Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are you guys choosing names?

it occurred to me tonight that I spend so much time shouting my daughter’s name I think I’m going test out shouting our shortlist and see what I don’t get bored of.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

it occurred to me tonight that I spend so much time shouting my daughter’s name I think I’m going test out shouting our shortlist and see what I don’t get bored of.
Sorry that made me giggle.
I'm bored of all 3 names I've chosen🤣 sick of saying them🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

My friend used an app called Kinder! You and your partner both swipe on names and it collates the ones you both like. I’ve had a list on my phone for ages that I add to, but my husband won’t entertain a name chat until we know the gender.

Reactions: 1
My friend used an app called Kinder! You and your partner both swipe on names and it collates the ones you both like. I’ve had a list on my phone for ages that I add to, but my husband won’t entertain a name chat until we know the gender.
I am obsessed with the site kabalarians

i think we’ve got a boys name and a girls name and they’re the male and female equivalent of each other.

having said that my husband has Some scandi in his heritage so we thought about reflecting that in the name of its a boy and I am so extremely stuck on Hendrixx (also my little girl and I are massive Jimi Hendrix fans) but it’s been met with a very whomp whomp whomp reception. But I love it.

My SIL and BIL had a very complicated process, multiple tiers of names and they didn't decide until he was almost 6 weeks old! The final test was saying "Nephew's Name put your shoes on!" to see how it felt.

At the moment we are going on a theme based on our nickname for the baby. My husband also likes the idea of a name from his Mum's background so we have a few parameters but at 16 weeks it still feels early days so we are just putting ones we think of into a list for now.

• Heart
We’ve got our first set of results back from the amniocentesis and she’s clear for Downs, Plateau, and Edwards. I’m an emotional wreck.
And I’m so thankful to the fetal medicine nurse for calling after 5pm when she should have been home so that we wouldn’t worry all weekend 😭
That is amazing news and just cheered me up xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Yep you definitely need to test out the middle name threaten when they know your getting serious.. definitely backfired when I say my sons name and he shouts his middle name back at me 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well managed to get a wee glimpse of her in 4d but for the most part she wasn’t playing ball and had both legs and feet in front of her face😳😂 so they’ve booked us back in for Monday! But seriously how are they comfy like that?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
No no you're not allowed to go before me remember 🤣🙈. Ah I'm only kidding, how exciting hopefully you have your bundle of joy soon. Good Baba for cooperating with the wedding. I'm re-signing myself to the induction on Sunday.
Still here! No more movement yet.. you are by all means welcome to go first as I'm bloody nervous 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Still here! No more movement yet.. you are by all means welcome to go first as I'm bloody nervous 😂
I'm impatient but then I remember labour and shut up for a few mins hahaha.

On the choosing names question a few posts up. We've a boy name agreed on and no name for a girl. So I'm screwed if this baby is a girl as we can't agree.

• Haha
Has anyone else measured big at nearly 30 weeks? He’s measuring 4lbs already 😅😅😅😅 I’m mildly panicking! my son was born at 40+5 and was 9lb 1oz, so maybe I make them big but…I’m scared nothing will fit and I’ll have a huge sumo baby!

At what week did any of you (if you did) have an early scan privately? I’m finding this week I’m so anxious and crying a lot, mainly as I’ve had 2 IBS flares & a stressful work week so every twinge & cramp from IBS I’m thinking the worst. I’ll be 6 weeks Monday so thinking to go next Friday just to check things are in the right place 😖

• Heart
At what week did any of you (if you did) have an early scan privately? I’m finding this week I’m so anxious and crying a lot, mainly as I’ve had 2 IBS flares & a stressful work week so every twinge & cramp from IBS I’m thinking the worst. I’ll be 6 weeks Monday so thinking to go next Friday just to check things are in the right place 😖
We did private at 8 weeks. Best thing we did because of the reassurance x

I thought I was 7 and a bit but only measured 5+6, we were lucky to be able to see what we could and a heartbeat. They said if we had gone a day or two earlier would have been too early to see anything xx

I had my first scan at 8 weeks and we got a clear image and heartbeat. Hope you feel better soon!

• Heart
8, 10, 12 & 16. I can’t recommend anything more ever, the only thing that calmed the anxiety xx

Reactions: 2
So I take back my earlier comment, I think things are actually happening now 😬

The contractions are still bearable with paracetamol and breathing methods. 45 seconds long and about 4 minutes apart.

I will say it's SO confusing as to when you should call the hospital. The midwife today said when they're taking my breath away, a minute long and 3 minutes apart so I'm staying put for now. I never had to time contractions with my first as my waters went early and I got booked in for induction.

Honestly I'd love to get some sleep to get some.energy but I think I'm past that point 🙃

(Also hope I don't post in the morning to tell you all nothing happened 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So I take back my earlier comment, I think things are actually happening now 😬

The contractions are still bearable with paracetamol and breathing methods. 45 seconds long and about 4 minutes apart.

I will say it's SO confusing as to when you should call the hospital. The midwife today said when they're taking my breath away, a minute long and 3 minutes apart so I'm staying put for now. I never had to time contractions with my first as my waters went early and I got booked in for induction.

Honestly I'd love to get some sleep to get some.energy but I think I'm past that point 🙃

(Also hope I don't post in the morning to tell you all nothing happened 😂)

Sounds like the little darling is on the way 😊😊😊. It's funny you think once you've done it before you know the signs, but it's different each time and there's a lot of guess work. Wishing you a speedy and easy labour.

Guys I need help! Do we like Penelope Jane or Penelope Grace? Jane is my middle name and grace is a family name. Which better?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.