Pregnancy #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick question for anyone who had their COVID booster, what one did you have and did you feel ill afterwards? I got moderna which I had last Xmas and was ill for about a day or two, chills and feeling generally rubbish and hoping it won't be so bad this time round.

I had the Pfizer booster at 17 weeks. No real side effects to be honest, I felt totally grand except my arm was a bit sore/dead (almost as if I'd walked into a door frame or something which I'm very prone to doing 🙈😂)

Reactions: 1
I had the most frustrating conversation about maternity today. I asked someone for advice and was basically looking to see if she knew others in my field who had gone on mat leave and what they did about cover (tiny company, niche role, I have no boss so quite difficult). Ended up her telling me how much she hated HER mat leave, she was only off for 6 months, went into her office monthly with her baby, said babies are so boring, as I wfh I could still do emails etc. idk why it just made me feel really tit, I have 0 idea how I’ll feel and it’s actually really tough and lonely having a career and going to have a baby because everyone either treats you like a moron or like you’re gonna just go back to exactly the way things were pre-baby.
It is really difficult when people say that sort of thing to you. Everyone is different and everyone has different experiences so why everyone gets so involved in other people's maternity leave / children is baffling to me.

Last time I handed in my mat b1, my manager asked how long I was taking as she only took 6 weeks off and then came back part time and it was great because her husband and her mum looked after the baby. She knew full well that my mother in law had just passed away and all of my family live far away so we had no one to help us with the day to day child care. I took great pleasure in telling her I was taking the full 12 months

Reactions: 6
Hi guys.
I hope this is okay posting.
I have suspicions I’m pregnant and don’t know how to feel. I know I’m so lucky to have this opportunity if I am as so many woman are sadly not as lucky but I just thought I was being so safe.
Luckily, I’m in a 5 year relationship (23f&25m)
We still however live at home but have good jobs and have been to university so I know we are hopefully always secure in that sense. We also have enough for a house deposit so are very fortunate.
I am two days late and although I know that’s not many I kept telling myself oh my period will come you’re fine and it just hasn’t.
During ovulation I had a dull pain in my right ovary which I thought was just an ache and a pain like you get but I don’t normally experience it nor do I normally have cramps.
however, that weekend I had the worst stomach cramps to the point I was in agony and couldn’t eat, I had ballooned so I thought it was trapped gas or maybe stress but now I’m thinking not as I then started feeling incredibly nauseous that was so overpowering and would come on suddenly. That stopped after about 4 days but I have continued to feel mildly nauseous. Then I was struggling to stay Awake past 9 although I do have a stressful job where I am always on my feet.
Since then this past week my sense of smell which was weak before has become overwhelming good. I had to leave a pet shop the other day I cannot stand my boyfriends deodorant anymore and I had my eyelashes done tonight and couldn’t focus on anything other than the smell of the glue. I even mentioned it asking if she’d changed it and she even asked me if I was pregnant as no one else had noticed.
Am I going crazy? Or do I have a right to worry that there is a slight possibility I could be pregnant? I know these are all little things and I could be over analysing it but I just thought my period would come and it hasn’t…
I am so worried about telling parents etc due to still living at home as I don’t want to disappoint anyone however we are 23&25 which is adults I just feel like maybe I still feel young and that’s why I’m scared? I’m so anxious and I know the sensible answer is to do a test and not ask people on the internet for their opinion. Which I will do tomorrow evening But I would truly just like an honest opinion as I feel alone in this as I don’t want to tell anyone incase I am as I know that’s not sensible to tell people this early.
my boyfriend is aware of all this and so supportive I just don’t want to worry him anymore.
so any kind but honest opinions would be much appreciated

