Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FirsttimeTTC

Baby TTC arrived at 4.27pm today via Caesarean section weighing 4lb 6oz. She is absolutely perfection, currently in the NICU just to get checked over and a little help with breathing 💖 thanks so much for everyone's well wishes and support it's been amazing, I'll update you all soon! xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 54

shadowofdoubt

Chatty Member
Baby shadow was born this morning at 35 weeks, he’s absolutely tiny at 4lb & I’m so overwhelmed, I can’t believe he’s here 😭💙

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Hi girls hope you’re all ok. Sorry I haven’t posted much my son is still in NICU I’m struggling tbh he is gorgeous and getting stronger but I just don’t have any energy to speak to people and keep relaying the same stories over and over again it’s so draining. Thinking of you all and good luck to those who are close. I’ll be back to update to you all soon. I’ll never forget all the help and advice from everyone on this thread especially @WhatABore and @I’mThankyou_ no question was ever a silly one and you always take the time to reply even if it’s been asked 10 times already. Angels you are x

Baby TTC arrived at 4.27pm today via Caesarean section weighing 4lb 6oz. She is absolutely perfection, currently in the NICU just to get checked over and a little help with breathing 💖 thanks so much for everyone's well wishes and support it's been amazing, I'll update you all soon! xxx
Fabulous news congratulations 💕💕💕

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

FirsttimeTTC

So baby TTC has surpassed all odds and only stayed in NICU for 2 hours. She is feeding well, sugar levels are great and temp fine. She is an absolute superstar so she's with me on the ward which is just a dream come true 💖 these little 34+2 week babies are stronger than you think!

Thanks so much for the lovely well wishes, I'll catch up with all your posts as soon as I can ❤ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Errie

So baby girl arrived on the 14th of October via c-section happy and healthy! Thank you so much to everyone on this thread that answered my silly questions and all the support from all you ladies! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 32

FirsttimeTTC

I’m being induced tomorrow at 34 weeks, despite placenta doing well for baby my kidney function is deteriorating and they want to get baby earth side ASAP. Baby is measuring really well at approx 4lb 9oz so hoping it’s relatively accurate. I don’t have any hospital bags packed for me or the baby so I’ve got family instructed left, right and centre. Her nursery isn’t done, not that it matters as she’ll be going in the Snuzpod when she’s home, pram, car seat everything is still boxed in the garage so I defo recommend getting organised earlier than you think if this is anything to go by!

Think I managed to drink 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea, only did half of the birth course so going to be totally winging it tomorrow. Just have to remind myself that I am built for this x

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Neo2021

VIP Member
Baby Neo has stayed put! We’ve made it to 32 weeks. It’s hard to believe 5 weeks ago the consultant said she was going to arrive imminently!

For those due around Christmas time, don’t forget to try and get an online shop booked now. I’ve managed to get one for 23rd Dec to save traipsing round busy shops with a newborn (that’s me hoping she stays put until her due date!)

• Heart
Reactions: 30

shadowofdoubt

Chatty Member
Good news is I didn’t wee myself, bad news is my waters have gone at 34+2. Tucked up in bed on the ward after steroids ready to see what this baby does. I can’t lie, I’m absolutely shitting myself and trying to cry quietly so I don’t look like a wimp 🤦🏼‍♀️🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 27

FirsttimeTTC

So I’ve been admitted to hospital and finally been diagnosed with Pre-Eclampsia which has been something I’ve been convinced I’ve had for the last 3 weeks. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind of a day. I called my midwife after the hellish night scratching and convincing myself I had Cholestasis. My midwife suggested I waited until Thursday for her to redo my bloods which I wasn’t happy to accept and told her I’d go to triage for them to be redone. Got to triage and they took my bloods and asked if I had any other concerns. Because I’ve been dismissed left right and centre with my swelling I wasn’t even going to say anything but I thought bugger it and I’m so glad I did. The midwife agreed my swelling was pretty excessive and decided to hook me up to the monitor where my BP was 176/98 which is high. They tested my urine and found 3 pluses of protein in my urine.

I was taken to high dependancy and administered some BP medicine which didn’t work and another type that has thankfully brought my BP down within normal range thank god.

I had at one point 2 consultants, a doctor, 2 midwives and the senior midwife all round the bed at the one time with the consultant advising that my pregnancy will not be continuing for much longer as they’ll have to deliver baby. I’ve been given my first steroid injection and will get the second tomorrow to help her lungs in prep for her arrival.

Finally in the antenatal ward and so grateful to have my own room - every cloud!

The most important take away of the day is you have to advocate for yourself, you know your body better than anyone else and trust your instincts. My midwife has dismissed my swelling on 3 occasions now, put the protein she found in my urine down to a UTI and told me she wasn’t concerned by my feet even despite showing her photos. I am so beyond grateful for those tests for Cholastasis going missing otherwise I’d have been another day living with such potential danger!

I’m hoping we can stick this out another week or two but at least I know we’re in the best possible care 🥰 what a day, I’m so teary and emotional 😥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

FirsttimeTTC

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd give you a little update.

We're still in hospital but baby TTC is doing amazing. After she was born they did precautionary checks in NICU and after she passed them all with flying colours they brought her to be with me. She literally went to NICU for a feed and was straight back out which is pretty mine blowing.

