Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it helps, half of them will be feeling wind and will put it down to movement because like you, they are comparing themselves and probably getting themselves into a state too x
This is very true, hadn’t thought of it this way! I will try and stop comparing! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2
And has anyone else only had a midwife appointment at 8 weeks then had to wait until 20/21 weeks until they see them again? It’s my first pregnancy and I feel like it’s such a long time!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone on here have a tilted uterus? After years of scans no one has ever mentioned it but the sonographer at our 13 week scan told me a few weeks ago as she said it was making baby harder to look at to check everything.

I only ask as my back pain is so bad however the only thing she said was baby will grow inwards before popping out (belly I’m guessing although I have a bit of a bump!?) when they’re much bigger.
So I’m assuming that’s what the back pain is as it’s right on the side baby was at the scan a few weeks ago.

Can anyone tell me it gets better? Because this paired with what my midwife thinks is sciatica is turning my poor back in a 90 year olds 🫠🫠
I have a tilted uterus 🙂. Also made it much more difficult at my first scan and ended up having to have an internal one.
By my 20 week scan, baby had grown and tilted it back the correct way which is pretty common apparently so we had no issues.
Luckily it didn’t give me any back issues. It’s not uncommon so I wouldn’t worry 🙂

And has anyone else only had a midwife appointment at 8 weeks then had to wait until 20/21 weeks until they see them again? It’s my first pregnancy and I feel like it’s such a long time!
I had one in between, so I had one around 10 weeks, then again at 16 but my next one isn’t until I’m like 23/24 weeks. My mum is a bit horrified really as she said she had them monthly when she was pregnant 30+ years ago. I think it depends on the area you’re in as well?

I had one in between, so I had one around 10 weeks, then again at 16 but my next one isn’t until I’m like 23/24 weeks. My mum is a bit horrified really as she said she had them monthly when she was pregnant 30+ years ago. I think it depends on the area you’re in as well?
Ours are booking appointment at 8 - 10 weeks, scan at 12, another appointment at 16, scan at 20, then appointments at 24, 30, 32? And so on I think.

There’s a list on the NHS website which I thought was a standard protocol?

Ours are booking appointment at 8 - 10 weeks, scan at 12, another appointment at 16, scan at 20, then appointments at 24, 30, 32? And so on I think.

There’s a list on the NHS website which I thought was a standard protocol?

you should be having a 16 week appt after your 12 week scan but I know in a lot of trusts you have to book this yourself once you’ve had your scan!

Does anyone on here have a tilted uterus? After years of scans no one has ever mentioned it but the sonographer at our 13 week scan told me a few weeks ago as she said it was making baby harder to look at to check everything.

I only ask as my back pain is so bad however the only thing she said was baby will grow inwards before popping out (belly I’m guessing although I have a bit of a bump!?) when they’re much bigger.
So I’m assuming that’s what the back pain is as it’s right on the side baby was at the scan a few weeks ago.

Can anyone tell me it gets better? Because this paired with what my midwife thinks is sciatica is turning my poor back in a 90 year olds 🫠🫠
I have a tilted uterus!! And me too, after years of ivf transfers and scans I was unaware! Was told it would correct itself and isn’t an issue. Was only at the earlier scans I had an internal up to about 10 weeks.

See this is what I expected we would have but we’ve only had 1 at 8 weeks then our 12 week scan with sonographer and next midwife appointment at 20 weeks then next scan at 21 weeks.
It had 16-20 week appointment but she crossed the 16 out & has left put it at 20 weeks but I thought that 20 was for our scan which now isn’t until 21 🤦🏼‍♀️

5 days overdue now 😅 stubborn little monkey. Midwife again today for another sweep and to book induction but think I’m just gonna ask for induction to be booked as early as possible and leave the sweep cos I’m still sore from Mondays 😖 and it’s done f all! Trying not to let myself get fed up and just go with the flow but I’m sooo tired and uncomfortable now 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have a tilted uterus!! And me too, after years of ivf transfers and scans I was unaware! Was told it would correct itself and isn’t an issue. Was only at the earlier scans I had an internal up to about 10 weeks.
I guess if no issues they may not need to tell us but I assumed it would be something to note- especially as it says can be the reason/cause for extremely painful heavy periods & pain during sex. It would’ve saved the NHS lots of time & money if a sonographer had picked up on that 15 years ago!
I had to have an internal at 13 weeks but only because baby wouldn’t move to see the spine properly.
Good to know it corrects itself though! Thank you!

