Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone here breastfed their baby when they already have a toddler running round? I never managed to breastfeed my first son as I simply didn’t have a clue what I was doing and he refused to latch on, but I’d like to try again this time round, as I think faffing with bottles might be a pain when I also have another child to look after. But then I don’t know if it will be difficult breastfeeding for long periods when the older one wants entertaining etc., whereas feeding a bottle always seemed relatively quick.
You'll save time on sterilising but I couldn't have imagined looking after another kid during cluster feeding 😳 I'd say try BF but be open about formula for the odd feed and see what works

Reactions: 1
You'll save time on sterilising but I couldn't have imagined looking after another kid during cluster feeding 😳 I'd say try BF but be open about formula for the odd feed and see what works
Mm this is what I wondered about, thank you! My partner will be around to help too but I guess we’ll just have to see how we go.

My pee is always cloudy during pregnancy for some reason.
The midwife did say it could be discharge as I never had an infection!
This is also what I thought as (TMI) but I have lots of discharge which seems to have increased a tiny bit from this week too - the joys 😄

Anyone else getting quite a lot of pains? 30 weeks tomorrow and they’re quite comfortable but he’s still moving as normal!

Has anyone here breastfed their baby when they already have a toddler running round? I never managed to breastfeed my first son as I simply didn’t have a clue what I was doing and he refused to latch on, but I’d like to try again this time round, as I think faffing with bottles might be a pain when I also have another child to look after. But then I don’t know if it will be difficult breastfeeding for long periods when the older one wants entertaining etc., whereas feeding a bottle always seemed relatively quick.
My friend has EBF her baby with a 4 yr old. Not sure how old your toddler is but people do it. The thing with BFing is the experience is different person to person and baby to baby. Some women have a really strong supply and a baby who is fed very quickly, and happy to come off the boob no problem at all, others have not as strong supply and baby takes a while to get full feed, some babies get a lot of comfort for BFing and want to stay attached for ages. Which I guess if you have a toddler you just have to manage their expectations! But EBF with another child is of course possible.

My friend has EBF her baby with a 4 yr old. Not sure how old your toddler is but people do it. The thing with BFing is the experience is different person to person and baby to baby. Some women have a really strong supply and a baby who is fed very quickly, and happy to come off the boob no problem at all, others have not as strong supply and baby takes a while to get full feed, some babies get a lot of comfort for BFing and want to stay attached for ages. Which I guess if you have a toddler you just have to manage their expectations! But EBF with another child is of course possible.
Yeah he’s 3 1/2 so getting quite independent now, which might make it a bit easier. That all makes sense, happy to combination feed if necessary so can see how things go!

Is it normal to not really have any nausea or sickness at 5w+5? I had nausea the week I found out I was pregnant which tipped me off but I haven't really had any since... starting to worry...

I haven’t but my sister in law had a baby 3/4 weeks ago & also has a 2 year old - she’s BF and has said on days with cluster feeding they tend to do home activities /tv shows / garden play and on the better days they try and head out to a group or meet friends.
But she said she has found it easier this time round than first time.
I think she also said the ease is she can just feed within seconds compared to if she had to worry about remembering all the toddlers stuff & then baby bottles/formula etc!
Hope you manage to find something that works for you 😊

Reactions: 3
Is it normal to not really have any nausea or sickness at 5w+5? I had nausea the week I found out I was pregnant which tipped me off but I haven't really had any since... starting to worry...
Totally. I threw up about four times and was nauseous maybe once a week in my first trimester.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else experienced a really sore tummy most the time. Even when I can go to loo… my tummy feels sore and almost bruised!! I’m 18+3

3 pregnancies and never had any 😊
Not everyone gets it.
You're also very early 😊

Symptoms don't mean anything 😊 some have lots, some have none

Very normal, I was like this then 6 weeks came and felt sick to my stomach everyday all day & night. Currently 16+1 and still feeling the same 🫣🫣

• Heart
This might be a stupid question, but what happens if midwives go on strike, is there a risk of not having a midwife available when you're in labour?! I have a feeling someone who works for the NHS posted here about this previously and said there were some sort of safeguards in place to ensure there is enough staff available, but if that's the case then I don't really understand how the strike would work!

This might be a stupid question, but what happens if midwives go on strike, is there a risk of not having a midwife available when you're in labour?! I have a feeling someone who works for the NHS posted here about this previously and said there were some sort of safeguards in place to ensure there is enough staff available, but if that's the case then I don't really understand how the strike would work!
Not everyone will strike, minimum staffing levels would be adhered too on possible strike days.
So it's not that staff would just not turn in for their shift because there is a strike.
Services probably will run slower but it won't all grind to a halt 😊

Reactions: 6
It’s hard at first, whilst they take longer to feed and feed more often. Telly/snacks are your friends here!! But once you’ve got the hang of breastfeeding, then it’s not really a problem. Saves on the making a bottle / cleaning & sterilising bottles as another job when you’re already busy!

This was me, I was worried as I had barely any symptoms at first. It started to gradually increase over the weeks and come and go at bit. However by about week 9 it hit me hard was sick everyday. Everyone is different though I know friends who were never sick everything was fine

• Heart
I was never sick, my only real symptom in the first trimester was fatigue

Reactions: 4
It's more likely that there'll just be less staff but enough to safely cover the ward, they'll avoid booking or cancel any planned inductions or csections if they can wait to free up staff.

I’m 30 weeks and my ribs feel achy over the last couple of days. Has anyone else experienced this? Might be a silly question

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.