Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve already had Tupperware-gate in our house when I purged 6 year old Chinese takeaway boxes 😂
I’ve told him three times now to stop getting involved (he keeps asking me what will actually fit in the storage I’ve just ordered). I’m debating buying 24 different sized food storage boxes for £42 but I think that might push him over the edge 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks everyone for the leg cramp advice- I’ve been elevating them today when I rest for 10 mins at a time and it’s really helped. Not sure what I’ll do at bedtime when I’m lying on my side but will try the pillows!

Reactions: 3
Random but I’m having a moment of driving myself crazy with baby names. My little one and I are watching Miraculous and there’s a character called Mylène on it and honestly I’m now obsessed with the name BUTTTTT I used to work with a Mylène and she was such a misery guts I need to shake myself of this one - like she was ALWAYS moaning and there were never any silver linings (she drove me mad, can you tell?)

I’ve just looked up the name meaning and one is “sea of bittterness” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
..How to deal with family 😭

In my head my plan has always been:
- Not telling anyone when I go into labour, I only want that time between me and my husband and no one bothering us and no one asking for updates. Only letting people know when he’s born.
- No one visits us and baby until I/We feel ready, which is hard to know when that would be. First baby so our whole routine is going to change a lot and I don’t know what healing time in peace I’m going to want! But I doubt I’ll be ready after a few days..

My mum has had 2 people close to her pass away over the last month so she’s not been doing great and I’m being told by her and my dad that her being able to hold a newborn in the first few days would cheer her up.. and she’s also telling me she wants to know when I go into labour..

I feel awful for her losses but it shouldn’t be a thing made to make me feel like I’m going to upset her if she doesn’t get what she wants!! She also works at the hospital where we’re having baby so I’m dreading her wanting to come and visit right after he’s born too 🙃

She’s said she felt robbed of not being able to meet her other grandchildren a few days just after they were born (rightfully so though!!) and wants this one to be different..

I mean it is tough.. I’m pretty set on those things but I feel so awful that I’m going to probably upset her. Anyone have family that’s been like this and been able to make them understand?

• Heart
Reactions: 6

- Not telling anyone when I go into labour, I only want that time between me and my husband and no one bothering us and no one asking for updates. Only letting people know when he’s born.
- No one visits us and baby until I/We feel ready, which is hard to know when that would be. First baby so our whole routine is going to change a lot and I don’t know what healing time in peace I’m going to want! But I doubt I’ll be ready after a few days..

My mum has had 2 people close to her pass away over the last month so she’s not been doing great and I’m being told by her and my dad that her being able to hold a newborn in the first few days would cheer her up.. and she’s also telling me she wants to know when I go into labour..

I feel awful for her losses but it shouldn’t be a thing made to make me feel like I’m going to upset her if she doesn’t get what she wants!! She also works at the hospital where we’re having baby so I’m dreading her wanting to come and visit right after he’s born too 🙃

She’s said she felt robbed of not being able to meet her other grandchildren a few days just after they were born (rightfully so though!!) and wants this one to be different..

I mean it is tough.. I’m pretty set on those things but I feel so awful that I’m going to probably upset her. Anyone have family that’s been like this and been able to make them understand?
Just do what you’ve planned. Can’t keep other people happy, I have a feeling my in laws think I’ll be traipsing half way around the country to bring my baby to see them. I will not!

Reactions: 3
I’m getting myself all wound up at the thought of anyone trying to kiss my baby when he’s born even when I specifically tell them not too. When I first spoke to my partner about it he was like yeah we will only allow close family 🤯 ehh NO we won’t be allowing anyone!! Is it just me or is it not a given that you don’t kiss someone’s baby grandparent etc or not?!?! I broached the subject with my mum yesterday and she’s like “oh yeah it’s so tempting but obviously I’ll wait until he’s like a month or so old” and I got so angry because no I’d really rather you didn’t until he’s a bit older and less at risk of infections that can be potentially deadly to babies! I now don’t want to leave my baby with her or anyone else incase they go against what I’ve asked when I’m not around. I know I probably sound crazy but I know what she’s like and MIL is so old fashioned too so I feel like I’m not being taken seriously 😩 am I being too over the top?

