if you don’t want to lift your top up.

Thank you ❤
I haven’t tried this but it sounds brilliant, I’ll definitely be giving this a go! Xx
Another variant of that is write down your worries and then write down how you control them. It’s a tip I got from a friend with OCD :)

For me that really helped to contextualise that worrying that the baby won’t like me isn’t something I can do anything about and similar to the other method it means you get those thoughts out of your head and onto paper.

Have you been doing any mindfulness? I swear by headspace to help me sleep when thoughts are never ending and they do day time bits and bobs too. It’s a bit of a learning curve but when you can get your mind focused it might give you a little bit of space from those feelings.

I would definitely mention it to your midwife to see if there’s any services you can access that might help like talking services. It’s naff when you get stuck in those thought patterns!

Still in hospital here, no further bleeds except a tiny bit of mucus plus and had a semi decent nights sleep but now utterly convinced I don’t want an induction after the two ladies in my bay 😳 definitely got a UTI so I’m on tablet antibiotics but there doesn’t seem to be a reason for the bleeding that anyone can think of 🥴 hoping I can pin a doctor down before I go but I feel a bit of a fraud 😶

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve finally been signed off sick for the rest of my pregnancy, such a relief. Only issue is that my reason for the sick note has been printed as general illness/aches and pains with no mention of being pregnancy connected. I tried to contact my gp to have it changed but they’re ignoring me :unsure: I’m not too worried about sickness records as I won’t be returning to that job, but will it be easier for them to dismiss me as it’s not technically being recognised as pregnancy connected even though they know I am pregnant?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Another variant of that is write down your worries and then write down how you control them. It’s a tip I got from a friend with OCD :)

For me that really helped to contextualise that worrying that the baby won’t like me isn’t something I can do anything about and similar to the other method it means you get those thoughts out of your head and onto paper.

Have you been doing any mindfulness? I swear by headspace to help me sleep when thoughts are never ending and they do day time bits and bobs too. It’s a bit of a learning curve but when you can get your mind focused it might give you a little bit of space from those feelings.

I would definitely mention it to your midwife to see if there’s any services you can access that might help like talking services. It’s naff when you get stuck in those thought patterns!

Still in hospital here, no further bleeds except a tiny bit of mucus plus and had a semi decent nights sleep but now utterly convinced I don’t want an induction after the two ladies in my bay 😳 definitely got a UTI so I’m on tablet antibiotics but there doesn’t seem to be a reason for the bleeding that anyone can think of 🥴 hoping I can pin a doctor down before I go but I feel a bit of a fraud 😶
What’s made you say that re the induction?

Don’t feel a fraud, it’s not like you made any of your symptoms up!

What’s made you say that re the induction?

Don’t feel a fraud, it’s not like you made any of your symptoms up!
Both started the process before midday yesterday (I think one started Tuesday evening) and they’ve been in so much pain constantly - just sounds really unpleasant! Plus the midwives have had to check dilation etc multiple times, which due to past experiences I find really uncomfortable to even think about.

Both started the process before midday yesterday (I think one started Tuesday evening) and they’ve been in so much pain constantly - just sounds really unpleasant! Plus the midwives have had to check dilation etc multiple times, which due to past experiences I find really uncomfortable to even think about.
It’s worth remembering everybody has a different pain threshold, expresses that pain differently and what bothers them may not bother you. You can also refuse a VE at anytime.

