Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I seem to constantly have a headache at the moment and I’m 18 weeks. I thought it was dehydration but it doesn’t matter how much I drink I end up with a headache in the evening and then the morning.
Does anyone have any ideas or tips?
I had awful headaches around this time too. 4head roll on and a cold flannel in a dark room provided some relief. ❤

Reactions: 3
Please tell me I’m not the only one being an absolute moody cow. I’m nearly 34 weeks and the littlest thing tips me over the edge. I also feel stressed that I am running out of time to get things ready for the baby. Like meal prep and having everything set up. We are getting new flooring put in 2 weeks before I’m due so it’s kind of preventing me from unpacking stuff and I don’t know how to not stress about it. I’m in full on nest mode but I can’t do what I want to do. I should know better this is my 2nd but I am just a bit ball of stress 😓
I'm the same even down to the gestation. We have my MIL coming to stay from 4 hours away a week before my due date, as there are a few days where we will have no nearby family to watch my daughter if I go into labour. We will give her our room and be in the living room (downstairs loo and no door on the living room so I don't want to disturb her all night if I give her the living room). I feel like I just can't get everything into place how I want to.

Also can't get my daughter's old things like.play mat, rocker, etc down from the loft yet because there will just be no room. I'd love to just get it all set up now.

Reactions: 2
I’m terms of training I have been majorly slacking the last 7 weeks because of morning sickness, I have still been active due to work but now im starting to get my energy back I will be back to training on Monday! What I will say as someone who is qualified in many different forms of fitness is don’t listen when people say oh don’t lift this don’t do that when you’re pregnant! Obviously don’t go deadlifting 70kg when that’s not something you’d usually do but don’t be afraid to lift weights whilst pregnant! I’ve had a few pregnant clients and I plan on training up until I pop! I am still really scared that I will lose my body forever but I’m making sure I do everything I can to be fuelling and working my body as I have been for all these years and just letting what will be be! If anyone has anyone questions relating to fitness and nutrition just ask 😘
Thanks, I have some incredible female role models in my life - pole instructors who taught and competed at 8.5 months pregnant, the afore mentioned runners, a few really good strength training ladies who could lift me with one hand XD so I know it's possible it's just the little voice in my head! I plan on carrying on as I am at present with my gym work, just going to adapt things a bit. I did a spin class yesterday morning before I did the tests and didn't feel fab so just graded it for myself and took it a bit easier when necessary. I'm minorly pissed off that I'm still not running atm because of my foot and a bit worried that I'll not be able to get back into that for a while I guess.

So a question for you lovely knowledgeable lot, I have 2 back to back ‘obstetrics’ appointments tomorrow I’m not sure what they’ll be for. I’m 22 weeks exactly tomorrow. Any pointers for what happens in an obstetrics appointment at this point? Is this when they start measuring the bump etc?

So a question for you lovely knowledgeable lot, I have 2 back to back ‘obstetrics’ appointments tomorrow I’m not sure what they’ll be for. I’m 22 weeks exactly tomorrow. Any pointers for what happens in an obstetrics appointment at this point? Is this when they start measuring the bump etc?
Are you consultant led and will have growth scans? If so they won't measure bump anyway and even if they did, it doesn't start until 28 weeks and that'd be at your normal midwife appointments.

I had my first consultant appointment around then. It was just a bunch of questions, asking how I was ect.
Not sure what the 2 together could be though. I vahuely remember something similar with my 2nd but can't remember what it was 😂

Out of curiosity how did other people get their blood test results after the booking appointment? Did the midwife ring you to discuss or is it the GP? My hospital has a shared electronic patient record where test results and appointments get logged and a couple of them say 'results will be released on X date' which is worrying me a bit as surely if it was straightforward then they would just release them?

Out of curiosity how did other people get their blood test results after the booking appointment? Did the midwife ring you to discuss or is it the GP? My hospital has a shared electronic patient record where test results and appointments get logged and a couple of them say 'results will be released on X date' which is worrying me a bit as surely if it was straightforward then they would just release them?
My midwife just checked over them at my next appointment 😊
They did get uploaded online but it took a week or so. Can't remember how long.

