Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all 😊 haven't posted here before but I *think* I've found out I'm pregnant today, less than a month after a miscarriage 🥰

I'm very nervous. Not sure if I even believe the tests... I'm only about 10, maybe 11, dpo.. but I've done 3 different brands and all of them have a faint but clearly visible line 😬😬

So feeling very cautiously excited!
Congratulations ❤ Fingers crossed for you xx

Reactions: 1
Bit random but can I ask if anyone else is struggling to drink enough? I'm 18 weeks and am trying really hard to drink enough water but I'm just really not that thirsty. The morning is better but by the late afternoon, its clear when I go to the toilet (sorry if TMI) that I haven't drunk enough. Feel like I'm constantly sipping and am fed up of drinking or having a bottle of water attached to me all the time!
Yeah definitely me. My first morning urine is always really dark (sorry if TMI) even if I think I've drunk a lot the day before, and also I'm not having to get up to pee in the night whereas friends of mine say they were getting up minimum 2-3 times a night by this stage 😳 I'm prone to UTIs so am forcing myself to drink at least 2l but maybe should aim for 3l. Its hard though!

Reactions: 2
Yeah definitely me. My first morning urine is always really dark (sorry if TMI) even if I think I've drunk a lot the day before, and also I'm not having to get up to pee in the night whereas friends of mine say they were getting up minimum 2-3 times a night by this stage 😳 I'm prone to UTIs so am forcing myself to drink at least 2l but maybe should aim for 3l. Its hard though!
Im 35 weeks tomorrow and I’m literally up every hr and a half to pee and I limit liquids from 6pm every night. 2nd trimester I wasn’t as bad was only maybe 2/3 times at night.

Got a lot of lower back ache this evening. Anybody else get this? Is it just everything moving/growing/making room?

Reactions: 3
Got a lot of lower back ache this evening. Anybody else get this? Is it just everything moving/growing/making room?
Are you constipated? I got this quite a lot in the early weeks because I was, as well as probably making room.

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone,
Been following along since thread 2 but haven't said anything because we hadn't announced to an IRL friend on here 🙈
I'm 9+6 today, already seen baby once to date the pregnancy.
I hope this isn't triggering for anyone but I have a really big fear with covid at the mo and going into hospital. I was so anxious at my scan.
I've had the letter for our 12 week scan and it says to turn up 30 minutes before the appointment and it's making me freak because I just don't want to be sitting around in a covid hotspot for that long 😬
Is this a thing everywhere? Its not entirely clear to me why I have to turn up that early. 😫

Reactions: 5
Hi everyone,
Been following along since thread 2 but haven't said anything because we hadn't announced to an IRL friend on here 🙈
I hope this isn't triggering for anyone but I have a really big fear with covid at the mo and going into hospital. I was so anxious at my scan.
I've had the letter for our 12 week scan and it says to turn up 30 minutes before the appointment and it's making me freak because I just don't want to be sitting around in a covid hotspot for that long 😬
Is this a thing everywhere? Its not entirely clear to me why I have to turn up that early. 😫
I'm not too sure tbh, it might vary hospital to hospital. With mine I've had to turn up just on time for my appointment and not before due to covid!
In the hospital I go to as well, there's security on the door with masks and hand sanitiser in caw you forget, chairs are completely spaced out with tape for partners to stand behind and is running so smoothly. Appointments are always taken on time which is really good! Xx

Hi everyone,
Hi and congratulations!

I noticed a big difference this time round in hospital appointments. Previously, the waiting room has been packed with women and partners, to the point at times I’ve had to stand.