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys.
I hope this is okay posting.
I have suspicions I’m pregnant and don’t know how to feel. I know I’m so lucky to have this opportunity if I am as so many woman are sadly not as lucky but I just thought I was being so safe.
Luckily, I’m in a 5 year relationship (23f&25m)
We still however live at home but have good jobs and have been to university so I know we are hopefully always secure in that sense. We also have enough for a house deposit so are very fortunate.
I am two days late and although I know that’s not many I kept telling myself oh my period will come you’re fine and it just hasn’t.
During ovulation I had a dull pain in my right ovary which I thought was just an ache and a pain like you get but I don’t normally experience it nor do I normally have cramps.
however, that weekend I had the worst stomach cramps to the point I was in agony and couldn’t eat, I had ballooned so I thought it was trapped gas or maybe stress but now I’m thinking not as I then started feeling incredibly nauseous that was so overpowering and would come on suddenly. That stopped after about 4 days but I have continued to feel mildly nauseous. Then I was struggling to stay Awake past 9 although I do have a stressful job where I am always on my feet.
Since then this past week my sense of smell which was weak before has become overwhelming good. I had to leave a pet shop the other day I cannot stand my boyfriends deodorant anymore and I had my eyelashes done tonight and couldn’t focus on anything other than the smell of the glue. I even mentioned it asking if she’d changed it and she even asked me if I was pregnant as no one else had noticed.
Am I going crazy? Or do I have a right to worry that there is a slight possibility I could be pregnant? I know these are all little things and I could be over analysing it but I just thought my period would come and it hasn’t…
I am so worried about telling parents etc due to still living at home as I don’t want to disappoint anyone however we are 23&25 which is adults I just feel like maybe I still feel young and that’s why I’m scared? I’m so anxious and I know the sensible answer is to do a test and not ask people on the internet for their opinion. Which I will do tomorrow evening But I would truly just like an honest opinion as I feel alone in this as I don’t want to tell anyone incase I am as I know that’s not sensible to tell people this early.
my boyfriend is aware of all this and so supportive I just don’t want to worry him anymore.
so any kind but honest opinions would be much appreciated
There's always a chance you could be 😊
I'd advise doing a test in the morning though, not evening.

It's a daunting thing regardless of age.
It's a whole life change.
Even a 2nd, 3rd, 4th ect child feels so scary and daunting.
Fear of the unknown is completely normal.

It isn't a case of not being sensible to tell people this early. There's no rules.
The thing you have to remember when thinking about people to tell is, who would I want there for me if something were to happen?
They're the people you tell 😊

Reactions: 3
I like the bump to baby chapter on Instagram, I haven’t done her course but she’s got some good posts today about anxiety in pregnancy and I think she seems very balanced about different births.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It is really difficult when people say that sort of thing to you. Everyone is different and everyone has different experiences so why everyone gets so involved in other people's maternity leave / children is baffling to me.

Last time I handed in my mat b1, my manager asked how long I was taking as she only took 6 weeks off and then came back part time and it was great because her husband and her mum looked after the baby. She knew full well that my mother in law had just passed away and all of my family live far away so we had no one to help us with the day to day child care. I took great pleasure in telling her I was taking the full 12 months
Sorry to hear about your MIL, really baffling how everyone is giving me their opinion when I’m not asking for it. No judgement for anyone taking 6 months off but she said she did that because she got more satisfaction from doing a day’s work over keeping her (boring) baby alive which I found savage but each to their own 😂 I think I’ll take 9-12 months off, ironically the men I work with have given the best advice which is don’t commit to any amount of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had the Pfizer booster at 17 weeks. No real side effects to be honest, I felt totally grand except my arm was a bit sore/dead (almost as if I'd walked into a door frame or something which I'm very prone to doing 🙈😂)
Thanks, arm is quite sore so will wait and see. Will be slightly disappointed if I feel ok as I scheduled the jab so if I had side effects I'd miss a meeting I really don't want to be involved in tomorrow! 😬😈 #donttellmyboss

• Haha
So I've decided to take mat leave a bit earlier than I originally planned. My job is stressful and we are stupidly short staffed and pregnancy hasn't been easy so far for me.

Why does everyone then have an opinion that your taking it too soon blah blah. Why does everyone need an opinion??