ETA I know her hearts in the right place and she’s just really excited about her first grandchild but I can’t help that I feel so strongly about this

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m getting myself all wound up at the thought of anyone trying to kiss my baby when he’s born even when I specifically tell them not too. When I first spoke to my partner about it he was like yeah we will only allow close family 🤯 ehh NO we won’t be allowing anyone!! Is it just me or is it not a given that you don’t kiss someone’s baby grandparent etc or not?!?! I broached the subject with my mum yesterday and she’s like “oh yeah it’s so tempting but obviously I’ll wait until he’s like a month or so old” and I got so angry because no I’d really rather you didn’t until he’s a bit older and less at risk of infections that can be potentially deadly to babies! And tempting wtf to me that’s just weird! I now don’t want to leave my baby with her or anyone else incase they go against what I’ve asked when I’m not around. I know I probably sound crazy but I know what she’s like and MIL is so old fashioned too so I feel like I’m not being taken seriously 😩 am I being too over the top?
Definitely not being over the top, I’m the exact same & I’ll be telling people before they visit not to & if they do I’ll take him off them. I’ve never done it with any newborn & don’t see why people feel the need to!! If they’re not their kid they don’t have a say in my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In response to above I feel the same my husband and I have just been having this convo this week, he didn’t totally understand at first and was like surely they wouldn’t kiss him I can’t see them doing that I was like lol they definitely will. I saw something on Facebook which I might share to drop a hint to my mum.
I also want to have ‘boundaries’ about visiting etc but it’s all the unknown right now, how we will feel when he’s actually here etc. has anyone else done/ thought similar and how have you gone about this if so? As above it is also our first baby! I don’t think I’ll be able to keep Labour a secret as we have 2 dogs whcih I’ll be needing my mum to sort out 😕😅

Reactions: 1
In response to above I feel the same my husband and I have just been having this convo this week, he didn’t totally understand at first and was like surely they wouldn’t kiss him I can’t see them doing that I was like lol they definitely will. I saw something on Facebook which I might share to drop a hint to my mum.
I also want to have ‘boundaries’ about visiting etc but it’s all the unknown right now, how we will feel when he’s actually here etc. has anyone else done/ thought similar and how have you gone about this if so? As above it is also our first baby! I don’t think I’ll be able to keep Labour a secret as we have 2 dogs whcih I’ll be needing my mum to sort out 😕😅
Also got two giant dogs who I only trust with certain people lol so I’ve got a few friends who will do shifts with them, and another couple of close friends who have been through labour who I want for moral (text) support and my parents. My in laws live 3000 miles away which is sometimes a blessing 🙌 in the nicest possible way.

I’m being really firm that probs for the first month the only people I want round are my parents because I’m scared tit-less tbh about how to look after a baby. I’m a bit confused on the kissing front, I won’t mind my parents kissing her but both me and my mum get coldsores- should I not be kissing her? It lies dormant on your face so even if I don’t have one I could still pass it to her. I’ll bring it up with a midwife but I don’t wanna not kiss my daughter :(

Also I’m sticking to my guns on a lot of things. I actually don’t give a crap now about other people, my priority is my baby. My sister’s wedding plans completely changed and nobody told me, it’s a no kids wedding so obvs need to make sure Mr Muffin is around and it’s like ok whatever, I’ll go for a few hours but it’s multiple days and I’m not gonna dick away a weekend away from my 3 month old especially when nobody has told me the plans, I just don’t care anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m getting myself all wound up at the thought of anyone trying to kiss my baby when he’s born even when I specifically tell them not too. When I first spoke to my partner about it he was like yeah we will only allow close family 🤯 ehh NO we won’t be allowing anyone!! Is it just me or is it not a given that you don’t kiss someone’s baby grandparent etc or not?!?! I broached the subject with my mum yesterday and she’s like “oh yeah it’s so tempting but obviously I’ll wait until he’s like a month or so old” and I got so angry because no I’d really rather you didn’t until he’s a bit older and less at risk of infections that can be potentially deadly to babies! I now don’t want to leave my baby with her or anyone else incase they go against what I’ve asked when I’m not around. I know I probably sound crazy but I know what she’s like and MIL is so old fashioned too so I feel like I’m not being taken seriously 😩 am I being too over the top?

ETA I know her hearts in the right place and she’s just really excited about her first grandchild but I can’t help that I feel so strongly about this
Yeah when I was talking with my parents I was telling them about one of the videos we'd watched (can't remember if it was an NHS one or baby academy) but it was about how other people shouldn't kiss your baby - and I don't want them too either! I would never kiss someone elses baby!
Also watched about how smokers should change their clothes right before holding baby - that one maybe extreme but I'd rather smokers visit wearing clean clothes then they can smoke away once they leave!
but my parents think all this sounds like nonsense and babies will never build up their immune system if you're keeping them that well protected from everything ...

got to go through the same discussion with in laws yet who will probably also call it nonsense :rolleyes:

it's so stupid and I hope people will respect our wishes
otherwise may be falling out with some people :mad:

it def has wound me up today as well !

