Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My previous midwife appointments, with both children, I've seen a different community midwife every time.
Only on my first baby did they discuss a birth plan and that was at 36 week appointment where all she said was, by next appointment, I want you to write a birth plan.
So I spent ages online looking at birth plans and what to write because I had no idea.
Found a template thing to print off and did that.
Then took it to my 38 week appointment and the midwife basically crossed everything off and wrote her own things.

This time, my only face to face appointments so far with my midwife have been 28 weeks and 34 weeks

We’ve named him Edward , after my husbands Dad & Grandad. He was 7lb 3, which is a brilliant size considering age. But all my previous babies have been large, my 3rd was 10lb born at 40 weeks. So I can only imagine how big he would have been if born at full term.
I never got the the point to discuss birth plans, in my county the midwife has a birth plan discussion at 36 weeks with you. You can make your wishes known before hand and bring it up at any time though.
That's lovely 😍😍
Congratulations!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I may be different being in Scotland but I don’t have any paper notes and never have with this pregnancy. Everything is on the app now, all my appointments and I have an antenatal, birth and postnatal section where I put all my questions, I also have a birth plan with lots of sections on it Iv to fill in about feeding, vitamin K injection, skin to skin, monitoring baby during labour etc, does anyone else have this ?
Yep I was told I won’t have any paper notes and all my notes are on Maternity Notes app. Appointments and test results go on there and lots of info about everything. Quite good isn’t it?

So I had my little boy on Saturday. As he was 5 weeks early we have a little stay in hospital ahead of us. But he’s so beautiful and doing wonderfully well.
View attachment 451461
Congratulations 💙

My midwife did a birth plan with me at my 37 week appointment. Although I wasn’t really bothered about doing one, it was just a load of ‘either or’ type questions. I already knew what pain relief was available etc.

And my birth didn’t go to plan anyways 😅🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yep I was told I won’t have any paper notes and all my notes are on Maternity Notes app. Appointments and test results go on there and lots of info about everything. Quite good isn’t it?
Yes I had paper notes with my first and have found the app a lot easier this time, I like that it tells you about babies development week by week too

I may be different being in Scotland but I don’t have any paper notes and never have with this pregnancy. Everything is on the app now, all my appointments and I have an antenatal, birth and postnatal section where I put all my questions, I also have a birth plan with lots of sections on it Iv to fill in about feeding, vitamin K injection, skin to skin, monitoring baby during labour etc, does anyone else have this ?
I have this too, I'm in Kent. I never think to look at it though. It's weird for me as I had the book with my first baby.

I was really lucky and had a student midwife so saw her once a week from 32 weeks. I was her last birth til she qualified. She was amazing and let me take photos of my labour notes 🤭
This baby I've seen my midwife 3 times. Luckily get a standard growth scan with my hospital at 36 weeks. I can't imagine having a 20 week scan and then that's it until the birth!

Reactions: 3
I have this too, I'm in Kent. I never think to look at it though. It's weird for me as I had the book with my first baby.

I was really lucky and had a student midwife so saw her once a week from 32 weeks. I was her last birth til she qualified. She was amazing and let me take photos of my labour notes 🤭
This baby I've seen my midwife 3 times. Luckily get a standard growth scan with my hospital at 36 weeks. I can't imagine having a 20 week scan and then that's it until the birth!
I’m the same I think I would have to book a private scan in the third trimester if I wasn’t getting growth scans, 20 weeks is a long wait! My last pregnancy I had a different midwife at every appointment which seems to be very common but Iv had the same one this time, she’s lovely too which makes things so much better, Iv heard of women having to request a new midwife because they didn’t like theirs 🙈

I know I’m in a different area to all you guys but did you have to pay for scan photos at the hospital? It says on my letter to bring pound coins only for the machine to get photos, £5 for 1, £10 for 3. I need to get some cash out and get some change from it before I go!

I'm in Scotland too but don't have this! Would be quite useful!

I know I’m in a different area to all you guys but did you have to pay for scan photos at the hospital? It says on my letter to bring pound coins only for the machine to get photos, £5 for 1, £10 for 3. I need to get some cash out and get some change from it before I go!
I had to pay £7 by card when I booked in at reception for my scan appointment. That was for a ‘set’ of photos - in my case 3.

