Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Childcare costs are a disgrace and it’s all the big bosses raking it in.
When I have this baby I’ll probably be staying off until they go to school since our local nursery (where I used to work) will be about £1850 for 5 days per month once baby is a year old.
We’re better off me not working 🤯 Times are really crazy- I do wonder when it will change? It’s not sustainable for anyone
Sorry 5 days a month??? Not per week??? Christ, most round me (in a relatively nice area) are between £50-£100 per day. That’s unbelievable!!!

Sorry 5 days a month??? Not per week??? Christ, most round me (in a relatively nice area) are between £50-£100 per day. That’s unbelievable!!!
No sorry I meant that’s the total monthly cost for 5 days per week😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm only four days into my gestational diabetes diagnosis and I'm already so over it. Decided to make a spinach and mushroom omelette for lunch and managed to burn but also scramble it, all while my husband sat tucking into white bread, crisps, a kit kat. Only 29 weeks so going to be a loooooong wait

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Morning! How do you decide about the hours you’re gonna do when you return to work?
As time is ticking on, I’ve been really thinking about what I will do, what I can afford, childcare etc … I’ll definitely be returning back to work after my maternity leave but deciding on the hours is tough! What I think will be best for me is 2 days in work, my mum babysitting 1 day, partners mum the other day but it’ll be a shock going from full time money to part time money!
I'm thinking exactly this ! Two days with my mum one day, his the other but stressing about the cut in pay already

• Heart
oooo I’m 23 weeks, my 25 week appointment with my midwife isn’t until 21st Nov so I’ll be over 25 weeks then, and I was told they’d give me my MATB1 in that appointment 😬 May have to ring up my midwife tomorrow about that if I need to share it with my employer before I’m 25 weeks
I didn’t get my MATB1 until I was 28 weeks, it has to be shared with employer by 15 weeks before you due date

I'm only four days into my gestational diabetes diagnosis and I'm already so over it. Decided to make a spinach and mushroom omelette for lunch and managed to burn but also scramble it, all while my husband sat tucking into white bread, crisps, a kit kat. Only 29 weeks so going to be a loooooong wait
I feel for you 😫 💗

• Heart
I’m likely to be heading for the same diagnosis. I had an appointment on Tuesday where I got a lot of not great feedback, so I’m trying to adjust my eating habits too but initially I took the outlook pretty badly too. It’s a really bitter pill to swallow isn’t it. You probably have some more processing to do with the whole diagnosis but try and stay calm and remember it is at least temporary - just like not drinking alcohol and missing out on pate!
I’m trying to curb my salt intake but a friend made me a bacon sarnie at theirs this morning and looks like I’m having fruit and yoghurt for dinner as a result 😂 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m likely to be heading for the same diagnosis. I had an appointment on Tuesday where I got a lot of not great feedback, so I’m trying to adjust my eating habits too but initially I took the outlook pretty badly too. It’s a really bitter pill to swallow isn’t it. You probably have some more processing to do with the whole diagnosis but try and stay calm and remember it is at least temporary - just like not drinking alcohol and missing out on pate!
I’m trying to curb my salt intake but a friend made me a bacon sarnie at theirs this morning and looks like I’m having fruit and yoghurt for dinner as a result 😂 xx
I had no risk factors just glucose in urine at a midwife appointment and have it, I think it's just the luck of the draw so fingers crossed you will be ok!! Xx

• Heart
Hi everyone 👋🏼 I’m almost six weeks. Had two losses this year so feeling anxious but all good so far 🤞🏼 Feeling very sick but it comes and goes.

Does anybody else feel down..but not to do with pregnancy as such? I’m a nervous wreck due to my previous losses (I do also have a toddler) and constantly googling every symptom and checking when I wipe which is exhausting. We sold our house last year and not found anything since so living at parents. Worried we won’t find anything by the time baby arrives so I’m stressed, especially with the cost of living! And lastly, sounds utterly silly, but we got a dog at the start of the year and (sorry dog lovers) he is my biggest regret. Turns out I’m not a dog person and I’m dreading when baby arrives with a toddler and a manic dog. I want to re home him but OH and toddler loves him so I’m stuck.

