Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was at a birthday party not long after my second miscarriage, someone was there with her newborn which was hard enough so I avoided it, came back from the toilet to someone asking when I’ll be giving my mum a grandchild.. “surely it’s your turn soon” people are just tit 🤦🏼‍♀️
I had similar when I had my miscarriage.
A couple of weeks after at a family bbq and my mum turned around with my aunt and said "When are you going to make me a grandma" 😑 she knew everything about my miscarriage too!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
When people ask you if baby was planned or not (believe it or not, we’ve had it multiple times, most recently this evening!) what do you say?
Weirdly I haven’t had that yet even though me and my partner aren’t married so I was expecting it. My response I was going to/will give is “that’s a rude question isn’t it” said with a smile 😊

I just say it’s none of your business. I bleeping hate that question it’s so rude and intrusive

I’m under consultant care and had a forcep birth last time, I’m likely to be having a section this time
What did you need the forceps for last time, do you also have a tiny pelvis? 😄 x

Reactions: 2
@TreeTrunksApplePie I’ll put behind a spoiler x

she was back to back and got stuck. I’ve got an app in a few weeks to do a debrief of my birth to fully understand what went wrong. They let me push for 2 and a half hours before deciding to intervene. My midwife thinks I should have been offered a c section. I had a major PPH afterwards. She was a big baby for 36+6 (7lb1oz). I had a growth scan at 36 weeks so they knew she was big for my weight and height, I had an app at 37+2 with a consultant to discuss c section/induction but obv I didn’t make it that far

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So apparently i'm officially under consultant care now for a few things. It's reassuring as I feel they are covering all bases but I'm now on lots of new drugs including daily injections, eep!

So due to a family risk of blood clots i'm now on blood thinning injections. Is anyone else on these? I was quite surprised. I've been told i'll need to inject myself daily until I go into labour. On the bright side one of the things in the whole pregnancy/birth process i've been most scared of was that I might have more chance of having a fatal clot so it eases that anxiety if inconvenient.

My over-efficient placenta can sometimes indicate that I could develop pre-eclampsia at a later stage apparently, though currently my blood pressure is all good. So i'm on a higher dose of aspirin now. Also extra scans to monitor little man's growth, but i'm seeing that as a positive thing as i will get to see him that bit more :)

Also found out from my mum today that the reason she had 2 forcep births, when she was very young and with small babies was because she has a very small pelvic opening which only became apparent during birth... poor woman. I have the same build as her and i'm bricking it now... ! Is it worth just asking for an elective caesarean rather than dealing with that, assuming it's likely i'm the same?
Of course you can request an elective if that is what you feel most comfortable with! Best to discuss this history with your consultant but at the end of the day if you don’t feel comfortable with a vaginal birth that’s fine too

Reactions: 1
@TreeTrunksApplePie I’ll put behind a spoiler x

she was back to back and got stuck. I’ve got an app in a few weeks to do a debrief of my birth to fully understand what went wrong. They let me push for 2 and a half hours before deciding to intervene. My midwife thinks I should have been offered a c section. I had a major PPH afterwards. She was a big baby for 36+6 (7lb1oz). I had a growth scan at 36 weeks so they knew she was big for my weight and height, I had an app at 37+2 with a consultant to discuss c section/induction but obv I didn’t make it that far
Your experience is very similar to mine, except I was 41+2 and she was 9lb2. I never had any growth scans as my bump measured perfectly. So yeah, they absolutely mean nothing 🤣
I’m under a consultant this time, I’ve not seen them yet but my midwife said they will probably induce me a week before I’m due depending on a growth scan.

• Heart
I'm really not coping at the moment in this heatwave. 33 weeks, just hit the stage where it takes about 10 minutes to get off the sofa or move in bed. I have a stinking cold and a toddler who is just getting over one, and who also has given up on sleeping the last week. She didn't nap for a few months anyway but now we are lucky to get 9 hours from her a night. That would be fine but my god she's ratty in the day and frankly I don't have the patience for it. I ended up on all fours sobbing yesterday as she screamed at me for a sandwich that she didn't end up eating anyway. Today she's up at 4:15am and still in her room. Won't go back to sleep. Even if she did I'm too bunged up and achey to sleep. She is playing up for me big time but is an angel for my husband.

Not much point to this post other than I'm done with being pregnant, in a heatwave, with a cold and a highly strung sleep deprived toddler.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm really not coping at the moment in this heatwave. 33 weeks, just hit the stage where it takes about 10 minutes to get off the sofa or move in bed. I have a stinking cold and a toddler who is just getting over one, and who also has given up on sleeping the last week. She didn't nap for a few months anyway but now we are lucky to get 9 hours from her a night. That would be fine but my god she's ratty in the day and frankly I don't have the patience for it. I ended up on all fours sobbing yesterday as she screamed at me for a sandwich that she didn't end up eating anyway. Today she's up at 4:15am and still in her room. Won't go back to sleep. Even if she did I'm too bunged up and achey to sleep. She is playing up for me big time but is an angel for my husband.