I will savour the extra few weeks to see family and get everything ready and most of all relax!! It's such a personal thing I don't get why everyone has to tell you what they think!
I’ve finished at 35 weeks with both of mine and it’s totally worth it, and not just because I physically couldn’t do my job right up to 40 weeks. It’s so nice to have the time to rest, get jobs done, if it’s your first then genuinely enjoy the last few child-free weeks you will ever have again and with my second, I’ve enjoyed the last few weeks of just me and my first hanging out and doing stuff together. Having a baby is totally life changing, in the best way, but it is so nice to have a few weeks to appreciate life exactly as it is before they arrive and change it forever. Also, to get a massage and a mani-pedi and to watch homes under the hammer instead of Peppa Pig…

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So I’ve been admitted to hospital and finally been diagnosed with Pre-Eclampsia which has been something I’ve been convinced I’ve had for the last 3 weeks. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind of a day. I called my midwife after the hellish night scratching and convincing myself I had Cholestasis. My midwife suggested I waited until Thursday for her to redo my bloods which I wasn’t happy to accept and told her I’d go to triage for them to be redone. Got to triage and they took my bloods and asked if I had any other concerns. Because I’ve been dismissed left right and centre with my swelling I wasn’t even going to say anything but I thought bugger it and I’m so glad I did. The midwife agreed my swelling was pretty excessive and decided to hook me up to the monitor where my BP was 176/98 which is high. They tested my urine and found 3 pluses of protein in my urine.

I was taken to high dependancy and administered some BP medicine which didn’t work and another type that has thankfully brought my BP down within normal range thank god.

I had at one point 2 consultants, a doctor, 2 midwives and the senior midwife all round the bed at the one time with the consultant advising that my pregnancy will not be continuing for much longer as they’ll have to deliver baby. I’ve been given my first steroid injection and will get the second tomorrow to help her lungs in prep for her arrival.

Finally in the antenatal ward and so grateful to have my own room - every cloud!

The most important take away of the day is you have to advocate for yourself, you know your body better than anyone else and trust your instincts. My midwife has dismissed my swelling on 3 occasions now, put the protein she found in my urine down to a UTI and told me she wasn’t concerned by my feet even despite showing her photos. I am so beyond grateful for those tests for Cholastasis going missing otherwise I’d have been another day living with such potential danger!

I’m hoping we can stick this out another week or two but at least I know we’re in the best possible care 🥰 what a day, I’m so teary and emotional 😥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So I’ve been admitted to hospital and finally been diagnosed with Pre-Eclampsia which has been something I’ve been convinced I’ve had for the last 3 weeks. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind of a day. I called my midwife after the hellish night scratching and convincing myself I had Cholestasis. My midwife suggested I waited until Thursday for her to redo my bloods which I wasn’t happy to accept and told her I’d go to triage for them to be redone. Got to triage and they took my bloods and asked if I had any other concerns. Because I’ve been dismissed left right and centre with my swelling I wasn’t even going to say anything but I thought bugger it and I’m so glad I did. The midwife agreed my swelling was pretty excessive and decided to hook me up to the monitor where my BP was 176/98 which is high. They tested my urine and found 3 pluses of protein in my urine.

I was taken to high dependancy and administered some BP medicine which didn’t work and another type that has thankfully brought my BP down within normal range thank god.

I had at one point 2 consultants, a doctor, 2 midwives and the senior midwife all round the bed at the one time with the consultant advising that my pregnancy will not be continuing for much longer as they’ll have to deliver baby. I’ve been given my first steroid injection and will get the second tomorrow to help her lungs in prep for her arrival.

Finally in the antenatal ward and so grateful to have my own room - every cloud!

The most important take away of the day is you have to advocate for yourself, you know your body better than anyone else and trust your instincts. My midwife has dismissed my swelling on 3 occasions now, put the protein she found in my urine down to a UTI and told me she wasn’t concerned by my feet even despite showing her photos. I am so beyond grateful for those tests for Cholastasis going missing otherwise I’d have been another day living with such potential danger!

