Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A client of mine who I met for the first time today asked when I was due etc and when I told her, her exact words were "oh are you sure there's only one in there" 😡 erm yes hun, I'm 31 weeks and plus sized anyway 🙄
Bloody rude! I'm sorry that happened.

Question- with feeling the baby move, is it normal to feel it slightly to one side? I’m nearly 19 weeks and the last 4-5 days have felt movement every day which is lovely but it’s mostly slightly off centre, just to the right. It moves around a little but that’s where I’m feeling it the most.
Last week I pretty much only felt my baby on the left because of how he was facing. He's moved round a lot since and the latest trick is tapping on both sides of my tum at once! I do feel him on the right sometimes but definitely more frequently/clearer on the left. (I'm 25 weeks)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had a rough day today, blood test and then was expecting a growth scan for baby but they did a Doppler artery scan instead to check the blood flow. It hurt so much and I thought I was going to throw up I had to get her to stop. They could only find one artery and said it looked normal. I finally saw the consultant face to face and I feel so daunted with everything now. She intimated my blood pressure is high (I have typed it into Google and it said it’s normal??) now I have to be monitored monthly up to 28 weeks, fortnightly after that, then weekly post 32 weeks I think. I really feel like sh*t and I’ve spent most of the afternoon in bed.
Sorry for the whinge, I just don’t have anywhere to let it all out,

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Had a rough day today, blood test and then was expecting a growth scan for baby but they did a Doppler artery scan instead to check the blood flow. It hurt so much and I thought I was going to throw up I had to get her to stop. They could only find one artery and said it looked normal. I finally saw the consultant face to face and I feel so daunted with everything now. She intimated my blood pressure is high (I have typed it into Google and it said it’s normal??) now I have to be monitored monthly up to 28 weeks, fortnightly after that, then weekly post 32 weeks I think. I really feel like sh*t and I’ve spent most of the afternoon in bed.
Don't apologise, this our safe space to let everything out 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I found the artery scan so painful too! The technician really had to dig in with the wand.

Could it be that the blood pressure was just high in relative terms for you? Everyone has a different normal level. At least the regular monitoring means you get regular reassurance that everything is okay. I have to have regular scans from 32 weeks myself so I must admit I’m a bit nervous they’ll just suddenly decide to induce me at some point!

• Heart
I found the artery scan so painful too! The technician really had to dig in with the wand.

Could it be that the blood pressure was just high in relative terms for you? Everyone has a different normal level. At least the regular monitoring means you get regular reassurance that everything is okay. I have to have regular scans from 32 weeks myself so I must admit I’m a bit nervous they’ll just suddenly decide to induce me at some point!
I know I sound dramatic but at one point I thought she’s going to break the skin!

yes,maybe. Tbh mydiet and exercise has been awful and I get out of breath so quickly I know I shouldn’t be surprised. I think her intimating rather than telling me outright annoyed me, I’m a very straight talker and I don’t like people who make me try and guess what they’re saying.

I was also a bit annoyed they didn’t remeasure the baby - she even said herself that it might be something they’ve got wrong. I suppose I just want to be left alone a bit 😂 rather than being dragged back and forth the hospital every other week!

Reactions: 3
What's the Doppler scan? First hearing of it I feel there's so much nobody ever talks about. So sorry you've had a rough day I hope you feel better.

• Heart
What's the Doppler scan? First hearing of it I feel there's so much nobody ever talks about. So sorry you've had a rough day I hope you feel better.
They had to check for the blood flow to the baby so they use a Doppler to do this, it’s hooked up to the monitor and they take measurements but the arteries are quite deep and it’s an uncomfortable scan (at least for me) - the reason I had it was because my baby is measuring on the small side in the 8th percentile, and blood flow can be the cause of restricted fetal growth.

• Heart
I know I sound dramatic but at one point I thought she’s going to break the skin!

yes,maybe. Tbh mydiet and exercise has been awful and I get out of breath so quickly I know I shouldn’t be surprised. I think her intimating rather than telling me outright annoyed me, I’m a very straight talker and I don’t like people who make me try and guess what they’re saying.

I was also a bit annoyed they didn’t remeasure the baby - she even said herself that it might be something they’ve got wrong. I suppose I just want to be left alone a bit 😂 rather than being dragged back and forth the hospital every other week!
When was your last growth scan? Our trust won't do growth scans more often than once a fortnight. At one point I was alternating growth and doppler scans. I asked could they not be done at the same time because the weekly trips to the hospital seemed ridiculous and they agreed.

I'm back again on Thursday for my last growth scan. If this one isn't satisfactory she could be here within days 😱😱

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When was your last growth scan? Our trust won't do growth scans more often than once a fortnight. At one point I was alternating growth and doppler scans. I asked could they not be done at the same time because the weekly trips to the hospital seemed ridiculous and they agreed.

I'm back again on Thursday for my last growth scan. If this one isn't satisfactory she could be here within days 😱😱
It was 3 weeks ago so that must be it - but I wish someone had explained it to me, my expectations of today were totally off! Thanks for the tip, that’s good to know I can ask for that, thank you!

