Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Rose18778 - thats so sad. Im so sorry to hear that happened to you and to hear all the experiences others have mentioned. Its every pregnant woman's worst fear. Sending you lots of love xxx

Reactions: 2
I’m so sorry to read this. I had a MMC at my 12 week scan in a previous pregnancy. Baby stopped growing at 11+4, I’d had a scan at 7 weeks and saw the heartbeat, so it floored me. I had the medical management and I found it very tough, I was in hospital for 4 days whilst it happened and it truly felt like labour, something I wasn’t expecting just to warn you. I hope things go smoothly for you and you get your rainbow baby very soon. Take care of yourself in the coming weeks and months. Xx
So sorry to hear about your previous MMC :( I had a scan 10 days ago and saw a heartbeat but was measuring a week behind. I just had a feeling the last few days that something wasn’t right. That sounds awful about staying in hospital and it feeling like labour, thank you for the warning though. Hopefully it will be ok. Thank you for your kind words and best of luck with your pregnancy xxx

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I should be 8+5 today but had a scan earlier as was feeling anxious and there was no heartbeat, baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I will need to call my doctors in the morning to be referred to EPU, does anyone have any experience of this? I’ve had no bleeding or cramping yet. :(

Wishing everyone happy and healthy pregnancies and hopefully it will happen again for us soon.
so sorry. I went through this last year. It was during the first lockdown so they encouraged me to go home and wait it out. Unfortunately, I started bleeding heavily that night and had to go back in. I had surgery the following morning. Please message me if you’d like to xx

Reactions: 1
So sorry to hear about your previous MMC :( I had a scan 10 days ago and saw a heartbeat but was measuring a week behind. I just had a feeling the last few days that something wasn’t right. That sounds awful about staying in hospital and it feeling like labour, thank you for the warning though. Hopefully it will be ok. Thank you for your kind words and best of luck with your pregnancy xxx
Thank you. I hope you have plenty of support around you and go easy on yourself. Take care lovely xx

Did you ladies gain much weight in your first trimester? I’ve put on 2kg and my doctor commented on it this morning 😭 Is that too much? My diet has been pretty poor because of nausea and food aversions but I’m just panicking about the weight gain now.
I have had 4 babies and put on 5 stone with each of them (lost it all in between each baby) no one professional ever even weighed me or asked about my weight, aside from the midwife at my booking in appointments. All my babies were born straight forward and healthy.

Reactions: 5
I’m really struggling with sickness - not actually being sick, but just 24/7 nauseous feeling. I’m having to force myself to eat but nothing actually takes it off at all 😣
This is me right now, I'm only 6+2 and never been this bad with previous pregnancies :sick:

Random question for you ladies- have you changed up your skincare routine since you found out you were pregnant?
Im not sure where the best source is to find out what is recommended to use.
I just wash my face with water now and use simple rich Moisturiser. I miss my old skincare routine 😂

Random question for you ladies- have you changed up your skincare routine since you found out you were pregnant?
I just wash my face with water now and use simple rich Moisturiser. I miss my old skincare routine 😂
I just use moisturiser purely because I can’t be arsed. The only thing I made sure to avoid was retinol products

Anybody else get the fear about going to brush your teeth? I put it off as long as possible cause I know it’ll make me sick or at the very least some serious retching.

That’s all I’ve ever done 🙊 I use a cloth wipe just to take my make up off and clean my face, then moisturise. My skin is generally less spotty during pregnancy which is great.

Reactions: 3
I just use cetaphil cleanser and warm water, my skin is usually really acne prone but pregnancy seems to give me clear skin so I don’t really need to use much 😅

Anybody else get the fear about going to brush your teeth? I put it off as long as possible cause I know it’ll make me sick or at the very least some serious retching.
Yes, absolutely. The amount of times I’ve had to stop brushing or flossing because of nausea and gagging 🤢 but the taste of unbrushed teeth makes me feel even worse so it’s worth the risk

I always used to wash my face with water and use simple rich too haha, but I did also use retinol which I’ve stopped.

Living in hope that I’ll get the good skin part of pregnancy soon 😂

• Haha
Hey I am really into skincare and I have bought completely new items I found this website where you type the brand in and it tells you what you can and can’t use & the reason eg it has a certain ingredient which is not advised. I no longer use chemical peels etc and bought new cleaner toner moisturiser and exfoliator cost me a small fortune and now majority of my other stuff is redundant so have donated it to my partner who is partial to the CT magic cream! https://www.15minutebeauty.com/pregnancy-friendly-skincare-products.html

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if you can take paracetamol?
Been living off them for the last 2 months because of my migraines. Midwife told me ita fine to take up to 8 a day but if I can get away with the lowest dosage then do that. Said I could speak to the consultant about getting put on some other drug but I would need weekly growth scans, so not really up for that 🙄.

My skin has been absolutely vile during pregnancy, SO dry and sensitive. I wish it were oily sometimes!!

Just had a call back from the midwife re my 12 week scan and blood test results. Downs/Edwards/Patau low risk but also have something called low Papp A and she’s told me I need to take aspirin for the rest of pregnancy in addition to extra growth scans. Has anyone else had this?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.