Sorry to rant but don’t have many people to tell, at least nobody who wouldn’t say I need to get a grip. Just feeling emotionally consumed x
Let it all out honey, if not here then where!? Very supportive bunch in here and very knowledgeable. It sounds very overwhelming living with parents, having a toddler and manic dog as well as the stress of the worry after your losses. Speak to your partner about the dog, maybe get him on pack walks or something to give you a break? We're currently living with my parents and I'm finding it hard cos we have our cats plus theirs and that's driving me bonkers having 5 cats in the house, can only imagine it's worse with a hyperactive dog. I hope you're ok, try not Google too much - it does definitely add to the doom and gloom. ❤

Any mums out there with some knowledge- I find feeding a bit of a minefield so any tips/ideas welcome!
I would like to feed baby breast milk but not breastfeed- my partner really wants to do 50/50 feeding and I honestly don’t like the idea of it always falling onto me to feed.
I may feel differently when they arrive & I’m open minded about that.
- Is it possible to exclusively pump? How does that work when in hospital once they’re born? Do I formula feed until supply gets going? But will they then refuse my milk?

Or am I better off exclusively breastfeeding for the first 6 weeks then starting to pump?
And if I can’t breastfeed for any reason I’m 10000% happy to formula as I was FF but just a preference I guess!

Have you tried sugar free chocolate and biscuits? They are actually not too bad! Hazelnut sugar free chocolate is probably the best one. I feel for you ❤

Have you tried sugar free chocolate and biscuits? They are actually not too bad! Hazelnut sugar free chocolate is probably the best one. I feel for you ❤
No I didn't know they were a thing!! I'll have a look out thank you

Any mums out there with some knowledge- I find feeding a bit of a minefield so any tips/ideas welcome!
I would like to feed baby breast milk but not breastfeed- my partner really wants to do 50/50 feeding and I honestly don’t like the idea of it always falling onto me to feed.
- Is it possible to exclusively pump? How does that work when in hospital once they’re born? Do I formula feed until supply gets going? But will they then refuse my milk?

Or am I better off exclusively breastfeeding for the first 6 weeks then starting to pump?
And if I can’t breastfeed for any reason I’m 10000% happy to formula as I was FF but just a preference I guess!
you can start pumping quite early on, i combi fed because I found my supply took a while to be enough for my baby. I would give her a bottle before her night sleep and pump during that time. Its unlikely formula will put her off. One thing I’d be concerned with is getting bored of constantly being on the machine/concerned with feeding. You’ll find your way in any case!

I am 0 help with this but will follow as I want to do 50/50 and also don’t like the idea of it 100% being on me all the time!

Reactions: 4

I exclusively pumped for the first 3 months as my babies were too small to latch.
It's absolutely doable, so long as you have a good pump and your really strict on pumping. I was pumping 8-10 times a day but you can establish a supply pumping 6 times a day so long as you ensure you get a middle of the night pump in.
Every time baby feeds make sure you pump so your almost replicating breastfeeding. It works on supply and demand so the more you pump the more your body knows to produce.
I won't lie, it is stressful especially in the early days and your exhausted but it is doable.

Reactions: 3
Morning! How do you decide about the hours you’re gonna do when you return to work?
As time is ticking on, I’ve been really thinking about what I will do, what I can afford, childcare etc … I’ll definitely be returning back to work after my maternity leave but deciding on the hours is tough! What I think will be best for me is 2 days in work, my mum babysitting 1 day, partners mum the other day but it’ll be a shock going from full time money to part time money!
I went back part time after my first and actually it wasn’t AS MUCH of a shock as I thought, because my tax, NI, and pension contributions were lower and I no longer qualified for student loan repayments, so it would definitely be worth fully checking out. Also, working any more days wouldn’t have made us any better off after childcare costs. Remember that you don’t need to decide yet anyway! Can’t remember when you have to notify your employer but you’ve got some time to think on it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone know why the stigma around not breastfeeding is so opinionated and emotional for people? I personally am unsure if I want to breast feed as the thought of it is making me really anxious but I’ve had such negative reactions when I’ve mentioned it. It’s such a personal thing, of course I want what’s best for my baby, but I also want to be 100% in myself. My friend bottle fed her little one and she won’t breast feed her one on the way as she doesn’t feel like she wants to. I don’t see anything wrong with that and I’d personally never judge a woman’s choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Think I just had my first braxton hick! Whole belly went really right and I had a cramp I’ve never had before and within 10 seconds it was gone!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone know why the stigma around not breastfeeding is so opinionated and emotional for people? I personally am unsure if I want to breast feed as the thought of it is making me really anxious but I’ve had such negative reactions when I’ve mentioned it. It’s such a personal thing, of course I want what’s best for my baby, but I also want to be 100% in myself. My friend bottle fed her little one and she won’t breast feed her one on the way as she doesn’t feel like she wants to. I don’t see anything wrong with that and I’d personally never judge a woman’s choice.
I’m not really sure but I think it seems to be coming down the line from medical recommendations.
Tbh I just wish people would keep their opinions to themselves. I found breastfeeding mentally draining (and I did it for 4 years). You weigh up the pros and cons for yourself and don’t worry about anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.