Growth scans and dopplers can absolutely be done at the same time! Don't let them tell you any different. I had weekly growth scans and dopplers with the twins from 29 weeks! And then daily from 31 weeks till we delivered 7 days later!

• Heart
Well due date tomorrow… the day that felt like a lifetime away when I found out🥺 went for a walk earlier and my back oh my god agony!! Induction booked for next Thursday if nothing happens before… I’ve all of a sudden become terrified of the pain etc. Thinking of asking my midwife if she can do a sweep before the planned one on Monday. I just want baby girl to come!!! Whoever said this was the hardest part was so right😩

I just want baby girl to come!!! Whoever said this was the hardest part was so right😩
Quoting myself to add just to top it off I’ve just fallen out with my boyfriend and come to bed in a sulk feeling like I could cry. I am so fed up and so over being pregnant it’s unreal😂 nobody knows what this feels like or how you feel. Except people that have been pregnant!🫠

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Had my 2nd scan today and baby measuring perfectly 9+1 have officially been discharged from our fertility clinic woohoo 🥳 can hopefully start to feel more excited now!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Laid awake stressing about work... Not long to go and I can forget about it for a while.

Baby cheese is also having her nightly disco. I hope this isn't going to be the same on the outside haha.

Last edited:
glad i've finally started working from home bc the aches & pains are intense (currently at 36w5d). the anxiety of just waiting is killing my husband and i lol, it's crazy that it's just a waiting game now

4am club? Honestly I had maybe 2 weeks of not waking up at stupid o clock but I seem to have reverted. I keep having really weird and vivid dreams, today was about a fry up so think I’m hungry 😂

Mention of my previous loss-
Feeling really low last few days. My anxiety is really high as Iv today got my 16 week midwife app but I’m 17+5. This is where my last pregnancy she offered to listen to heartbeat, couldn’t fit it so sent us for scan and we learnt baby had passed. I would love to say yes and be confident she would find heartbeat but I can’t go back through being sent off to hospital if she can’t.
Iv managed to book a scan privately for tommorow so feel it maybe sensible to wait for that.
Last few nights Iv been having some really awful pregnancy dreams. Iv got myself utterly convinced something is wrong.
It doesn’t help that the ivf community I dip into… everyone similar dates is starting to feel baby, show pictures of bumps… Iv felt no movement (placenta at front). And really have no bump, have a belly anyway so sometimes it just looks abit fatter and I feel abit more bloated.
Sorry for dumping this here. Iv just got myself in such a state something is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mention of my previous loss-
Feeling really low last few days. My anxiety is really high as Iv today got my 16 week midwife app but I’m 17+5. This is where my last pregnancy she offered to listen to heartbeat, couldn’t fit it so sent us for scan and we learnt baby had passed. I would love to say yes and be confident she would find heartbeat but I can’t go back through being sent off to hospital if she can’t.
Iv managed to book a scan privately for tommorow so feel it maybe sensible to wait for that.
Last few nights Iv been having some really awful pregnancy dreams. Iv got myself utterly convinced something is wrong.
It doesn’t help that the ivf community I dip into… everyone similar dates is starting to feel baby, show pictures of bumps… Iv felt no movement (placenta at front). And really have no bump, have a belly anyway so sometimes it just looks abit fatter and I feel abit more bloated.
Sorry for dumping this here. Iv just got myself in such a state something is wrong.
just to hopefully give you some peace of mind, at 17/18 week, remember the baby is still really small so to not feel it even more so with a front placenta is quite normal! I’m 23 weeks, the past week I’ve only just started to feel, what I think, is the baby moving and I have a front placenta, also with a bump, my tummy has only just started to actually look like a bump the past few days, mine was just a bloated tummy on a evening for ages, everyone is different so please don’t compare ❤ sending you best wishes!

• Heart
just to hopefully give you some peace of mind, at 17/18 week, remember the baby is still really small so to not feel it even more so with a front placenta is quite normal! I’m 23 weeks, the past week I’ve only just started to feel, what I think, is the baby moving and I have a front placenta, also with a bump, my tummy has only just started to actually look like a bump the past few days, mine was just a bloated tummy on a evening for ages, everyone is different so please don’t compare ❤ sending you best wishes!
Thankyou so much! That really helps! think iv just got myself into a real flap! I’m a nightmare for comparing then panicking!

• Heart
Thankyou so much! That really helps! think iv just got myself into a real flap! I’m a nightmare for comparing then panicking!
If it helps, half of them will be feeling wind and will put it down to movement because like you, they are comparing themselves and probably getting themselves into a state too x

Does anyone on here have a tilted uterus? After years of scans no one has ever mentioned it but the sonographer at our 13 week scan told me a few weeks ago as she said it was making baby harder to look at to check everything.

I only ask as my back pain is so bad however the only thing she said was baby will grow inwards before popping out (belly I’m guessing although I have a bit of a bump!?) when they’re much bigger.
So I’m assuming that’s what the back pain is as it’s right on the side baby was at the scan a few weeks ago.

Can anyone tell me it gets better? Because this paired with what my midwife thinks is sciatica is turning my poor back in a 90 year olds 🫠🫠

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.