She hasn't needed any support breathing, she only dropped 5% of her birth weight at 60 hours old, her jaundice levels are below the treatment threshold, sugar levels are great, feeding brilliant and she is so settled. We're in hospital just to monitor due to her gestation at birth but she is behaving like a full term little baby. I'm so proud of her.

The pesky jaundice levels are what's keeping us here though, they're below treatment level but above the 24 hour monitoring level so we're hoping they're headed on the downward trend soon!

I on the other hand am not coping mentally with being in hospital, it's making me feel claustrophobic and I feel stuck with the trauma of the last week. It's like Groundhog Day so my body is literally vibrating with wanting to get home to be with my family, process this & start to enjoy the journey of motherhood. I'm so teary & absolutely hate when my fiancé has to leave!

X

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Hunthehun

Can anyone confirm or not if waters breaking are as traumatic as that in HOTD 🫡
Mine were broken and I swear it was like a river!

Baby Hun arrived yesterday! I can’t deal with how much I love her already. She’s just perfect! Panicking with the breastfeeding but hopefully I’ll chill out a little and give us both a chance to learn how to do it together.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Hi girls 💙 we’re home now from hospital and everything is going well. I’m besotted. Hope you’re all well xx

2 days of labour and no sleep, panic attacks, being the only woman in an 8 bed ward who had actually given birth, couldn’t stand properly because of epidural (fell over) wet myself standing up in front a a nurse who didn’t do anything, could barely walk because of my episiotomy, couldn’t bend down to go to the toilet, was dripping blood everywhere, passing wind without any control, somehow learning to breastfeed, change nappies, dress the baby while I could barely move myself and was always sobbing. The noise on the ward, the lights being kept on until 11pm, night checks at 4am, a woman snapping at me to feed my baby properly, my husband only visiting for half an hour. No privacy, the curtains kept being pulled open.
This breaks my heart it reminds me of my first birth. I hope you’re ok. I’m just catching up on the thread xx

I did want to come and give you all the details of how my labour started and baby was born but I just can’t even bring myself to talk about it and tbh I don’t want to upset anyone. I’ve been offered counselling and a debrief at the hospital. We’re home and ok and that’s all that matters 💙

Baby shadow was born this morning at 35 weeks, he’s absolutely tiny at 4lb & I’m so overwhelmed, I can’t believe he’s here 😭💙
Congratulations 💙💙💙

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Thatgosslife

My scan went well. 8 weeks and 6 days everything looking perfect so far, my anxiety is slightly settled now. Dating scan is 14th November 🥰 xx

• Heart

Married2019

Tomorrow is the due date for the baby I miscarried at 9 weeks. All week I've been an emotional mess and really found my mental health struggling. While I'm so so so unbelievably grateful to be pregnant again and I understand implicitly how lucky I am, I couldn't stop thinking about 'what could have been' or how I felt like my body let my first baby down. I eventually opened up to my husband and my Dad and they both have stepped in immediately and have taken practical steps in ways to alleviate stress and pressure on me.
( Basically long story short, I completely underestimated how opening up to certain people can help, it's important to reach out even when you feel like you can't/shouldn't)

Tomorrow I've asked my husband to go for a walk in the woods with me because being outdoors and active just calms me. After the walk we are planning to go and buy the first few bits for this baby, I was putting it off out of fear and anxiety but I think it might be a nice way to put a slightly better twist on tomorrow and at almost 27 weeks I should probably at least buy a babygro to start with because there's so much to buy.

Sorry for the length of this ladies, I think it's me ranting trying to process how I feel.

Sorry I've tried twice to put a spoiler on this, if anyone finds this triggering I'll delete it straight away!

• Heart

Neo2021

VIP Member
So baby Neo has stayed put and we’ve made it to 31 weeks. What a mentally exhausting 4 weeks.
Seeing @Blair-Waldorf and @FirsttimeTTC ’s babies thriving in NICU, helps massively.

much love to you both, and make sure you talk to people. Our NICU has counsellors on standby if you need them xx

Last edited:
  • Heart

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Just had our six week early reassurance scan! One healthy baby in there, and got to see the little heart beating which was so amazing. 🥰

• Heart

definitelynotvlad

Chatty Member
I’ve struggled with pregnancy loss awareness week for years as I had an unwanted abortion at a young age (appreciate not the same as a loss but still difficult) which sent me into a mental breakdown and I always felt so much guilt and shame when I saw stories of poor mothers who have lost their babies. Even now I convince myself I’ll somehow be punished for what happened in the past. This pregnancy wasn’t planned and my life is far from organised but I could never put myself through an abortion ever again and this baby is sooo wanted and will be loved to the end of the earth but these negative thoughts do still linger. I’m trying my best to be kind to myself x
Terminating a pregnancy, for whatever reason, is absolutely a baby loss and your feelings are valid. Lots of women / girls will have felt they had no choice, for others it will have been medical circumstances taking their choices away. I’ve lost 3 pregnancies between my first baby and the one I’m currently expecting, all spontaneous miscarriages, I would never begrudge someone who had a termination their grief or acknowledging baby loss awareness week if it helped them with their grief. Good luck with your pregnancy & babe, you don’t deserve punishing for any decision you made in the past xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22

nefariousnellie

Chatty Member
Hope it’s okay for me to join this thread… I’ve just found out I’m pregnant this week and have had 4 positives getting progressively darker as the week has gone on. I’m excited but trying not to get too excited as this is my first pregnancy and I’m so worried about having a chemical at this stage.

• Heart
Reactions: 21