Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am 5 weeks and I'm also feeling a bit like this. Not been in agony, just felt like i am getting my time of the month and sharp pain if i sneeze/ pulling pain if i stretch.

I just assumed that it was all normal though so haven't been worried. Did your doctor seem concerned?
I'm 6 weeks today and I have also had this and really tender boobs.. another symptom is flying of the handle really quick at people which is not a usual trait.. and not many people know I am pregnant!

Reactions: 1
I had something similar a couple of times when I was pregnant, sending you lots of sympathy. A small heat pack on my nose/forehead area helped me a lot as did keeping humidity levels up. Hope you feel better soon, it's awful not being able to take anything.
Thank you for the advice. Tattle gets a lot of bad press but this thread always comes up with fab advice!

• Heart
TMI but 30 weeks + 4, today I’ve had 4/5 loose stools and it feels like an IBS flare.
However I haven’t had one since first trimester so I think I’m just worrying myself that it’s the body emptying to prepare for labour!
We have just moved house so I’m putting it down to the stress of that now we’re a bit more settled in.
Anyone else experience similar in the 3rd trimester?
I’ve been the exact same on and off 😅. The other day I was the same paranoid it was my body preparing for labour lol.

Reactions: 2
I’ve been the exact same on and off 😅. The other day I was the same paranoid it was my body preparing for labour lol.
Honestly so hard isn’t it, such a worrier that any slight thing / quiet time with him makes me instantly panic 🫣

Do you feel wiped out afterwards? Probably a stupid Q as I feel wiped out anyway let alone after an upset stomach 😅
Yes tbh, always seems to happen in the evenings and I just wanna curl up and go to slee after! It’s really not nice!

I had a dream last night I went into labour unpacked, my baby was 12lb, then wouldn’t latch or feed and my FILs cat kept trying to sit on the babies face. The baby also had the most flamboyantly ginger hair (I’m ginger but this was like clown orange) and I cried cos she was gonna get bullied. I feel like it was all my pregnancy/birth anxieties rolled into one 😂.

I packed my hospital bag today to try calm myself down since it was the only thing of the above I can control 😂. Can’t say it’s helped much lmao.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had a dream last night I went into labour unpacked, my baby was 12lb, then wouldn’t latch or feed and my FILs cat kept trying to sit on the babies face. The baby also had the most flamboyantly ginger hair (I’m ginger but this was like clown orange) and I cried cos she was gonna get bullied. I feel like it was all my pregnancy/birth anxieties rolled into one 😂.

I packed my hospital bag today to try calm myself down since it was the only thing of the above I can control 😂. Can’t say it’s helped much lmao.
With my first I used to dream that I left her in random places (wrapped in a blanket under a restaurant table, in her car seat by the side of the road etc) and would spend the entire dream in a panic trying to get back to her. Hormones are WILD

With my first I used to dream that I left her in random places (wrapped in a blanket under a restaurant table, in her car seat by the side of the road etc) and would spend the entire dream in a panic trying to get back to her. Hormones are WILD
Oh man I had this dream the other week!! I dreamt I left baby at random houses at 2 days old for 3 days and said “he’ll be fine they hardly feed at first anyway” 🥴
Then I had a lovely one this week where he came out with hardly any pain and latched straight on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh man I had this dream the other week!! I dreamt I left baby at random houses at 2 days old for 3 days and said “he’ll be fine they hardly feed at first anyway” 🥴
Then I had a lovely one this week where he came out with hardly any pain and latched straight on 😂
Yes I had such a similar dream a little while ago! It gave me hope 😂

I had such a nightmare getting my first out it would be nice if this one is much more amenable to matters at hand.

First NCT class this evening. It was good but felt a little clique… brought back those high school feeling again. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Any tips for sinus infection in early pregnancy? I’m around 8 weeks and it’s agony! The only positive is that it’s taking my mind of my nausea 🙈
Hi, I’m new to this thread as only found out I was pregnant on Valentine’s Day ❤ over the moon but really suffering with sinusitis. Do get the Sterimar nasal spray - I just bought the decongestant one, it’s a bit gross but does help and is better than any of the other saline sprays. I used it in my last pregnancy.

For those saying about pains etc early on, I’m only about 5 weeks and keep thinking I’m going to come on my period, I had pulling pains in my womb yesterday but I’m trying to see that and this awful sinus pain as good signs. I’ve had miscarriages in the past but this time feels different so I’m trying to remain hopeful and will book an early scan soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi, I’m new to this thread as only found out I was pregnant on Valentine’s Day ❤ over the moon but really suffering with sinusitis. Do get the Sterimar nasal spray - I just bought the decongestant one, it’s a bit gross but does help and is better than any of the other saline sprays. I used it in my last pregnancy.

For those saying about pains etc early on, I’m only about 5 weeks and keep thinking I’m going to come on my period, I had pulling pains in my womb yesterday but I’m trying to see that and this awful sinus pain as good signs. I’ve had miscarriages in the past but this time feels different so I’m trying to remain hopeful and will book an early scan soon.
Congratulations! Period pains are normal, your uterus will be double the size by 7 weeks so lots of changes happening already. You could book an early scan for reassurance. I also had sinus trouble with both my pregnancies, not much can do but it’s not fun.

