Pregnancy #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Induction booked for the 11th if baby doesn’t come before then! Can I pls hear some positive induction stories all I hear is how bad it is😩
I've had 3 inductions and as I mentioned previously, I would happily have another.

The hormone drip is very painful compared to normal contractions so being open to an epidural is a good thing.

The further you are, usually, the quicker it takes.

I thoroughly enjoyed this time around to the point when I saw others going through it the same after me, I actually felt a little jealous 😂

With my first, I was 40+12 and the pessary started everything and I didn't actually need the hormone drip.

And I haven't needed any intervention with any of them 😊

Reactions: 2
My induction is booked for the 10th if nothing happens before! Are you getting a sweep? I’m getting one on Monday so hopefully our babes come on their own! Will be thinking of you x

Ahh! We’re so close together! I can have a sweep next Tuesday if he’s further down I’m still only 4/5 engaged 😞 good luck to you!

Thanks everyone I’m not great with pain so feeling quite scared

Reactions: 1
I’m definitely thinking of getting pethadine before the epidural as the thought of an epidural terrifies me
Don't worry about the epidural, that's a trip to Disney land. All is right in the world after it kicks in ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Neither am I and I had my epidural once I got to 5cm and honestly it was insane how I went from crying and mooing like a cow through my contractions to just chilling (I’m sure I was even scrolling on tattle at one point 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve heard getting the epidural is agony though? And I don’t trust myself to be able to stay so still during a contraction and don’t wanna end up paralyzed 😩🤦🏽‍♀️

I’ve heard getting the epidural is agony though? And I don’t trust myself to be able to stay so still during a contraction and don’t wanna end up paralyzed 😩🤦🏽‍♀️
Not at all, well not for me and I knew the pain would be over soon! They wait until you aren’t having a contraction so it’s easier to stay still x

Not at all, well not for me and I knew the pain would be over soon! They wait until you aren’t having a contraction so it’s easier to stay still x

Oh I was told they have to do it mid contraction 🙈 I’m so anxious I honestly don’t feel like I can do it but I know I have to

• Heart
I didn't feel the epidural at all.
Didn't even know they'd done it.

You would have the midwife there holding you and you tell them when you're having a contraction so they know and can pause 😊

The other good thing I like about being induced... Not having to worry about knowing when to go to the hospital with contractions!

Oh I was told they have to do it mid contraction 🙈 I’m so anxious I honestly don’t feel like I can do it but I know I have to
I would say, whoever is feeding you this information of it being painful and needing to do it mid contraction ect, don't listen to them 😂 because they don't seem to know what they're talking about 😂

Reactions: 6
I didn't feel the epidural at all.
Didn't even know they'd done it.

You would have the midwife there holding you and you tell them when you're having a contraction so they know and can pause 😊

The other good thing I like about being induced... Not having to worry about knowing when to go to the hospital with contractions!
Yeah that’s the thing it would be easier in that sense especially when my hospital is 80 miles away and I may need to drive myself down. Thanks for the help☺

I've never felt a thing with an epidural. You're just so glad to be getting it 😅 I did have quite a sore back (just at the site) for a long time after baby #1 but #2 I had no issues whatsoever

I've had mine during active labour when I was already 8cm and contractions were frequent. It was fine, I sat on the bed and held onto my husband (he might have ended up with some bruises 😅) and the midwives check when you have a contraction or not. The anaesthetist was very calm about it all, they've done this so many times I'm sure a screaming woman is nothing new!

I've had mine during active labour when I was already 8cm and contractions were frequent. It was fine, I sat on the bed and held onto my husband (he might have ended up with some bruises 😅) and the midwives check when you have a contraction or not. The anaesthetist was very calm about it all, they've done this so many times I'm sure a screaming woman is nothing new!
I can’t remember a great deal from my labour but I do remember being hunched over the bed waiting for a contraction to stop so they could do the epidural and screaming I CAN’T DO THIS ANYMORE the anaesthetist said you haven’t got much choice now love 😂
But as soon as it was done I couldn’t feel a thing

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m definitely thinking of getting pethadine before the epidural as the thought of an epidural terrifies me
My husband always jokes that I should be on commission for epidurals - I managed to get to 8cm before asking for one as I was scared to get one too but it was absolutely fine. I didn’t feel a thing when the needle went in and they told me to tell them when I was having a contraction so they could pause. I ended up wishing I had got one hours sooner 😂 definitely see how you go but it was honestly the best thing I did! Good luck xx

In fact if we are lucky enough to have a baby number 2 I’ll be going into hospital much earlier and asking to be numbed immediately 😂😂 best thing ever.

Reactions: 3
Genuinely maintain to this day I’d have signed my house over for my epidural and I’ll probably be the same with this baby! I definitely didn’t feel a thing from it, I’m sure they use a local anaesthetic first? My husband left the room for mine cos he’s a fainter and he still laughs now at the difference in person I was when he left the room and when he came back 🤣

had the sweep today, hated it but midwife seemed happy with where my cervix is at? Booked for another on weds if still no baby and will also book an induction then 😬 so it’s good to be reading some positive induction stories, thank you for sharing!

Reactions: 7
Ahh! We’re so close together! I can have a sweep next Tuesday if he’s further down I’m still only 4/5 engaged 😞 good luck to you!

I don’t actually know if I can get a sweep come to think about it cause no idea about my cervix etc😂 we’ve got this tho!! Just think of the wee bundle of joy at the end in your arms🥰 good luck to you too, you’ll be grand! X

Induction booked for the 11th if baby doesn’t come before then! Can I pls hear some positive induction stories all I hear is how bad it is😩
I had my baby on Saturday (hooray!), I didn’t need induction but did have my labour augmented with my waters broken & syntocinon drip as my BP went sky high and I got stuck at 7cm. It was my worst nightmare scenario, my first birth was a super quick and easy waterbirth so had imagined the same again this time, but honestly? It was absolutely fine! I opted for an epidural before the drip started because I was already tired and not out to make a martyr of myself, i slept, I progressed and had a vaginal birth with no extra intervention. We came home yesterday morning and all well! It was longer than my first birth and obviously different, but I wouldn’t say better or worse really. Hope all goes well for you whatever happens xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Making a new thread ladies, will link shortly x

NEW THREAD:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.