Not much point to this post other than I'm done with being pregnant, in a heatwave, with a cold and a highly strung sleep deprived toddler.
I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. I’m only 13 weeks but can’t cope with the heat at the best of times so I can imagine how you’re feeling. I made a post on the toddler advice thread about how awful my toddler has been recently. It’s been really hard and just wanted to let you know you’re not alone!

Don’t know if they’re any good but you can get cooling blankets and gelpads for your pillow and under your sheets off Amazon. I’m seriously considering it!

I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. I’m only 13 weeks but can’t cope with the heat at the best of times so I can imagine how you’re feeling. I made a post on the toddler advice thread about how awful my toddler has been recently. It’s been really hard and just wanted to let you know you’re not alone!

Don’t know if they’re any good but you can get cooling blankets and gelpads for your pillow and under your sheets off Amazon. I’m seriously considering it!
Thank you, this heat is absolute balls isn't it?!

I didn't know there was a toddler thread here or about the gel pads, so double thank you!

I didn't know there was a toddler thread here or about the gel pads, so double thank you!
BRB going to find this toddler thread you speak of

and I can fully sympathise with everything you have said minus the heat (wrong hemisphere), but am 34 weeks and everything is just an effort isn’t it!

• Heart
toddler thread is here for anyone interested.

I hate it 😂 my town shopping centre is dire, really only a primark there and I’d left it too late to get a sun hat. Had to get a bucket hat as couldn’t cope with the sun on my head giving me a headache. I look a right twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Do you know what’s pissing me off. Every time I moan about the hot weather here being uncomfortable, some idiot tries to rain on my parade ‘how are u gonna cope when you’re abroad?’ Erm well I won’t be working, won’t be sat at a sweaty desk, won’t have housework to do, there will be a pool, there will be the sea, there will be aircon, so duck off please

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Solidarity with those of you pregnant with toddlers. My 2.5 year old is such a handful at the moment, it’s bloody hard work. I definitely have moments where I think aaaah was this a good idea 😂. Just keep reminding myself that everything is a phase. Having a newborn and a toddler will be preferable to being pregnant with a toddler I think!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi long time lurker here and really enjoying reading all your posts as I’m completely clueless when it comes to all things pregnancy and baby.
I’m currently 11+5 and already not sleeping at night and reaching the point where I want to scream. I’m getting pretty bad neck and upper back pain or just generally feel uncomfortable and restless in that area. The fact that my pillows and mattress are way too firm for me doesn’t help (OH got them before I met him but I’ll be hopefully buying some replacements soon). In the meantime I need a pregnancy pillow that will help with the above. I know this question has been asked before but there’s so much choice and I don’t really know what to go for as most reviews seem pretty mixed online.

Hi long time lurker here and really enjoying reading all your posts as I’m completely clueless when it comes to all things pregnancy and baby.
I’m currently 11+5 and already not sleeping at night and reaching the point where I want to scream. I’m getting pretty bad neck and upper back pain or just generally feel uncomfortable and restless in that area. The fact that my pillows and mattress are way too firm for me doesn’t help (OH got them before I met him but I’ll be hopefully buying some replacements soon). In the meantime I need a pregnancy pillow that will help with the above. I know this question has been asked before but there’s so much choice and I don’t really know what to go for as most reviews seem pretty mixed online.
I got the Kallysleep U-shaped pregnancy pillow after a recommendation from a couple of people on here. I’d just started to have some PGP at 20 weeks and I’m also a tummy sleeper so needed something to correct that and get me to sleep on my side.

I managed to get a deal as they had a Jubilee offer, but it was still at the more expensive end of the scale. They do offer a money-back returns policy but if you’re worried you might not take to it others have said you can get something similar at Asda.

I’ve relegated my partner to the other bed at the moment because in this heat I can’t be sleeping with a giant person-sized pillow and him 😂 but I’ve had no PGP since I’ve started using it and I’m sleeping better (now I’ve fixed my cramp issue).

Solidarity with those of you pregnant with toddlers. My 2.5 year old is such a handful at the moment, it’s bloody hard work. I definitely have moments where I think aaaah was this a good idea 😂. Just keep reminding myself that everything is a phase. Having a newborn and a toddler will be preferable to being pregnant with a toddler I think!
Literally my daily thoughts. There is so much to love about each stage though, I need to remind myself of that. And I’m looking forward to seeing my 1st become a big brother 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.