Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure on this, I think it would depend what the reason is that’s on it now and what they want you to get it changed to?
My manager said to use a common pregnancy reason so I asked the Dr to use hip pain (genuinely not lying because my hips are so sore and uncomfy when I'm standing or sitting too long) but he's told me to get it amended to anxiety. I'm just not sure if my GP will or not because technically I should be signed off work via them and not the GP due to the current guidance 😩

My manager said to use a common pregnancy reason so I asked the Dr to use hip pain (genuinely not lying because my hips are so sore and uncomfy when I'm standing or sitting too long) but he's told me to get it amended to anxiety. I'm just not sure if my GP will or not because technically I should be signed off work via them and not the GP due to the current guidance 😩
Why are they wanting you to get it changed? I’d be wary of this - it’s your doctors job to do the form and take responsibility for it as it is a legal document, not your manager. Pregnancy related sickness won’t be held against you when it comes to disciplinary procedures but could still affect your pay - I was off for 6 weeks with my first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage and was close to dropping to half pay by the time I went back to work (NHS).
I do sick notes and I would be pissed off being dictated by a random manager telling me what they want on it - I ask the patient and we come to an agreement,if the patient doesn’t want something written on the note we find a way to protect their privacy. Not getting at you at all, I just don’t get why your manager cares what the reason is for the sick notes as long as they code it as pregnancy related with HR it shouldn’t matter!

Reactions: 1
I think we are feeling the same with the nausea it is much better than it was but I still have this weird thing where I just don’t fancy eating sometimes and makes me feel 🤢
The pain was really bad yesterday so I rang the doctors I’ve got to have physio it is a very odd pain it’s like my pelvic bone is bruised and I struggle to walk up the stairs. I will be fine though just happy my screening test came back. It was hard to get a pillow because all the reviews on Amazon were so hit and miss. Also very exciting about your gender scan I bet you can’t wait xx
Yeah last night I struggled to find anything I wanted to eat for dinner just had cheese on toast in the end. Oh no sounds awful. Hopefully physio will help a bit. Were your screening results all okay yeah? Yeah definitely can’t wait, got a feeling it’s a girl haha

Why are they wanting you to get it changed? I’d be wary of this - it’s your doctors job to do the form and take responsibility for it as it is a legal document, not your manager. Pregnancy related sickness won’t be held against you when it comes to disciplinary procedures but could still affect your pay - I was off for 6 weeks with my first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage and was close to dropping to half pay by the time I went back to work (NHS).
I do sick notes and I would be pissed off being dictated by a random manager telling me what they want on it - I ask the patient and we come to an agreement,if the patient doesn’t want something written on the note we find a way to protect their privacy. Not getting at you at all, I just don’t get why your manager cares what the reason is for the sick notes as long as they code it as pregnancy related with HR it shouldn’t matter!
Thank you! I feel the same way. I've got my note and it's a valid reason so I'm a bit weary of having to call my Dr's to ask them to change the reason (the receptionist in my GP surgery is very very nippy and I can already see where she will tell me to go) 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Screening results back (speedy!)

Down’s syndrome: 1 in 1440
Edwards / Pataus: < 1 in 100,000

Apparently this is not considered ‘at increased risk’ so won’t require further testing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Apparently this is not considered ‘at increased risk’ so won’t require further testing.
Was that all done at your 12 week scan? I have mine in a few weeks time.

Was that all done at your 12 week scan? I have mine in a few weeks time.
Yes midwife asked if I’d like the screening, I said yes. They measure fluid at the back of the baby’s neck and also take blood from you. They combine that data with your age, weight, smoking status and probably other things to calculate the risk numbers.

Yes midwife asked if I’d like the screening, I said yes. They measure fluid at the back of the baby’s neck and also take blood from you. They combine that data with your age, weight, smoking status and probably other things to calculate the risk numbers.
Thanks for explaining it, I read the little leaflet they sent me with my scan letter but wasn’t sure when it would all be done. I’ll be having it too then - worth it isn’t it! Glad yours came back all good

Did anyone tell their parents (or closest other) they were pregnant before their 12 week scan?