I’m hoping we can stick this out another week or two but at least I know we’re in the best possible care 🥰 what a day, I’m so teary and emotional 😥
Aww big hugs!! Hopefully you feel a bit of relief at finally getting it confirmed so you can now be cared for as you should and you’re in the best possible hands! How far along are you? Hope baby stays cooking a bit longer🤞🏻🤗

I’ve finished at 35 weeks with both of mine and it’s totally worth it, and not just because I physically couldn’t do my job right up to 40 weeks. It’s so nice to have the time to rest, get jobs done, if it’s your first then genuinely enjoy the last few child-free weeks you will ever have again and with my second, I’ve enjoyed the last few weeks of just me and my first hanging out and doing stuff together. Having a baby is totally life changing, in the best way, but it is so nice to have a few weeks to appreciate life exactly as it is before they arrive and change it forever. Also, to get a massage and a mani-pedi and to watch homes under the hammer instead of Peppa Pig…
So true!! I finished a week ago when I was 35+6 and got comments like oh you’ll be bored what are you gonna do??🙄 well I’m not bored, can sleep as much as I like, get things sorted for the babe and enjoy some time by myself as it is running out!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Aww big hugs!! Hopefully you feel a bit of relief at finally getting it confirmed so you can now be cared for as you should and you’re in the best possible hands! How far along are you? Hope baby stays cooking a bit longer🤞🏻🤗

So true!! I finished a week ago when I was 35+6 and got comments like oh you’ll be bored what are you gonna do??🙄 well I’m not bored, can sleep as much as I like, get things sorted for the babe and enjoy some time by myself as it is running out!!
Thank you ❤ I really do, I was getting increasingly frustrated so definitely glad we got there in the end! I honestly am so grateful for our NHS, the treatment I have had today honestly reduces me to tears, everyone has been so proactive & incredible!

33w+6d so actually not as scary as it could be 🙌🏼xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Oh babe! ❤
So glad someone finally listened to you!! Hope you manage to get some rest tonight & little one stays in as long as possible xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm in the 02:30 am club today. Annoyingly over the last few weeks my nausea seems to have come back on a night. Not fun.

• Heart
33+4 today and officially cant get a full night's rest anymore. i spend half the time tossing and turning even all i really want to do is sleep on my back. lying only on my left or right side has made my hips ache like they've never ached before & my arms keep going numb. not to mention getting up 2x a night just for a trickle of pee. i'm bloody miserable :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
33+4 today and officially cant get a full night's rest anymore. i spend half the time tossing and turning even all i really want to do is sleep on my back. lying only on my left or right side has made my hips ache like they've never ached before & my arms keep going numb. not to mention getting up 2x a night just for a trickle of pee. i'm bloody miserable :cry:
Aw I feel you 😩😩 have you tried doubling up a duvet and lying on top of it? We’re pretty much same gestation and the baby moving ever so slightly onto your bladder and having to go for one drop of pee is sooooo annoying isn’t it? Hang in there, it won’t be long ❤

Oh babe! ❤
So glad someone finally listened to you!! Hope you manage to get some rest tonight & little one stays in as long as possible xxxxx
Thank you ❤ It’s been quite a day & the good news is that it’s been several hours since my last blood pressure tablet and my BP is now well within normal so hopefully we can go another week or two! 🙏🏼xxx

• Heart
Been awake since 3am with a sore arm and my husband snoring! Desperate to lie on my left side but that's where I had the covid jab so it's not an option 😭 I was also awake at 1, 2, 3 and 5.30am yesterday, I guess this is a taste of what's to come once baby is here 😬

Reactions: 4
@FirsttimeTTC good luck my love and good for you trusting your instincts, you’ve got this ❤ keep us updated xxx

4am club again girls arghh!!!
Thank you! ❤ I can’t believe just yesterday I was thinking “maybe my baby will be here next thread” looks like there is lots of little babies en route! Did you say you have a date scheduled ?

Haven’t escaped the 4am club being in hospital, can’t wait for my fiancé to bring me in my arch nemesis preggo pillow 😂 xx

Reactions: 2
Woke up this morning and honestly thought I’d wrote this, literally every point I feel the exact same 😩 33+6 & praying I get my date when I’m with the consultant on Friday cos I need something to aim towards 🤦🏼‍♀️ xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.