Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, was a bit late to answer @shadowofdoubt ’s q on the last thread so catching up here. We’re still just being observed for now (me for BP and bloods and baby for heartbeat and movement, both good only my BP really that’s all over the place but not super high anymore, and honestly I’m starting to think that’s mostly from the stress. They keep coming and checking after I’ve been having yet another good cry).
We’re still on labour ward, in assessment, Doctors/consultants come round every morning and evening (which I think is standard?) to update on any results and what’s going on/any plans.

The baby is well developed for his gestational age, which is good and on our side (that bloody sonographer yesterday.. honestly those who have got annoyed when sonographers say they can’t comment on something because they are not consultants/it’s not their job, they’re telling the truth!). He’s looking just under 2lbs and brain, heart and vital organs have all developed really well and he looks like a healthy, happy little 27week foetus. He’s also got a great steady 145bpm heartbeat and is moving around happily. The only thing that is causing the massive concern is that every other heartbeat the pre-eclampsia is causing the blood supply from my placenta to him to shut off. He appears to have managed well so far without this, however they are concerned this could change any moment, and when it does they have to get him out straight away. They’re therefore monitoring us both to get that balancing act right, basically figuring out when he will be safer and develop better outside the womb than inside. They’re telling me this will be days not weeks. They’ve put me on a fast today in case I need a c section, but I’m hoping he can safely stay in as many days as possible just so he’s less premature.

a doctor from NICU came to speak to us yesterday too. She was lovely and very reassuring in many ways. She did have to tell us about all the health risks we could encounter, but all are relatively small, and survival at 27-8 weeks is actually good. She told us we would have been having a more somber conversation with her if he was smaller or much earlier. She explained all the things that will happen while he’s in NICU and that we can see him as much as we want.

MH wise I’m not doing great. I’m mostly worried sick about him, and how we’re going to manage the stress of the next few months of him in NICU where they’ve said he’ll be until his November due date. To a lesser extent and unexpectedly i’m grieving the pregnancy and birth I’ve been preparing for that i’m now, suddenly, not going to have. Tried to read the c-section part of a pregnancy book to prepare myself yesterday and just felt irrationally angry at this stupid book and author telling me about hypnobirthing and getting to skin to skin with my baby after a section. I’m never going to get to that third trimester stage. We have paid NCT and loads of free neonatal classes booked, and the fact we’re now going to get hands on one on one training with the midwives in NICU combined with the fact that I have no idea how I will go to these classes with a bunch of pregnant people is making me think I should just cancel. All these new mum friends I was making on peanut etc. I have no idea how I’ll talk to them now. Partly because I’ll feel sad and they’ll feel awkward I don’t feel ready to not feel his little kicks getting stronger every week anymore. I feel he’s not ready to come out yet, which is upsetting. The newborn baby cries and sounds of women in labour has become increasingly bittersweet. I’m not going to have that first healthy, happy baby cry and hold him in my arms. If that comes at all it will be months. I’m angry I didn’t meet the criteria to be put on aspirin for straight away, it was only after the placenta issue was spotted at my 20 week scan. I’m blaming that now even though we couldn’t have known, but I think I’m just grieving and feeling angry and like my body has failed me and my baby.

Hoping I can find some positivity soon. Sorry this has been quite long and a bit of a downer. I think there are some positives but I’m just really struggling to take it all in at the minute
Wow what a rollercoaster for you, and so much to take in during the space of a few days ♥

This may be of some comfort - but my friends cousin has recently been through the same however her baby was also measuring very small. She was born just before 30 weeks and is absolutely thriving and smashing every single milestone.

You did well to stay all day! My best friend got married when I was 41+1 and I managed to get to the ceremony but had to leave afterwards. Went into labour the next day ha ha.

Are you happy for baby to come now that’s over? xx
Oh my god I don't think I'd have managed that, I think just before 40 weeks was my limit! I made it 11:30am -6pm with the help of family to chase mt daughter about luckily! I'm still totally wiped out today though and have to get into town for a midwife appointment 🥴

I'm happy for him to come, although it's my wedding anniversary today so maybe if he can just hang one more day lol? 😅 In all seriousness though yes... get this baby out of me! 😂

@Wophie well done on lasting all day! I’ve got a 2 hour kids party on Sunday and I really can’t be arsed with that never mind a full on wedding 😂 x
Nah a kids party is definitely worse than a wedding, bloody good luck to you is all I'll say 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi, was a bit late to answer @shadowofdoubt ’s q on the last thread so catching up here. We’re still just being observed for now (me for BP and bloods and baby for heartbeat and movement, both good only my BP really that’s all over the place but not super high anymore, and honestly I’m starting to think that’s mostly from the stress. They keep coming and checking after I’ve been having yet another good cry).
We’re still on labour ward, in assessment, Doctors/consultants come round every morning and evening (which I think is standard?) to update on any results and what’s going on/any plans.

