Pregnancy #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back to the discussion in the last thread about announcing your pregnancy sensitively, it's something really playing on my mind this time! In my last pregnancy I was just gung-ho, sending scans in group chats as an announcement. But now I know my 2 sister in law's and 2 friends are trying to conceive for over a year (some much longer) and I don't know what to do. One friend is in a group chat so maybe I should message her separately and tell her and that I'll be telling the group shortly afterwards? I don't know about family, it's my husband's side so I'll mostly leave that to him. Last time we did it face to face at Christmas cos that's when I was 12 weeks but we'll be telling them sooner this time and I know face to face can put people on the spot, especially if they feel sad and disappointed.

Reactions: 7
I don’t want to come across insensitive but we struggled for a few years to get pregnant and about to start ivf when I found out I was expecting. I have a friend who has been through a lot recently including something that may make it more difficult to conceive. Although she won’t think positive and will just run with the negativity… She is desperate for a baby of her own (even though her relationship is a joke and won’t fix it) and I’ve felt like I’ve had to hold back on how happy and excited I am in front of her. I don’t think it’s right that women who are pregnant should feel this way or feel like they need to hold back because others go through things that are not in our control. If she does ask how I am and I’ve had a rough night or I’ve got a pain somewhere, she just dismisses it or ignores it and talks about herself. So why are we so bothered about being sensitive when other people couldn’t give a tit?!

Sorry for my rant I’ve had a rough nights sleep and a weird pain and some people are just irking me today😂

ETA: i had another friend who had two babies and despite knowing what we were going through, she did not hold back at all which did get to me a bit but I get it now I’m pregnant. It’s an exciting, life changing event!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So I've decided to take mat leave a bit earlier than I originally planned. My job is stressful and we are stupidly short staffed and pregnancy hasn't been easy so far for me.

Why does everyone then have an opinion that your taking it too soon blah blah. Why does everyone need an opinion??

I will savour the extra few weeks to see family and get everything ready and most of all relax!! It's such a personal thing I don't get why everyone has to tell you what they think!

Reactions: 13
Had a good midwife appointment this morning - was nice to have a midwife who had actually read my notes so I didn't have to answer the same questions all over again 😂

• Heart
So I've decided to take mat leave a bit earlier than I originally planned. My job is stressful and we are stupidly short staffed and pregnancy hasn't been easy so far for me.

Why does everyone then have an opinion that your taking it too soon blah blah. Why does everyone need an opinion??

I will savour the extra few weeks to see family and get everything ready and most of all relax!! It's such a personal thing I don't get why everyone has to tell you what they think!
I’m really big on taking some time before the baby is here! You enjoy it!

Reactions: 6
I don’t want to come across insensitive but we struggled for a few years to get pregnant and about to start ivf when I found out I was expecting. I have a friend who has been through a lot recently including something that may make it more difficult to conceive. Although she won’t think positive and will just run with the negativity… She is desperate for a baby of her own (even though her relationship is a joke and won’t fix it) and I’ve felt like I’ve had to hold back on how happy and excited I am in front of her. I don’t think it’s right that women who are pregnant should feel this way or feel like they need to hold back because others go through things that are not in our control. If she does ask how I am and I’ve had a rough night or I’ve got a pain somewhere, she just dismisses it or ignores it and talks about herself. So why are we so bothered about being sensitive when other people couldn’t give a tit?!

Sorry for my rant I’ve had a rough nights sleep and a weird pain and some people are just irking me today😂

ETA: i had another friend who had two babies and despite knowing what we were going through, she did not hold back at all which did get to me a bit but I get it now I’m pregnant. It’s an exciting, life changing event!!
I feel like we could have the same friend 😅
Have a friend exactly the same & although she isn’t like it with me yet (haven’t told her yet) she is exactly like this with another friend that’s pregnant! Even went as far as being rude about her appointments and comments midwives made. It’s such a special time I hope you let her words fly over your head and you’re allowed to be as excited & happy about it! We only hit 12 weeks today and it’s all we talk about, I can’t help it 😂

Reactions: 5
Definitely give them a call! It was one of the girls in triage who actually said she wanted them scanned & the injections and sorted it all within 20 minutes - my midwife didn’t seem fussed either when she read it in my notes 😂😂 xx
Here at triage now so fingers crossed! Your midwife sounds just like mine 😅 they also lost my liver function & bile test so I need to get that retaken - I sobbed, waited 5 days on these results 😂 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How did it go? ❤ x
Thanks hun, well it went “okay.” Right number of limbs, happy with her heart and her head, kidneys and tummy but she is a bit of a tiddler in the 8th percentile - so we need another growth scan in two weeks. Midwife was great, very calm and practical.

Oh yeah, and its a girl 👧 😂 I was convinced I had a little boy in there 😂 mothers intuition = not good!