Hope it goes well today I also was told to bring card because of covid then basically they gave me one picture and it’s not the best if I’m honest and no one said I could buy anymore I wasn’t a fan of the man who scanned me though.

• Sad
I'm 18 + 2 and felt the same last week. My nausea and tiredness have definitely improved and I felt pleased but then suddenly panicked that something bad had happened! I was literally playing with my boobs to see if they still hurt or not 🤣 Luckily I had the midwife appt on the Friday and heard the heartbeat so was reassured and feel better as I've continued to feel better and more sprites. I haven't really felt baby at all and I read it can take quite a while for some, especially if its your first baby. Somensaid even up to 25 weeks before you feel anything. If you're totally worried, then how about booking a private scan? We had one at 8 weeks for some reassurance and it was fab. Well worth the cost which was about £60 in our area x
So glad it's not just me! I had a private scan just over two weeks ago so I'm not sure if I would be going over board by booking another one 🙈 my 20 week scan is in a couple of weeks too!

I’m also very emotional lol I just burst into tears for no reason on Sunday (it’s cause there was children on the tele.) Are you starting to see changes in your tummy at all? I think somethings starting to happen for me.
😂 I just feel bad for my poor husband, he doesn’t know how to cope with crying haha. And I’m noticing a very slight bump (probably bloat) in the evening - but nothing in the morning! I think everything is starting to get squeezed around.
Hope your 12wk scan goes well today! I actually got my photos for free as compensation for having the trainee sonographer press on my bladder for 30 mins...

There is a section in my green folder of notes about birth plan, which others may have in their notes. Not that I believe anyone has ever looked at mine when I’ve been in labour!
For anyone who is unsure what a birth plan should include, I’m attaching some info from the positive birth book. It’s a visual guide to birth plan choices. I’ll attach the link as well but not sure it will work as it’s from a Facebook group.
Thank you for this! I think it’s quite scary how we’re supposed to pretty much do our own research on all of this - I wonder if young/vulnerable mothers get this sort of support from somewhere.

My letter said to bring £5 for 1 or £10 for 3 it had to be in exact cash as they don’t give change but at both my 12 and 20 week scans they gave me 1 photo for free

My hospital had these prices but never once charged me or any other ladies.

My letter always says about paying but I only ever had to pay in my first pregnancy. No one asked this time around, they just gave me the photos.

😂 I just feel bad for my poor husband, he doesn’t know how to cope with crying haha. And I’m noticing a very slight bump (probably bloat) in the evening - but nothing in the morning! I think everything is starting to get squeezed around.
Hope your 12wk scan goes well today! I actually got my photos for free as compensation for having the trainee sonographer press on my bladder for 30 mins...

Thank you for this! I think it’s quite scary how we’re supposed to pretty much do our own research on all of this - I wonder if young/vulnerable mothers get this sort of support from somewhere.
My bulb at night looks like I’ve eaten loads of food but once I’ve got dressed in the morning out my leggings on etc you can’t tell so sounds like we are the same. I also cry a lot strange things set me off but mainly people’s babies/ announcement posts and seeing dads with babies 🤣 Has anyone else noticed the adverts on Instagram change if you have it like mine used to be makeup food and fashion now it’s loungewear and baby items prams weaning pages! I don’t have Facebook but as it’s owned by them I can imagine that would be similar x

I’m the same I think I would have to book a private scan in the third trimester if I wasn’t getting growth scans, 20 weeks is a long wait! My last pregnancy I had a different midwife at every appointment which seems to be very common but Iv had the same one this time, she’s lovely too which makes things so much better, Iv heard of women having to request a new midwife because they didn’t like theirs 🙈
I’ve seen a different midwife every time due to staffing/leave and moving house. Unfortunately the one I met yesterday is going to be my regular midwife, I was unimpressed.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I normally do and they're normally the same price as that.
However, because of Covid, they don't want a bunch of people using the machine to pay for them so they're just giving them free!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.