• Heart

I have the same boundaries as you & although it isn't a mother dealing with a loss, I have an overbearing mum & mother in law who want to be there for everything.
You set your boundaries and stick to them. It's what you want, not what everyone else wants.
I've made a list of rules that I'm gonna send to family the month we are due. It's going to include not asking whether there is any signs of baby close to my due date, not visiting without announcing and it being agreed, not kissing baby on the lips & not turning up at the hospital. Our other main one is not passing on our news of arrival and let us tell people (we have gobby parents who will ruin the news for others). Would this be something you could do? It goes to everyone then so all people are treated equally.
Good luck with it, it's difficult knowing what to do for the best, but as long as its best for your little family that's all that matters

Yeah when I was talking with my parents I was telling them about one of the videos we'd watched (can't remember if it was an NHS one or baby academy) but it was about how other people shouldn't kiss your baby - and I don't want them too either! I would never kiss someone elses baby!
Also watched about how smokers should change their clothes right before holding baby - that one maybe extreme but I'd rather smokers visit wearing clean clothes then they can smoke away once they leave!
but my parents think all this sounds like nonsense and babies will never build up their immune system if you're keeping them that well protected from everything ...

got to go through the same discussion with in laws yet who will probably also call it nonsense :rolleyes:

it's so stupid and I hope people will respect our wishes
otherwise may be falling out with some people :mad:

it def has wound me up today as well !
Yep I just feel like it shouldn’t even be a thing, you shouldn’t even have to ask that people don’t do it IMO so the fact that it’s brushed off winds me up. I could tell when I was speaking to my mum about it she was just humouring me by being like yeah I’ll wait a month and it’s been playing on my mind because I just knew she’d be like this!

Also pissed off that my OH sister etc think it’s ok to tell us when they’ll be visiting like no you’ll wait until we’re ready and you’re invited, like no one’s waited for this baby longer than us can we just have our time with him first?
I’m coming across as a right witch and I’m honestly not normally this uptight about things but it’s frustrating when people seem to have no boundaries or respect for yours when it comes to a baby!

On a lighter note my dog has just woke herself up with a fright farting which has cheered me up a bit 😂

• Haha
Trigger warning: previous loss
TMI
I’m wondering if anybody that has had successful pregnancies/is further along than me can advise me on if this is normal because after looking my baby at 12 weeks pregnant last February and 2 years of infertility, I don’t have a successful pregnancy to base anything on and every little pain/twinge freaks me out. I had sex yesterday morning and there was a little red blood on my husband but if he hadn’t told me/shown me I would never of known because 24 hours later and I haven’t had so much as a single spot of blood (and I’ve been checking obsessively). I know this can be just sensitive cervix and completely normal so I think it must of been that but it has completely set off my anxiety about everything else. This morning I must be constipated as I was trying to go and got a shooting pain all up my left side which felt still sore for about 30-45 minutes after. It’s gone now but it’s set me off all over again and I’m just so so worried, could this just be normal? I am 5w3d

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Stick to your guns! My family suffered a loss this year and a few times people have said “meeting the baby is keeping us going” which is a nice sentiment but it’s also a bit yeesh… pressure much? I don’t want anyone coming around the first few days and I certainly won’t be allowing unannounced guests. I have told my mum
This and she’s not too happy but I’ll genuinely just ignore door if anyone turns up 🤣

Reactions: 1
Trigger warning: previous loss
TMI
I’m wondering if anybody that has had successful pregnancies/is further along than me can advise me on if this is normal because after looking my baby at 12 weeks pregnant last February and 2 years of infertility, I don’t have a successful pregnancy to base anything on and every little pain/twinge freaks me out. I had sex yesterday morning and there was a little red blood on my husband but if he hadn’t told me/shown me I would never of known because 24 hours later and I haven’t had so much as a single spot of blood (and I’ve been checking obsessively). I know this can be just sensitive cervix and completely normal so I think it must of been that but it has completely set off my anxiety about everything else. This morning I must be constipated as I was trying to go and got a shooting pain all up my left side which felt still sore for about 30-45 minutes after. It’s gone now but it’s set me off all over again and I’m just so so worried, could this just be normal? I am 5w3d
Hi lovely, I’m currently in the middle of my fourth pregnancy having suffered 2 previous losses. Bleeding is completely normal especially when early on in the pregnancy, however if you’re worried I would advise speaking to your early pregnancy unit at your local hospital. As you’re so early your early pregnancy unit may not be able to find a heartbeat on a scan (I think they normally suggest 6 weeks onwards) but it would definitely be worth speaking to them if it would help ease your worries - I would also make it clear to them about your history. Mine were very lovely and said I could go in when I was worried in this pregnancy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.