Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else keep seeing those articles come up on Facebook like ‘why I regret becoming a mum, it’s a scam’ 😬😬 (probably because I clicked on one before). I love children so much and I’m not a party girl/big drinker so Im not concerned about ‘mourning’ my youth or anything like that but mentally am I gonna be able to cope if it’s THAT hard that people regret becoming mothers? I’m scared I’m not going to be good enough.
I think I found motherhood a big adjustment at first, and I definitely have my moments where I wish I could just have a day to myself to go sit in a quiet coffee shop and relax, or have a mooch around the shops without a toddler in tow! But I love my son more than anything in the world and ultimately I wouldn't change a thing. I'm sure once you meet your baby, you'll feel the same way - maybe not immediately, but over time, that love will come, and it will outweigh any hard times.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I’m back from the GTT - 2 blood tests in two hours, they didn’t do a finger prick on me, but at the start she said she takes my blood and tests it to make sure it’s within the range she needs to work with (did not elaborate further).

My main advice is down the drink, it’s gross! Download some Netflix. I tried to do some work but the lighting in the waiting room just made me want to nap instead…

Just chowing down on a prawn mayo sandwich, s&v squares and a fake treat size mars bar before logging on to my emails 😂 I am such a wild ride.

Does anyone else keep seeing those articles come up on Facebook like ‘why I regret becoming a mum, it’s a scam’ 😬😬 (probably because I clicked on one before). I love children so much and I’m not a party girl/big drinker so Im not concerned about ‘mourning’ my youth or anything like that but mentally am I gonna be able to cope if it’s THAT hard that people regret becoming mothers? I’m scared I’m not going to be good enough.
motherhood is hard and especially at the beginning I was like “WTF is this fresh hell?” But you a) get used to it and b) things (I.e. you and your baby etc) change. I mean you’ve MADE a PERSON, and that is pretty incredible, I don’t think many people actually want to reverse that. They just don’t want the hard work that comes with it.
Besides, you might get a very easy baby, they exist, let’s hope for the best.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Did anyone feel like they had a bit of a relapse with sickness in their second trimester? My first trimester I felt sick but never was sick and it didn’t stop me getting through my day. Now I’m 14 weeks I’ve been sick a small amount this morning and the past week everything is setting off my gag reflex and making me feel nauseous especially when I cough even when I’m in public places! I’m hoping it’s going to pass fairly soon!
Yeh I did about 15 weeks, had the worst sickness I ever had, throwing up in the street. But it only lasted a couple of days and now I don't have any nausea. I was prescribed omeperazole for acid reflux around the same time so not sure if related !

Sorry for the TMI but am 33 weeks and have had some very light bleeding after sex. No pain and blood was very light pink in colour and hasn’t continued. Not sure whether to worry or just put it down to cervix being irritated maybe?

I keep getting a rolling type sensation… almost like a mild muscle spasm… gassy type feeling just below belly button area!! Does this sound like baby? I have an anterior placenta so don’t wanna believe it’s baby and it’s just gas! Just had a frappaccino and started happening a lot! Im 19+5.
Be honest does this sound like I just have trapped wind 🥴

Reactions: 2
Sorry for the TMI but am 33 weeks and have had some very light bleeding after sex. No pain and blood was very light pink in colour and hasn’t continued. Not sure whether to worry or just put it down to cervix being irritated maybe?
I had some light pink spotting after having sex at about 12 weeks, apparently it's normal to have some pale spotting after sex as everything is a little swollen/sensitive down there! It might be worth contacting your midwife just to check though 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I keep getting a rolling type sensation… almost like a mild muscle spasm… gassy type feeling just below belly button area!! Does this sound like baby? I have an anterior placenta so don’t wanna believe it’s baby and it’s just gas! Just had a frappaccino and started happening a lot! Im 19+5.
Sounds like movements to me! Do you know if you go on a roller coaster or drive down a short steep hill your belly sort of rolls? That's the only way I could describe my sons first movements, sort of like waves in my stomach until the actual 'kicks' began.

I had a weird pulsing/spasm sensation near my belly button recently, I mentioned it to my midwife today and she said it was too high up for baby and it was probably my organs shifting a bit - I'm 17 weeks today. Keep an eye though, it could be the start of something!

Speaking of which - I had my 16 to 18 week midwife appointment today and it was so reassuring. It was my first time meeting my midwife and she's lovely, she took time to explain everything and said she'll check baby's heartbeat at every appointment which is really reassuring. It was so lovely hearing the heartbeat today as I'd prepared myself in case something had gone wrong since the 12 week scan - but all is well, and I even got a recording to play to my husband 🙂

Sounds like movements to me! Do you know if you go on a roller coaster or drive down a short steep hill your belly sort of rolls? That's the only way I could describe my sons first movements, sort of like waves in my stomach until the actual 'kicks' began.
Yesss this is what I was trying to describe to my husband a few days ago!! When your tummy gets left behind! I seem to mainly notice it when laying or sitting down.
Keep thinking it’s gas… but no gas appears!!

Thanks, I did have a quick google and it says to look out for it being yellow tinged. TMI this is not. It’s clear. There’s been a few moments where Iv had to question did I just let out a tiny bit of wee!
So much stuff no one warns you about 🥴
I have wiped a couple of times, 14 weeks on Friday, and it has a yellow tinge.
Is this an infection? Will this not have been picked up on my urine sample?

Are you taking pregnecare? Makes your wee and discharge a funny colour x

Reactions: 3
That sounds very normal for discharge. It changes throughout pregnancy constantly.
If you've not drank much too, then it could be urine.
As long as it doesn't smell strong, it sounds normal 😊

I had to ask my midwife because it was either green or bright yellow 🤣🤣🤣 she said it’s very common and it’s one of the vitamins in there I can’t remember which one 💗
I think it's vitamin C? I could be very wrong though. Happens with regular vitamins too :)

Movements question. Baby was being super active over the weekend - kicking away really hard. He's still moving and kicking but it's not quite as noticeable and possibly feels a bit more internal. Has he just turned round or should I be worried? I'm 28 weeks tomorrow.

Movements question. Baby was being super active over the weekend - kicking away really hard. He's still moving and kicking but it's not quite as noticeable and possibly feels a bit more internal. Has he just turned round or should I be worried? I'm 28 weeks tomorrow.
I don’t know the answer but I'm
In a similar position… she’s been quite high on my tummy recently but today she seems to be back down on my bladder/shifted back.

Mini tattle420 was born on 15/11 at 2340H @ 38+4! He’s absolutely amazing and we couldn’t be happier despite the ~18h labour.

Tldr: had contractions at 5am on 15/11 and went to the hospital at 7:30am bc they were about 6mins apart. At this point I had not lost my mucus plug at all and waters hadn't broken so was shocked that I was having contractions. Found out I was 4cm dilated at admission (to my shock). Proceeded to get to 5cm at about 10am and stayed at 5-6cm for HOURS. Got my epidural at 11am and only moved on to 7.5cm in the evening after doc broke my water at around 5pm. Well, epidural stopped working for the last 2cm + pushing so I felt everything incl the ring of fire 😣 Glad that I only pushed for 20 mins in the end though, I was beyond exhausted. Also kept throwing up all my food and got the shakes super bad throughout. Still would consider it a positive experience!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
This sounds normal, as long as the movements are still regular and 'normal' for your baby. I'd imagine baby has just moved position x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.