• Heart
I feel like we could have the same friend 😅
Have a friend exactly the same & although she isn’t like it with me yet (haven’t told her yet) she is exactly like this with another friend that’s pregnant! Even went as far as being rude about her appointments and comments midwives made. It’s such a special time I hope you let her words fly over your head and you’re allowed to be as excited & happy about it! We only hit 12 weeks today and it’s all we talk about, I can’t help it 😂
It’s just a really tit thing to do I think when you know how excited someone is going to be! This friend even said I’m going to arrange your baby shower then didn’t obviously cause of things going on, then asked me if I was having one!? Emmmm😳🫢 Omg that’s so bad!! Yeah I am trying, think it’s worse today as I’m not feeling the best😂 awww and so we should!! You can’t help it can you, you talk about a different subject then end up back on it somehow😂😂

It's such a personal thing I don't get why everyone has to tell you what they think!
Pregnancy, birth, and babies always brings out peoples opinions. It’s so annoying and I don’t get why some people are so invested in other peoples bodies/babies. It’s none of their business!

Reactions: 7

As soon as people know you're pregnant, from then on, for the rest of your life, people will be vocal about their opinions.
For some reason, having kids seems to make people think they're entitled to judge you and be vocal about it!
And you're certainly not allowed to enjoy any part of it and talk about it. Because all you get met with is "well just wait until..."
Happens when you say anything negative though too really. "You think it's bad now, just wait until..."

Reactions: 15
Just ticked the full term box! 39 weeks and ready for baby to make an appearance. I’m so hormonal it’s ridiculous I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat. Everyone is driving me insane and I just want to tell them all to duck off and leave me alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

I feel like everyone has to make your pregnancy about them. If you say your doing something it’s oh no you should do this because that’s what I did, it can be very frustrating! I had someone ask me what cravings I had and I explained I didn’t have any so HE launched into a blow by blow account of the cravings his wife had!
GRAND!

Reactions: 9
Does anyone here work in a non-office type job and are pregnant? I’m really nervous about being pregnant at work this time round. Last time I was on furlough for the majority of it.

I work in a front of house job and no one on my team has been pregnant in that role before. I’m worried about being in pain and barely sitting down, as well as inappropriate comments from the general public.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone here work in a non-office type job and are pregnant? I’m really nervous about being pregnant at work this time round. Last time I was on furlough for the majority of it.

I work in a front of house job and no one on my team has been pregnant in that role before. I’m worried about being in pain and barely sitting down, as well as inappropriate comments from the general public.
Not quite the same, but I worked in a supermarket when pregnant with my second.
10 hour shifts, on my feet for the whole thing

I had a little bleed earlier today, it was light in colour and in amount but my mind went into overdrive as I’ve lost 2 pregnancies in the past year. My fertility dr didn’t seem concerned as it wasn’t heavy, red nor painful so have said just to keep on going as usual until my scan next week. It’s stopped now and I’m feeling a lot better emotionally but I was struggling so much earlier.. have many other ladies here had bleeding in the first trimester? I am 6+3.
Hey yes I did around 5-6 weeks as well I am 7-8 weeks now but was perfectly fine thankfully. Seems very similar I rang the early pregnancy unit and they didn’t seem concerned booked me in for a scan a week later which seemed like a lifetime at the time but thankfully everything was okay ❤ from talking to friends it is really common however it doesn’t make it any less worrying when it happens to you

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My husband has a slight cold and is no longer up to waiting on me hand on foot. Didn't even get offered breakfast in bed this morning AND I'm having to cook the dinner! Tempted to make a big fuss about doing all of this while also carrying his son and heir 🤣

(He did still take the bins out though which I count as an overall win.)

Quick question for anyone who had their COVID booster, what one did you have and did you feel ill afterwards? I got moderna which I had last Xmas and was ill for about a day or two, chills and feeling generally rubbish and hoping it won't be so bad this time round.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My husband has a slight cold and is no longer up to waiting on me hand on foot. Didn't even get offered breakfast in bed this morning AND I'm having to cook the dinner! Tempted to make a big fuss about doing all of this while also carrying his son and heir 🤣

(He did still take the bins out though which I count as an overall win.)

Quick question for anyone who had their COVID booster, what one did you have and did you feel ill afterwards? I got moderna which I had last Xmas and was ill for about a day or two, chills and feeling generally rubbish and hoping it won't be so bad this time round.
I've had my booster, not sure which one I got but I felt fine afterwards. My arm killed though the day after for a few days but that was it x

Reactions: 1
I feel like everyone has to make your pregnancy about them. If you say your doing something it’s oh no you should do this because that’s what I did, it can be very frustrating! I had someone ask me what cravings I had and I explained I didn’t have any so HE launched into a blow by blow account of the cravings his wife had!
GRAND!
I had the most frustrating conversation about maternity today. I asked someone for advice and was basically looking to see if she knew others in my field who had gone on mat leave and what they did about cover (tiny company, niche role, I have no boss so quite difficult). Ended up her telling me how much she hated HER mat leave, she was only off for 6 months, went into her office monthly with her baby, said babies are so boring, as I wfh I could still do emails etc. idk why it just made me feel really tit, I have 0 idea how I’ll feel and it’s actually really tough and lonely having a career and going to have a baby because everyone either treats you like a moron or like you’re gonna just go back to exactly the way things were pre-baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.