The baby is well developed for his gestational age, which is good and on our side (that bloody sonographer yesterday.. honestly those who have got annoyed when sonographers say they can’t comment on something because they are not consultants/it’s not their job, they’re telling the truth!). He’s looking just under 2lbs and brain, heart and vital organs have all developed really well and he looks like a healthy, happy little 27week foetus. He’s also got a great steady 145bpm heartbeat and is moving around happily. The only thing that is causing the massive concern is that every other heartbeat the pre-eclampsia is causing the blood supply from my placenta to him to shut off. He appears to have managed well so far without this, however they are concerned this could change any moment, and when it does they have to get him out straight away. They’re therefore monitoring us both to get that balancing act right, basically figuring out when he will be safer and develop better outside the womb than inside. They’re telling me this will be days not weeks. They’ve put me on a fast today in case I need a c section, but I’m hoping he can safely stay in as many days as possible just so he’s less premature.

a doctor from NICU came to speak to us yesterday too. She was lovely and very reassuring in many ways. She did have to tell us about all the health risks we could encounter, but all are relatively small, and survival at 27-8 weeks is actually good. She told us we would have been having a more somber conversation with her if he was smaller or much earlier. She explained all the things that will happen while he’s in NICU and that we can see him as much as we want.

MH wise I’m not doing great. I’m mostly worried sick about him, and how we’re going to manage the stress of the next few months of him in NICU where they’ve said he’ll be until his November due date. To a lesser extent and unexpectedly i’m grieving the pregnancy and birth I’ve been preparing for that i’m now, suddenly, not going to have. Tried to read the c-section part of a pregnancy book to prepare myself yesterday and just felt irrationally angry at this stupid book and author telling me about hypnobirthing and getting to skin to skin with my baby after a section. I’m never going to get to that third trimester stage. We have paid NCT and loads of free neonatal classes booked, and the fact we’re now going to get hands on one on one training with the midwives in NICU combined with the fact that I have no idea how I will go to these classes with a bunch of pregnant people is making me think I should just cancel. All these new mum friends I was making on peanut etc. I have no idea how I’ll talk to them now. Partly because I’ll feel sad and they’ll feel awkward I don’t feel ready to not feel his little kicks getting stronger every week anymore. I feel he’s not ready to come out yet, which is upsetting. The newborn baby cries and sounds of women in labour has become increasingly bittersweet. I’m not going to have that first healthy, happy baby cry and hold him in my arms. If that comes at all it will be months. I’m angry I didn’t meet the criteria to be put on aspirin for straight away, it was only after the placenta issue was spotted at my 20 week scan. I’m blaming that now even though we couldn’t have known, but I think I’m just grieving and feeling angry and like my body has failed me and my baby.

Hoping I can find some positivity soon. Sorry this has been quite long and a bit of a downer. I think there are some positives but I’m just really struggling to take it all in at the minute
This all sounds so incredibly difficult, thinking of you and baby boy and sending you all the best. I hope everything goes as well as it can over the next few days.

Reactions: 3

You are doing remarkably well even if you don’t feel like that. I totally understand this isn’t the outcome you planned for or would choose but holding onto the positives is going to help you keep going.

Personally I would cancel the NCT classes you have booked if you are able to. I’m not sure you’ll have the time for them and mine were focused a lot on labour/birth, first days post-birth and breastfeeding which are things that won’t be relevant when you would come to attend them which I imagine will be October? Really you attend to meet people in the same position as you dates-wise and you can meet those people in other ways as you progress.

Please do keep us updated, you’ve been in my thoughts x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
On progesterone, Iv got from diarrhoea to constipation. Sorry poop talk. Anyone suggestions, hoping for more natural solutions first?
Hot water and lemon worked for me the other day! I asked the same question on the last thread and got lots of advice from these lovelies so maybe look back.