Did anyone tell their parents (or closest other) they were pregnant before their 12 week scan?
I told my Mum with my first 2 before 12 weeks.
Told my best friend as soon as I found out and told my sister as soon as I found out.

There is no right or wrong. It's mainly who you'd want there for you if something were to go wrong.

I told my mum and mother in law days after I found out I was pregnant so around 5 weeks, told my sister in law around 8 weeks and then everyone else after the 12 week scan

Reactions: 3
We’re planning to tell our parents on Mother’s Day, I’ll be 11 weeks and we’ll have had our private scan the week before. Then we’re planning to tell everyone else after our first hospital scan two weeks later.

I’ve only been able to keep it a secret from mine because of not seeing them due to lockdown! Id have slipped up by now if I was round there as much as I usually am 😂

• Heart
I really struggled last time from around week 18 with pelvic girdle pain, didn’t find much help from midwife or GP. I went to an Osteopath who helped me and saw her for a few months after. It did thankfully pass and I’m hoping not to suffer as bad this time as I
could barely walk by the end but found this organisation really useful https://pelvicpartnership.org.uk/

I didn’t know anyone else who had suffered from it so felt very lonely and hard to explain how sore it was to others. A plastic bag on your seat for sitting and swinging into the car helped and keeping knees together when getting out of bed helped. Sending love xx

I really struggled last time from around week 18 with pelvic girdle pain, didn’t find much help from midwife or GP. I went to an Osteopath who helped me and saw her for a few months after. It did thankfully pass and I’m hoping not to suffer as bad this time as I
could barely walk by the end but found this organisation really useful https://pelvicpartnership.org.uk/

I didn’t know anyone else who had suffered from it so felt very lonely and hard to explain how sore it was to others. A plastic bag on your seat for sitting and swinging into the car helped and keeping knees together when getting out of bed helped. Sending love xx
They finally diagnosed me with it at my last midwife appointment. Even though I'd been questioning it since beginning of December.
So they've only just offered me physio at 34 weeks which she said by the time they get in contact, there won't be much point 😑

• Sad

I have it really bad I have spd and found this out last night from the doctors I really sympathise as it’s so painful xx

• Sad
I have it really bad I have spd and found this out last night from the doctors I really sympathise as it’s so painful xx
I have it too. Also had it with my last child. The pain is so so bad. I found physio last time did nothing but seeing an osteopath has really helped this time round.

@Icbaaaa No way should your manager be asking you to get that changed, that sounds very dodgy to me. I would just go back and say no, the GP is not willing to change it based on the appointment you had, end of story.

@Kitt great news about the screening results coming back quickly, I’m sure it’s put your mind at ease.

@Crazycatlady18 I told my parents before my 12 week scan in my last 3 pregnancies, just because I needed their support and help with older kids as I felt so sick. Told my whole family at 9 weeks this time actually, as we were going to a funeral together (we had to travel to) and wanted them to know why I’d packed so many snacks 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
We told our parents at 2 weeks pregnant. Waited until 12 weeks to tell family. Haven’t done any sort of announcement on social media as I don’t tend to post anything personal on there. I’m 17 weeks now and most people don’t know as I’m working from home and not seeing seeing anyone

We told our parents at 2 weeks pregnant. Waited until 12 weeks to tell family. Haven’t done any sort of announcement on social media as I don’t tend to post anything personal on there. I’m 17 weeks now and most people don’t know as I’m working from home and not seeing seeing anyone
Funny I saw someone yesterday and she was like “oh, you’re pregnant! I didn’t know!” I’m almost 32 weeks, but just not having seen anyone since before Christmas when I wasn’t showing so much means everyone is clueless still. The first few school picks up should soon have everyone in the know as I waddle along 🤣

• Heart

My results came back too on Friday took a week to come through. But I am so glad it is good news for you. I find everything from my hospital takes ages!

@Crazycatlady18 I told my mum and dad when my partner came back from work I was 5 weeks but only because I couldn’t believe it and if anything happens I wanted my mums support so then we told my mother in law. I have only just told my manager and three of my work friends. My close family know I think you should do what you want to do 🥰

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.