Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also got two giant dogs who I only trust with certain people lol so I’ve got a few friends who will do shifts with them, and another couple of close friends who have been through labour who I want for moral (text) support and my parents. My in laws live 3000 miles away which is sometimes a blessing 🙌 in the nicest possible way.

I’m being really firm that probs for the first month the only people I want round are my parents because I’m scared tit-less tbh about how to look after a baby. I’m a bit confused on the kissing front, I won’t mind my parents kissing her but both me and my mum get coldsores- should I not be kissing her? It lies dormant on your face so even if I don’t have one I could still pass it to her. I’ll bring it up with a midwife but I don’t wanna not kiss my daughter :(

Also I’m sticking to my guns on a lot of things. I actually don’t give a crap now about other people, my priority is my baby. My sister’s wedding plans completely changed and nobody told me, it’s a no kids wedding so obvs need to make sure Mr Muffin is around and it’s like ok whatever, I’ll go for a few hours but it’s multiple days and I’m not gonna dick away a weekend away from my 3 month old especially when nobody has told me the plans, I just don’t care anymore.
As much as you want to kiss your baby, nobody should. Parents or not.
Even more so if you're prone to cold sores.
You could risk your babies life as they can get so poorly with it and it be fatal ❤

Doesn't matter whether they're parents or not, the risks are still the same unfortunately

Reactions: 3
Why do I keep popping in and lurking on this thread 😢 my baby was 3 months old this week. The time really goes nowhere. Considering my horrendous pregnancy and birth I can’t stay away 😂❤ Sending love to you all x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why do I keep popping in and lurking on this thread 😢 my baby was 3 months old this week. The time really goes nowhere. Considering my horrendous pregnancy and birth I can’t stay away 😂❤ Sending love to you all x
I'm still here and Everleigh is 2 in April 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That’s just how it works isn’t it 😂 I had a true false alarm last night - hope things are progressing for you! Xxx
my contractions have slowed down a bit so unless something drastic happens this morning they will move me to the antenatal ward (currently in the labour ward)
The consultant came in to talk to me just as I was drifting off to sleep for the first time since Saturday morning 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
my contractions have slowed down a bit so unless something drastic happens this morning they will move me to the antenatal ward (currently in the labour ward)
The consultant came in to talk to me just as I was drifting off to sleep for the first time since Saturday morning 😭
A sleep might be just what you need x

Trigger warning: previous loss
TMI
I’m wondering if anybody that has had successful pregnancies/is further along than me can advise me on if this is normal because after looking my baby at 12 weeks pregnant last February and 2 years of infertility, I don’t have a successful pregnancy to base anything on and every little pain/twinge freaks me out. I had sex yesterday morning and there was a little red blood on my husband but if he hadn’t told me/shown me I would never of known because 24 hours later and I haven’t had so much as a single spot of blood (and I’ve been checking obsessively). I know this can be just sensitive cervix and completely normal so I think it must of been that but it has completely set off my anxiety about everything else. This morning I must be constipated as I was trying to go and got a shooting pain all up my left side which felt still sore for about 30-45 minutes after. It’s gone now but it’s set me off all over again and I’m just so so worried, could this just be normal? I am 5w3d
Totally normal love. I’m 20 weeks and bleed every time we have sex. Sometimes it’s just a tiny spot on him, once or twice it’s been a significant amount. I know it’s always scary and it’s hard not to assume the worst, especially after losses and infertility 💛

Iv been pretty good this pregnancy trying to be as healthy as I can with food ect ect… but last week or so Iv fallen off the bandwagon and eaten so much sweet stuff. Anyway had my gestational diabetes test this morning and now I’m in a panic. Sure Iv heard it’s not linked to what you have eaten. She said my finger prick reading was good was 5.2…. Dunno if this is good or not… if it is in the ok range is it a positive sign? 🥴

Iv been pretty good this pregnancy trying to be as healthy as I can with food ect ect… but last week or so Iv fallen off the bandwagon and eaten so much sweet stuff. Anyway had my gestational diabetes test this morning and now I’m in a panic. Sure Iv heard it’s not linked to what you have eaten. She said my finger prick reading was good was 5.2…. Dunno if this is good or not… if it is in the ok range is it a positive sign? 🥴
5. Something is fine, mine was always 7./8. Something after a glass of OJ 😂

You can't cause GD. Especially with what you're eating. It's a hormone thing I believe and to do with the placenta.

If she said it was good, then that means it was good

Yes 5.2 is good, my fasting level is meant to be 5.3 and after main meals it’s to be under 7.8 ☺

My naughty mum has rumbled one of names. I’m not impressed. The spooky sod had a DREAM and texted me this morning. She even thought she’d made the name up 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I’ve been very neutral in my response but urrrggghhhh it’s v annoying.

I’m quite protective over names because I don’t want to hear other people’s opinions about them. I made the mistake of telling my mum the first time round one name we were considering and she wouldn’t stop going on about how much she didn’t like it. Strangely enough once you’ve named your child everyone just has polite responses which I prefer 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My naughty mum has rumbled one of names. I’m not impressed. The spooky sod had a DREAM and texted me this morning. She even thought she’d made the name up 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I’ve been very neutral in my response but urrrggghhhh it’s v annoying.

I’m quite protective over names because I don’t want to hear other people’s opinions about them. I made the mistake of telling my mum the first time round one name we were considering and she wouldn’t stop going on about how much she didn’t like it. Strangely enough once you’ve named your child everyone just has polite responses which I prefer 😂
This is really strange as we also aren’t telling people names and my sister had a dream over Christmas and although it’s not a name we plan to use it was one of our top choices for quite a while 😂 when she told me I said it was a name we both liked but then I’d gone off it! She actually loved it which was nice anyway.
my MIL keeps going on about why won’t we just tell her, it it’s her opinion I cba with 🙃 my mum has actually been ok, she’s had a few guesses but she said she thinks it’s nice that will be a surprise given we have told people we are having a boy!

• Heart
This is really strange as we also aren’t telling people names and my sister had a dream over Christmas and although it’s not a name we plan to use it was one of our top choices for quite a while 😂 when she told me I said it was a name we both liked but then I’d gone off it! She actually loved it which was nice anyway.
my MIL keeps going on about why won’t we just tell her, it it’s her opinion I cba with 🙃 my mum has actually been ok, she’s had a few guesses but she said she thinks it’s nice that will be a surprise given we have told people we are having a boy!
People seem to think the name is fair game I don’t know why, especially if they’re the kind of people who give their opinion even when it’s not sought!!!
I’ve just said we’ve got a few on a short list but we need to meet her.
Still devastated husband vetoed my boys name (we’re having a girl 🫣 it’s just the way I work.)

like that bloody Taylor swift song, there should be a reel with someone saying “why don’t people share their baby’s name before they’re born” and my mum appears singing “IT’S ME, Hi, I’m the problem, it’s me!”

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Exactly 🙃 and because husbands brother told her she can’t understand why we won’t and keeps going on about it everytime we see her or speak to her, it does my head in lol. Haha could you make it work for a girl or not?!

Reactions: 1
Exactly 🙃 and because husbands brother told her she can’t understand why we won’t and keeps going on about it everytime we see her or speak to her, it does my head in lol. Haha could you make it work for a girl or not?!
Yeah some people can’t let go of things. Are they retired?

no, I mean, if he doesn’t like it for a boy fat chance of him liking it for a girl that’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: 1
Had our 20 week scan today - had to wait over an hour which was a struggle with a full bladder. Baby skates is looking perfect, on the 66th centile and made no secret of the fact that he’s a baby boy 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.