Sorry I missed this this morning and didn’t want to not reply. You are doing amazing even though it probably doesn’t feel like it right now ❤ Let us know how today goes. The important thing is that you are both in the best place and have all these amazing people looking after you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Thinking of you ❤

• Heart
I have only been having sips of water and then had to chug 300ml of drink! Why is it so much :sick: 😭

An hour and 10 minutes until I can eat. However people are still being called for their first blood draw 🙀 so 5th in the queue seems pretty good now

This thread was so helpful to me when I was pregnant I don’t think I’ll ever stop posting here 🥰

Hope @Kaybethkay is getting on okay ❤❤
Same, we're one now yet here I am🤣

I'm sending you so much love.
theres a lot of great neonatal charities that are a fantastic world of support, the main one is Bliss, if you can find the strength, give them a contact they have access to specialists who can come and see you support you every step of the way, plus pre and post natal counselling. We had a local one called spoons, also. They had local baby sensory and NCT classes for mums of preemies so you were surrounded by people who had shared your situation and knew how hard it is and was to navigate rather than the sympathy from strangers who can never relate. If you can speak to your NICU nurse or consultant and they may know if there is a local charity within your hospital. I can't remember where you are based. I'm sorry.
You will be amazed by just how resilient these preemies are, and they encourage kangaroo care from the moment they are in the incubator, i know its a scary daunting prospect, and i know just how easy it is to blame yourself, especially when you know part of your body has failed, i still blame myself a year on. You are in the best place and it really sounds like they're doing everything they can for the both of you. Dont ever apologise for feeling like this, it is totally natural. Im so sorry & im sending you so much love ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Has anyone got any experience with mam bottles? I used tommee tippee with my first and had no problems but everyone seems to be raving off mam now. I’m unsure what to get. The same with kendamil formula? I used cow and gate last time, again no issues
Yes I used Mam last time and have bought them for this baby too.i found them absolutely brilliant plus you can sterilise them in the microwave without using a stereliser.

• Heart

Sending you love my love xx
You are so aware of your feelings and honestly even though it was sad to read what you were going through I think your strength lies on how aware you are of what drives your emotions.

I can’t imagine how tough this is for you and the worry and the rest of the emotions but im wishing the very best for you and your little 💙

please don’t blame yourself or your body. It’s just one of those things, let that bit go xx

Has anyone got any experience with mam bottles? I used tommee tippee with my first and had no problems but everyone seems to be raving off mam now. I’m unsure what to get. The same with kendamil formula? I used cow and gate last time, again no issues
i found tommee tippee bottles went all over the shop when she fed, we switched to mam and she fed from them without any problem at all.

Tbh I would wait and see if your baby is happy with the tommee tippee bottles because if they are then you don’t need to buy new ones as it’s just another expense isn’t it.

maybe I have a fusspot for a child but she wouldn’t take aptimil either so we used Hipp formula and she was happy with that. Little tinker.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Ive always swore by Dr Browns but equally as intrigued by Mam ones!
I’d go for whatever formula you can get from wherever you shop. Kendamil seemed to be having supply issues and so I’d make sure you can get it easily. There would literally be nothing worse than having to go from shop to shop to find it would there 😴

Ive always swore by Dr Browns but equally as intrigued by Mam ones!
I’d go for whatever formula you can get from wherever you shop. Kendamil seemed to be having supply issues and so I’d make sure you can get it easily. There would literally be nothing worse than having to go from shop to shop to find it would there 😴
This was my reason for sticking with Cow and Gate.
I wanted to make sure if there was ever a case I needed to get more, that it was widely available in a variety of shops

Reactions: 4
I've been having cramps on and off all day so far. Walked 20 minutes into town to my midwife appointment where she said he's really low now (he wasn't even engaged a week ago!). She's said the cramps are a good sign and has let me know the midwife led unit is open tonight - and has said she's hoping I'll be there tonight! 😧

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I threw all my bottles out but I think I’ll give mam a whirl and stick with cow and gate

I don’t know what I’d do without this thread 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Had a bit of a scare this morning, went for my 34 week midwife app and didn’t think anything of it as everything has been going fine up to now. However when she checked his heart beat she did so for about 15 mins and then finally said that it’s 170 which is high and sent me straight to triage. I was completely panicked because I wasn’t expecting it. Got on the machine in triage for about 20 mins and although it did go up to about 188 at some points it was when he was active which is normal apparently. Babies average heart rate was actually about 139 over that 20 mins. I’d heard of a slower heart rate but not a fast one haha these babies like to keep us on our toes 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Quick Q how are people coping with constipation? It’s horrendous! I don’t think I’ve ever really had it before…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.