• Heart
Had the best nights sleep ever but also had a nightmare about having to go to hospital 😐 I’m now second guessing every pain and feeling I’ve got again! I’m sure it’ll pass in a few days when this infection really gets gone but I’m super paranoid now and I think OH is too as he had a bad nights sleep as - he normally sleeps really well

• Heart
Reactions: 5

As a fellow ginge, we joked that it’s a shame they can’t tell on the scans what colour baby’s hair is going to be 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
As a fellow ginge, we joked that it’s a shame they can’t tell on the scans what colour baby’s hair is going to be 🤣
I’m a ginger too and my husband has a ginger beard but no one else in our family is so who knows what baby boy will turn out with 😂🥰

Had the best nights sleep ever but also had a nightmare about having to go to hospital 😐 I’m now second guessing every pain and feeling I’ve got again! I’m sure it’ll pass in a few days when this infection really gets gone but I’m super paranoid now and I think OH is too as he had a bad nights sleep as - he normally sleeps really well
Are you normally this anxious or is this a change for you? Are you receiving adequate support? All hospitals have a perinatal mental health midwife and I would recommend asking to be referred as it sounds like your anxieties are now affecting your daily life.

• Heart
Has anyone breastfed for first few weeks then exclusively pumped? Sorry if I’ve asked before.

I was looking to rent the medela hospital grade pump from their website for the first 45days (if needed that long?) might just need the first 15? Then move onto the manual pump?

If baby (and me) take to BF I may also BF 2/3 times during the day & once at night then my partner can do the rest with expressed milk?

It feels impossible to know what to have as back up. I only have 2 mam bottles & a friend is going to give us a box of other brands as back up.
I know baby might not take to BF/I might not want to when the time comes & so many other ‘what ifs’. Also may be naive being a FTM so any guidance is appreciated 🤣
I have a midwife appointment next week so will ask her what she thinks too.
*ETA- we covered BF in a course we did but not pumping so it’s a bit confusing

Are you normally this anxious or is this a change for you? Are you receiving adequate support? All hospitals have a perinatal mental health midwife and I would recommend asking to be referred as it sounds like your anxieties are now affecting your daily life.
I think it just shook us up a bit tbh cos the pregnancy so far has been smooth as butter (legit my only symptoms bar a little bit of nausea in the first trimester has been intermittent heart burn and breathlessness on mobility). Got a midwife appointment next week so will see how it is then 👍🏻

Do we need a new thread? Can anyone do that or does it have to be mods? I’ve never done it before 🫣😂

Has anyone breastfed for first few weeks then exclusively pumped? Sorry if I’ve asked before.

I was looking to rent the medela hospital grade pump from their website for the first 45days (if needed that long?) might just need the first 15? Then move onto the manual pump?

If baby (and me) take to BF I may also BF 2/3 times during the day & once at night then my partner can do the rest with expressed milk?

It feels impossible to know what to have as back up. I only have 2 mam bottles & a friend is going to give us a box of other brands as back up.
I know baby might not take to BF/I might not want to when the time comes & so many other ‘what ifs’. Also may be naive being a FTM so any guidance is appreciated 🤣
I have a midwife appointment next week so will ask her what she thinks too.
*ETA- we covered BF in a course we did but not pumping so it’s a bit confusing
All I can give you is my experience from my last one, and I would say try and remain flexible in your expectations of what’s going to happen with BFing.

I had a c-section delivery, my milk did come in within 4-5 days but I found it very hard going initially and it’s difficult to work out how much milk baby is getting - they tell you to go off how many nappies baby is wetting/pooiing . We decided to combi-feed. I found baby was crying a lot at bedtime - so that’s when we gave her the formula bottle (I know it’s not the same but basically she had a bottle at night). I tried to pump a bit when she had that feed. Eventually my milk supply went up enough that I could cover the bedtime feed (but we still combifed because it worked really well for us). It probably took a week to two weeks for me to feel confident about my milk supply.

on the bottles thing, it’s good to have some other options, we had bought Tommee Tippee but she didn’t get on with them, they just went everywhere- we switched to Mam and it solved the issue for us. All babies are different, all BFing journeys are different.

midwives are under quite a lot of pressure to sell “breast is best” especially to FTMs so you will hear stuff from them that’s the party line.So just be a little cautious on that one.

as I say, all babies are different, mine was combifed from day 4 and we had no issues with my supply or nipple confusion etc - sometimes she’d have a bottle a week, sometimes she’d have a bottle a day.

I know they say something about not pumping until a certain point (I don’t know what that point is actually…) but they also give brand new mums breast pumps in hospitals so it’s a bit conflicting isnt
---
Do we need a new thread? Can anyone do that or does it have to be mods? I’ve never done it before 🫣😂
We do… I will do it (now in a minute…)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.