ETA induction can be a long, drawn out process depending on how ‘ready’ your body is but in my experience as I’ve mentioned previously I much preferred my induction to my natural birth, I felt it was much more controlled, I actually felt much more at ease and my pain was able to be controlled much easier because my progression was slower. Every experience is individual and their birth story won’t be yours x

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I have an antenatal class for breastfeeding in a couple weeks but in the meantime was wondering what the essentials are? I’ve ordered a pump, pads and nipple cream so far.
Maybe more of a nice to have but my SIL really rated the silver/metal nipple cups when she was first breastfeeding, to help healing/soreness Amazon product

• Heart
It’s worth remembering everybody has a different pain threshold, expresses that pain differently and what bothers them may not bother you. You can also refuse a VE at anytime.
Oh that’s very true! I’m just a bit of a wimp really 😂 I’m in absolute awe of both of them, but not sure if I could cope at all 😶

Oh that’s very true! I’m just a bit of a wimp really 😂 I’m in absolute awe of both of them, but not sure if I could cope at all 😶
Do you have a tens machine? I used one on my induction with my first and it really helped. In hindsight I reckon I could have gone on longer with just the tens machine before I got the epidural- which I won’t ask for this time!
Also what kind of induction have they had because I think the effects vary - I had the pessary, this time I’ll be induced by balloon….

It doesn't always go that way - I find the checking very painful too (I have lots of internal scar tissue and for some reason it hurts like a mofo 🤷‍♀️ ) but they only checked me once each time and I was 1-2cm, and they never got to check again because the rest of it happened so quickly! I remember feeling similar being admitted for the induction last time. I could hear women literally wailing and screaming😬 but as far as I can remember, I didn't do any of that! You can always ask for more pain relief too if you need it xx

Do you have a tens machine? I used one on my induction with my first and it really helped. In hindsight I reckon I could have gone on longer with just the tens machine before I got the epidural- which I won’t ask for this time!
Also what kind of induction have they had because I think the effects vary - I had the pessary, this time I’ll be induced by balloon….
I’m hoping to borrow my sisters if she can get it to me in time! I think they tend to use the tampon (or the one that’s like a tampon - is that the pessar?) or the gel here.

It doesn't always go that way - I find the checking very painful too (I have lots of internal scar tissue and for some reason it hurts like a mofo 🤷‍♀️ ) but they only checked me once each time and I was 1-2cm, and they never got to check again because the rest of it happened so quickly! I remember feeling similar being admitted for the induction last time. I could hear women literally wailing and screaming😬 but as far as I can remember, I didn't do any of that! You can always ask for more pain relief too if you need it xx
Very true. Time will tell what happens! Probably not worth worrying about now. Did just realise that in 44 days or less I’ll be back on this ward either being induced or with a baby 😐🥰 which is equal parts exciting and equal parts terrifying!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
TMI but 30 weeks + 4, today I’ve had 4/5 loose stools and it feels like an IBS flare.
However I haven’t had one since first trimester so I think I’m just worrying myself that it’s the body emptying to prepare for labour!
We have just moved house so I’m putting it down to the stress of that now we’re a bit more settled in.
Anyone else experience similar in the 3rd trimester?

• Heart
TMI but 30 weeks + 4, today I’ve had 4/5 loose stools and it feels like an IBS flare.
However I haven’t had one since first trimester so I think I’m just worrying myself that it’s the body emptying to prepare for labour!
We have just moved house so I’m putting it down to the stress of that now we’re a bit more settled in.
I’m 32+6 and Iv been having upset tummy and loose stools on and off for about a week now. I had it quite abit at start of 2nd trimester.

I’m 32+6 and Iv been having upset tummy and loose stools on and off for about a week now. I had it quite abit at start of 2nd trimester.
Do you feel wiped out afterwards? Probably a stupid Q as I feel wiped out anyway let alone after an upset stomach 😅

I have IBS too and have definitely seen it get worse in the third trimester - first wasn’t great, second was amazing and now it’s back. I think it’s maybe just your body getting back to old habits? My very un-scientific understanding 😂

I have IBS too and have definitely seen it get worse in the third trimester - first wasn’t great, second was amazing and now it’s back. I think it’s maybe just your body getting back to old habits? My very un-scientific understanding 😂
This is reassuring but also very disappointing 😂 I forgot how bad they can actually make you feel! At least when baby is here we can take medication, it’s like torture just waiting for it to pass 😫

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.