Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had food poisoning a few weeks ago and was so worried. Just call your assessment unit if you do end up with it, it was no problem in the end with me and they were extremely reassuring when I was completely Losing my mind over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I had food poisoning a few weeks ago and was so worried. Just call your assessment unit if you do end up with it, it was no problem in the end with me and they were extremely reassuring when I was completely Losing my mind over it.
it was literally one bite but I’m just panicking now 😩😩

Please tell me I’m not the only one being an absolute moody cow. I’m nearly 34 weeks and the littlest thing tips me over the edge. I also feel stressed that I am running out of time to get things ready for the baby. Like meal prep and having everything set up. We are getting new flooring put in 2 weeks before I’m due so it’s kind of preventing me from unpacking stuff and I don’t know how to not stress about it. I’m in full on nest mode but I can’t do what I want to do. I should know better this is my 2nd but I am just a bit ball of stress 😓
im 34 weeks and feeling the exact same!! I have most things ready but I’m suddenly really emotional and the overwhelming thought of having a little person join me in 6 weeks maybe sooner is just too much!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
When people ask you if baby was planned or not (believe it or not, we’ve had it multiple times, most recently this evening!) what do you say?
I just say yes & leave it at that. What annoys me more is the “ so how long were you trying?” Question. Like that’s REALLY none of your business

Thank you! ❤❤

Baby William arrived at 2.05am this morning by a water birth weighing exactly 7lbs
He’s beautiful and perfect in every way… I’m so in love ❤🥰
CONGRATULATIONS! 🎈❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Hope everyone is okay. ❤

Apologies for the radio silence.

Our little man was born on Thursday (I've changed this at least 3 times.. What even is the day today?!?😳) exactly two weeks late. Unfortunately we didn't have the best labour and it ended up being very traumatic which I won't go into detail on, but our little boy is here and he's healthy, beautiful and perfect... We were all convinced he was a girl though!!!

Can honestly say the midwives who looked after me are complete angels. Without them neither me or my little boy would be here and I'll be forever grateful for them. I was so fortunate to have a positive experience in that sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Hope everyone is okay. ❤

Our little man was born on Thursday (I've changed this at least 3 times.. What even is the day today?!?😳) exactly two weeks late. Unfortunately we didn't have the best labour and it ended up being very traumatic which I won't go into detail on, but our little boy is here and he's healthy, beautiful and perfect... We were all convinced he was a girl though!!!

Can honestly say the midwives who looked after me are complete angels. Without them neither me or my little boy would be here and I'll be forever grateful for them. I was so fortunate to have a positive experience in that sense.
So pleased for you, have been thinking about you 💙💙💙

• Heart
I seem to constantly have a headache at the moment and I’m 18 weeks. I thought it was dehydration but it doesn’t matter how much I drink I end up with a headache in the evening and then the morning.
Does anyone have any ideas or tips?

I seem to constantly have a headache at the moment and I’m 18 weeks. I thought it was dehydration but it doesn’t matter how much I drink I end up with a headache in the evening and then the morning.
I'm further behind you at 12 weeks but Im fine in the mornings and then like clock work every day between 3 and 4 I get an awful headache that stays with me until bedtime. I was putting it down to hormonal shifts but I've honestly no idea 🤷🏻‍♀️ I did find by increasing my fluid intake helped marginally though.

I’ve been getting tension headaches for weeks, it’s so debilitating. What kind of headache do you have? Can you put a cool strip on or a heated pillow round your neck? Magnesium helped me in my last pregnancy for the cluster headaches I was getting.

Cooling migraine strips are half price in sainsburys at the moment if you have a big one nearby. I found they helped a bit

I used to get these , and was told it could be increase in blood . Is it your first? I didn’t get it with my second , but it felt like a migraine it was so bad.

I have abs ( for now haha) so I’m guessing everything is stretching. It’s not severe at all just very mild period pains. Also I probably sound so so selfish but is it normal to be this scared about losing their pre baby body? I feel selfish in a way because I know so many women would love to be pregnant but with my job and my lifestyle it’s like My whole life revolves around fitness and I worry that I could potentially lose it all 😩 that sounded less pathetic in my head 😂😂😂
Found out I was pregnant yesterday (well, two positive tests - need to get to the drs and get things sorted “officially”!) and I must admit this is something my mind has been stuck on since I found out 😳 I’m no way near as fit as you are - no visible abs here, just flabs - but I run a lot (or did until PF happened after my marathon in May, now gymming it a lot more and getting back into lifting) and I’m so scared I’ll not be able to get back to it. Completely irrationally as I have a lot of friends who are mothers, who are also pregnant, even one who has three kids under the age of 5 who are all runners and able to make fitness a part of their life post baby.

I think a lot of it stems from my parents not being at all physically active in any way and my mum (and sister now, both are naturally quite slim) had very much a “kids come above all so I won’t take time out to do exercise” mentality.

Found out I was pregnant yesterday (well, two positive tests - need to get to the drs and get things sorted “officially”!) and I must admit this is something my mind has been stuck on since I found out 😳 I’m no way near as fit as you are - no visible abs here, just flabs - but I run a lot (or did until PF happened after my marathon in May, now gymming it a lot more and getting back into lifting) and I’m so scared I’ll not be able to get back to it. Completely irrationally as I have a lot of friends who are mothers, who are also pregnant, even one who has three kids under the age of 5 who are all runners and able to make fitness a part of their life post baby.

I think a lot of it stems from my parents not being at all physically active in any way and my mum (and sister now, both are naturally quite slim) had very much a “kids come above all so I won’t take time out to do exercise” mentality.
I’m similar to you, I ran and worked out a lot but unfortunately I’ve had hyperemesis and severe back pain and I’ve had to battle with myself to accept it is what it is. I’d have loved to have carried on like a lot of others do (Instagram is FULL of pregnant women lifting heavy weights and running 10ks - kudos to them) but not everyone can carry on and that’s FINE. I’m still
Walking, doing yoga/Pilates and I try and do one workout with a kettlebell a week. I didn’t do much at all during my first pregnancy but was back to it within 6 months. Try not to worry x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m terms of training I have been majorly slacking the last 7 weeks because of morning sickness, I have still been active due to work but now im starting to get my energy back I will be back to training on Monday! What I will say as someone who is qualified in many different forms of fitness is don’t listen when people say oh don’t lift this don’t do that when you’re pregnant! Obviously don’t go deadlifting 70kg when that’s not something you’d usually do but don’t be afraid to lift weights whilst pregnant! I’ve had a few pregnant clients and I plan on training up until I pop! I am still really scared that I will lose my body forever but I’m making sure I do everything I can to be fuelling and working my body as I have been for all these years and just letting what will be be! If anyone has anyone questions relating to fitness and nutrition just ask 😘

Hope everyone is okay. ❤

Congratulations ❤

• Heart

Congratulations!! This is my second pregnancy but I was the fittest I’d been before we conceived this time. I’ve stopped exercising from around 8 weeks as I’ve been exhausted but planning on getting back to it now that I’m 14 weeks and getting some energy back.
I think it helps to be realistic about what you can manage and don’t put pressure on yourself to work out when you’re not feeling great. Lowering your expectations on what exercise you can do really helps and just counting any movement to help your body feel good.
If exercising is important to you, you will find a way to get back to it. Whether that’s in 6 weeks after birth or 6 months. I personally took 15 months to get back to it for various reasons. @goodfortheswole on Instagram has some really good info on starting exercises for birth preparation and getting back to it after birth.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.