Pregnancy #43 4am Club bring your own cheese and biscuits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a telephone call to book my first midwife appointment 🤯 I’m shocked it’s so early, I’ll only be 7+4. I don’t know why I didn’t expect it so soon! She said it’s just lots of general stuff and health questions they go over, is there anything I need to prepare myself for?😬
Nothing to prepare for.
It'll be health questions. Family health like high blood pressure ect
You will need to know some about your partners family history too though 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just had a telephone call to book my first midwife appointment 🤯 I’m shocked it’s so early, I’ll only be 7+4. I don’t know why I didn’t expect it so soon! She said it’s just lots of general stuff and health questions they go over, is there anything I need to prepare myself for?😬
It's the booking appointment so they ask lots of questions to you set up on the system and give you your maternity folder🙂 they'll ask about medical history and current circumstances, and will probably do a urine test and blood test to start screening for any deficiencies etc. There's a page about it on the NHS website that tells you what to expect 🙂

It's the booking appointment so they ask lots of questions to you set up on the system and give you your maternity folder🙂 they'll ask about medical history and current circumstances, and will probably do a urine test and blood test to start screening for any deficiencies etc. There's a page about it on the NHS website that tells you what to expect 🙂

thank you! Tips for giving a urine sample?🤣 I’ve only ever had to do one once and made an absolute mess of it😂😂😂 is there a trick to it

• Haha
Reactions: 1
thank you! Tips for giving a urine sample?🤣 I’ve only ever had to do one once and made an absolute mess of it😂😂😂 is there a trick to it
Some places now have these little cardboard boats you can wee into and then pour your pee into the little sample pot from there x

• Heart
I used to take a couple of the sample pots each time I had an appointment and do my sample at home and take it with me - I had a special funnel I used ha ha

I’m sure there might be better deals out there atm but just been through the mamas and papas Black Friday deals cos there was stuff I wanted specifically from there and I think almost anything you could need for a baby is discounted!
their sales seemed to start really early ! We ended up in there last week and walked out with way more than we planned to 😂

• Haha
I feel absolutely massive today. My front just above my belly button feels like it’s about to explode. I think madam is making her way back up now after having an exploratory revisit down south for a bit. I’m just plodding about leaning back all the time. I’m only 26 weeks.

I saw another mum at school today who I swear has been pregnant forever and she still hasn’t had her baby. I feel like that’s going to be me. Aggghhhhhhhhh.There is no point To this post just having a moan. Thank you.

Reactions: 4
I saw another mum at school today who I swear has been pregnant forever and she still hasn’t had her baby. I feel like that’s going to be me. Aggghhhhhhhhh.There is no point To this post just having a moan. Thank you.
This is me, been pregnant for like 39372626 years and still have 4 weeks to go 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 4
At my booking appointment they gave me a cardboard bedpan like @WeHadFunRight mentioned, and it has a funnel to pour into the tube. At my 16 week midwife appointment she just gave me the very narrow sample pot so I asked how best to get it in neatly and she said "don't worry if it gets messy, just rinse the outside of the tube after, I don't mind!"... and that's exactly what happened 😂

Reactions: 2
I cried at work the other day because someone said they weren't sure if a patients cats were being fed or not. :)

TBF though I used to cry regularly before I got pregnant at anything cat related.
When I was pregnant I cried at work because someone had ran a pigeon over in the car park and killed it even thought I DETEST pigeons 🤷‍♀️ Pregnancy hormones are fun aren’t they?!

Some places now have these little cardboard boats you can wee into and then pour your pee into the little sample pot from there x
OMG is that what you are meant to do with them! I've never seen the cardboard boats before I went to the assessment unit last week. I thought it was so you could carry the sample bottle around without touching it so I was in the waiting room with the bottle sat in it 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
At my booking appointment they gave me a cardboard bedpan like @WeHadFunRight mentioned, and it has a funnel to pour into the tube. At my 16 week midwife appointment she just gave me the very narrow sample pot so I asked how best to get it in neatly and she said "don't worry if it gets messy, just rinse the outside of the tube after, I don't mind!"... and that's exactly what happened 😂
Hahaha okay good that’s what I had to do when I did one. At least they’re used to people being messy with them😆

My tip for samples is to wrap a bit of loo roll around the pot if you don't have anything else to wee in first - saves your label getting all urine-y!

Boots atm have £5 off every £30 you spend, if you have an advantage card you can also join the baby club and get 8 points per £1 rather than just 4 (I think it's 4 normally) and loads of the baby stuff is in the black friday sale. We've just ordered our snuzpod 4, a gro egg, sheets and some of the expert midwife stuff for £190 which has given us 750 pts as well as 2% cashback through Topcashback if you use that too!

OMG is that what you are meant to do with them! I've never seen the cardboard boats before I went to the assessment unit last week. I thought it was so you could carry the sample bottle around without touching it so I was in the waiting room with the bottle sat in it 😅
I snorted so loud I woke the baby 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Does anyone have any breastfeeding websites/book recommendations?
And any good books with the options available at birth (pain relief mainly/how far you have to be dilated/things the partner can do etc) as I know it’s online but I like to sit & physically read for it to go in my brain 😂

Does anyone have any breastfeeding websites/book recommendations?
And any good books with the options available at birth (pain relief mainly/how far you have to be dilated/things the partner can do etc) as I know it’s online but I like to sit & physically read for it to go in my brain 😂
the positive breastfeeding book and the positive birth book x

Baby Pug (my second bub and rainbow) arrived on Tuesday at 4.49pm after a quick labour and birth at home 🥰 the birth could not have gone any better. Waters went around half 12. Established labour by 3, managed with my TENs machine on my ball. Midwives arrived by 4 with gas and air (the best). Got in the pool at 4.40 and started pushing straight away and he was out 9 minutes later 🤯. He’s a big chunky boy too - 9lb8oz and not a single tear or graze, I couldn’t believe it! After pushing for 2 hours with my 6lb11oz first born and ending up with episiotomy and ventouse my mind is blown.

Currently on postnatal ward though as baby kept breathing a bit fast so he’s on antibiotics as a precaution but hopefully we can go home very soon 🤞🏻. He’s just gorgeous and I’m loving the newborn snuggles. So excited for all you pregnant ladies to meet your babies soon 🥰 have loved reading this thread from the start. Hope you don’t mind if I stick around for a bit longer x

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Baby Pug (my second bub and rainbow) arrived on Tuesday at 4.49pm after a quick labour and birth at home 🥰 the birth could not have gone any better. Waters went around half 12. Established labour by 3, managed with my TENs machine on my ball. Midwives arrived by 4 with gas and air (the best). Got in the pool at 4.40 and started pushing straight away and he was out 9 minutes later 🤯. He’s a big chunky boy too - 9lb8oz and not a single tear or graze, I couldn’t believe it! After pushing for 2 hours with my 6lb11oz first born and ending up with episiotomy and ventouse my mind is blown.

Currently on postnatal ward though as baby kept breathing a bit fast so he’s on antibiotics as a precaution but hopefully we can go home very soon 🤞🏻. He’s just gorgeous and I’m loving the newborn snuggles. So excited for all you pregnant ladies to meet your babies soon 🥰 have loved reading this thread from the start. Hope you don’t mind if I stick around for a bit longer x
We have a New Baby thread too so feel free to come along!
I'm still commenting on the pregnancy thread and mine is 19 months 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.