This time round with covid there are many fewer people in the waiting area (maybe 4 others) and they have someone stop you on the way in to the department for a covid questionnaire, hand sanitising etc. Apart from the midwife I didn’t get close to anyone at all, I would have had to have gone out of my way to do so. Hopefully your hospital is the same

Reactions: 4
I had to go for a joint cardio/ obs appt due to previous issues, and I ended up with sky high blood pressure and came home with a monitor for 24 hours due to worrying about being in the hospital 🤣 Luckily all good when I was at home but to be honest, when I was there for that and for my scan, you really don't come into contact with many people. The receptionists temperature scanned everyone who came through, sanitiser was everywhere and no contact with anyone other than sonographer, who I'm assuming is getting tested regularly. My friend works in our local hospital and she said its so much better with the lateral flow testing now. Not sure about your hospital, but maternity ward in mine was separate from everywhere else and didn't have to go anywhere near the wards where things would be the most challenging. It really didn't feel like walking around anywhere bad at all so please try not to worry x

Reactions: 4
@Tui I’m sure it was you recommended the baby academy free online antenatal classes?- I did the free one yesterday and it was excellent. It covered baby’s first bath, Safe sleeping, cutting nails, cord care, nappy changing and much more. At the end they gave me a £50 off voucher to do the day long one which covers a lot more too including birth, 4th trimester and also first aid.
The midwife was NHS and from bham and she was excellent with lots of advice and tips.

So just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation whoever it was!
I would really recommend the free online session to anyone if they are interested. Well worth 2 hours of my day.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi everyone,
30 minutes before? I wonder why that is 🤔
Never heard of that even in normal circumstances.
We're not even allowed into the unit to book in here until 5 minutes before your appointment.

Unless your hospital has introduced lateral flow tests? In which case, it would make sense

30 minutes before? I wonder why that is 🤔
Never heard of that even in normal circumstances.
We're not even allowed into the unit to book in here until 5 minutes before your appointment.

Unless your hospital has introduced lateral flow tests? In which case, it would make sense
That's what I wondered. I think I will give them a call tomorrow to clarify.

@Tui I’m sure it was you recommended the baby academy free online antenatal classes?- I did the free one yesterday and it was excellent. It covered baby’s first bath, Safe sleeping, cutting nails, cord care, nappy changing and much more. At the end they gave me a £50 off voucher to do the day long one which covers a lot more too including birth, 4th trimester and also first aid.
The midwife was NHS and from bham and she was excellent with lots of advice and tips.

So just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation whoever it was!
I would really recommend the free online session to anyone if they are interested. Well worth 2 hours of my day.
That sounds really amazing! Especially for free!

I have to see the consultant after each scan. It’s not uncommon for me to be at the hospital for 3 hours. So much wasted time that it does my head in. Seems to be a different person to check urine, another one to weigh me etc. I also had an alert on the app and had to self isolate last time I went to the hospital 🤦‍♀️

Hi everyone,
At mine I’ve just to turn up on time too. The maternity section of the hospital I go to is completely separate to any other part of the hospital which makes me feel a bit more comfortable going for apps etc and it’s security Iocked so you have to report to reception before they let you in and they ask if you have any covid symptoms etc. The waiting area the seats are all separated out for social distancing and theres usually no more than 3 people there waiting at a time, they’ve sanitiser etc everywhere, everyone’s wearing masks. The only person your in direct contact with is your midwife. Im usually in and out in less than half an hr apart from my last app which was a growth scan it took a bit longer

I have to see the consultant after each scan. It’s not uncommon for me to be at the hospital for 3 hours. So much wasted time that it does my head in. Seems to be a different person to check urine, another one to weigh me etc. I also had an alert on the app and had to self isolate last time I went to the hospital 🤦‍♀️
I have this too after every growth scan.
Last time, I got called in for my consultant, a nurse did my urine. Then told me to wait for the consultant to come in.
She then comes back 15 minutes later saying "Sorry, we need this room, can you wait outside"
So I went and sat outside the room for her to then come 10 minutes later and tell me there's a room available, can I sit in there and wait.
I was there in the room for an hour and 15 minutes until the consultant eventually came in

i went for the scan on Friday I arrived ten mins early just because I wanted to be on time I literally went into a waiting room put my bum on the chair and immediately I was out scanned and going for bloods. The busiest scan room has been the EPU and then I was sent to my local hospital for my scan which had only one other in the waiting room with me. The hospital I will give birth at is huge compared to the smaller local one I went for the scan so makes sense why it was much busier. X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.