I’m 37 weeks 4 days today and I’m starting to get really anxious about birth! I don’t know if I’m going to cope with the pain. I hate needles too 😩

I would consider an epidural but I’m worried I’ll end up paralysed.

At the same time I want this baby to come asap as I’m feeling extremely uncomfortable now but getting no signs really except increased lightening crotch pain. The third trimester has definitely been the worst for me

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like a bottomless pit today. I’ve had a big bowl of cereal, a cereal bar, a cookie, a fried egg and a hash brown and I’m still hungry 😭

Had our 16 week midwife app (at 18 weeks) and she found our babies heartbeat. I’m just so relieved. Thanks for listen and responding to my wobble this morning xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Mention of my previous loss-
Feeling really low last few days. My anxiety is really high as Iv today got my 16 week midwife app but I’m 17+5. This is where my last pregnancy she offered to listen to heartbeat, couldn’t fit it so sent us for scan and we learnt baby had passed. I would love to say yes and be confident she would find heartbeat but I can’t go back through being sent off to hospital if she can’t.
Iv managed to book a scan privately for tommorow so feel it maybe sensible to wait for that.
Last few nights Iv been having some really awful pregnancy dreams. Iv got myself utterly convinced something is wrong.
It doesn’t help that the ivf community I dip into… everyone similar dates is starting to feel baby, show pictures of bumps… Iv felt no movement (placenta at front). And really have no bump, have a belly anyway so sometimes it just looks abit fatter and I feel abit more bloated.
Sorry for dumping this here. Iv just got myself in such a state something is wrong.
I'm sorry that must bring back such awful memories for you. Just to add another voice of reassurance, I'm 21 weeks now and only in the last couple of weeks I've started to feel baby move properly (even then rarely), I also have an anterior placenta. Only about then I also started to look pregnant and have a bump, rather than just all in roundness ☺ I hope your appointment goes well.

• Heart
you should be having a 16 week appt after your 12 week scan but I know in a lot of trusts you have to book this yourself once you’ve had your scan!
My 16 week appt didn't get booked automatically for some reason, I had to sort it out when I was at the hospital for something else - the receptionist asked why the midwife hadn't booked it at my last appt which was really odd!

When it finally happened the appt was really short, barely 15 minutes!

So exciting not long to go now @catgal and @ChattyMammy ❤❤❤ I know this bit is the hardest, well it was for me just felt in such limbo waiting for baby to arrive! But it will be so worth it xx

How are you doing @Chrisxo
I’m doing okay thank you, not sleeping well at all but have no signs of anything happening so just waiting it out my induction has been booked for next Friday at 9am in a way I’m hoping he waits till then as it’s just easier for the sake of getting a lift to the hospital etc but we will see🙈 hope everyone else is doing okay 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You should have one at 16 weeks, scan between 18 and 21 weeks and then a 25 week midwife appointment if it's your first.

I'd call up and query it 😊

I was told at my first appointment that I would have one at 15/16 weeks but I would need to call my doctors and book this myself after I had my 12 week scan so I don’t think they book they automatically everywhere. Did anyone else have a different midwife for their initial appointment than who they will have for the rest of their pregnancy

I was told at my first appointment that I would have one at 15/16 weeks but I would need to call my doctors and book this myself after I had my 12 week scan so I don’t think they book they automatically everywhere. Did anyone else have a different midwife for their initial appointment than who they will have for the rest of their pregnancy
My last pregnancy is the only one that I've seen the same midwife all the way through!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.