If there was something wrong, they'd contact you

My midwife just checked over them at my next appointment 😊
They did get uploaded online but it took a week or so. Can't remember how long.

If there was something wrong, they'd contact you
Thanks, I had my booking appt on Thursday and results started coming through that night! I'm trying not to worry as the results that have been held back are HIV and hep C so I think they would want to tell you about that sooner rather than later and it says the results won't be released until August which feels a bit odd!

Reactions: 1
Thanks, I had my booking appt on Thursday and results started coming through that night! I'm trying not to worry as the results that have been held back are HIV and hep C so I think they would want to tell you about that sooner rather than later and it says the results won't be released until August which feels a bit odd!
I'd imagine they go to different testing areas and there's maybe a longer waiting time for them or something.

It could be a backlog in the lab for the HIV & hep C results. Doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong.
In the trust I worked in HIV and HEP C samples were done in a different lab & took longer to come back.

Are you consultant led and will have growth scans? If so they won't measure bump anyway and even if they did, it doesn't start until 28 weeks and that'd be at your normal midwife appointments.

I had my first consultant appointment around then. It was just a bunch of questions, asking how I was ect.
Not sure what the 2 together could be though. I vahuely remember something similar with my 2nd but can't remember what it was 😂
See I am with a consultant now, but I saw them last week, for haematology related issues and my overactive placenta. I also am going to be having additional growth scans dure to my placenta stuff. And we have a follow up 20 week scan on Tuesday as little boy wouldn’t get in the right position to finish checks at the 20 week scan. Actually as I’m typing this I just realised this might be my asthma consultant 😅 oh bloody hell, I might as well move into this bloody hospital! 🤣

On the plus side, just discovered marmite cures my nausea. Especially in a wholemeal bread sandwich with butter. It’s not anything anyone mentioned to me before I’m so sick of being told about ginger and lemonade which just made me worse…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Hey I’m 38 and plus size.. I’m by no means huge but considered plus size. I already have arthritis have done for 16 years and I’m 12 weeks pregnant with my second child. The past few days my lower back is absolutely killing me but in bed last night everytime I moved I heard a crack or popping sound in my back pelvis it was so loud it woke my husband. Has anyone else had this? Thank you

Hey I’m 38 and plus size.. I’m by no means huge but considered plus size. I already have arthritis have done for 16 years and I’m 12 weeks pregnant with my second child. The past few days my lower back is absolutely killing me but in bed last night everytime I moved I heard a crack or popping sound in my back pelvis it was so loud it woke my husband. Has anyone else had this? Thank you
Hey lovely, I haven’t had this and I’m similar to you (37 and plus size but not huge, I was a 16 in most things and an 18 in jeans due to my massive thighs, this is my first pregnancy) however I did find I had a very sore pelvis early on, probably around the end of 12 weeks, and have slept with a pregnancy pillow that’s helped massively. It could just be the normal growing aches and pains but maybe worth checking with your midwife. Have you got your booking appointment soon? Maybe ask then

Hey lovely, I haven’t had this and I’m similar to you (37 and plus size but not huge, I was a 16 in most things and an 18 in jeans due to my massive thighs, this is my first pregnancy) however I did find I had a very sore pelvis early on, probably around the end of 12 weeks, and have slept with a pregnancy pillow that’s helped massively. It could just be the normal growing aches and pains but maybe worth checking with your midwife. Have you got your booking appointment soon? Maybe ask then
I’ve had my booking scan so I’ve no appts to 16 weeks il ask them maybe I should try a pillow

Hello all...
Tea babies were born via c section on Tuesday morning... all doing well :)
X

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Hello all...
Tea babies were born via c section on Tuesday morning... all doing well :)
X
Not me eagerly awaiting your update! Huge congratulations! Welcome to twin life ❤❤❤ Hope you’re recovering well xx

• Heart
Congratulations to all the mamas who’ve just had their babies! Hope you’re all doing well 💗

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.